Deluge Won't Write File to Specified Folder

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Gildor
New User
New User

Deluge Won't Write File to Specified Folder

Post by Gildor »

Running on Windows 10. I cannot get Deluge to save the final file to the folder specified in preferences. It was working fine until I got rid of some Hard drives that I had that were filling up and replaced them with new, bigger capacity drives. I have Torrents folder and a "files" folder under that where I like to deposit the final files.

It does do that but just not on the correct physical drive. I have tried various means (clicking on appropriate locations, manually writing out the path, etc) in Preferences to change it to the correct drive, but it refuses to go to the correct folder. Did a Google search and one suggested a new torrents.fastresume file. Tried that, no effect.

One thing I have not yet tried is de-installing Deluge and re-installing from scratch. I have some YSS scripts set up which I am loath to have to reconstruct after a re-install. Any suggestions short of the nuclear option? Thanks!
Gildor
New User
New User

Re: Deluge Won't Write File to Specified Folder

Post by Gildor »

Oh, I don't know if it matters but the behavior is the same if running under the daemon or the GUI.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge Won't Write File to Specified Folder

Post by shamael »

Hi,

what about the permission? Are you sur Deluge is able to write the folder? Make a try not directly at the root of the hard drive but well on a first folder where you give it full permission