Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, just quickly wanted to add that I found a minor issue with deluge showing an error in log a single time whenever enabling a plugin, when newest python-setuptools 1.57 used to build the plugin. I found and investigated this issue on my Linux system and made a bug report about it, explaining why happens and suggested code-fix, here: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3476

This issue should also be in my latest posted deluge2 installer as used newest components for everything there, so just wanted to add that if you see an error in log a single time upon enabling a plugin, a default or third-party, then can be fully ignored, as just means the plugin description couldn't be read at the time, and error will not show again. My bug-ticket above has an easy code-fix if wanting to fix this(the file to change should here be prepended with 'Lib\site-packages' of install-folder), but as said, you don't need bother, as can be ignored fully.

Just a heads up :)

Edit: Forgot to say that if using AutoAdd plugin with magnets, then broken in latest dev release, which I reported on bugtracker and also posted fixed version here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55968. The windows installer should be affected too, hence mentioning this here also, but again, unless actually using .magnet text-files to be picked up by AutoAdd plugin specifically, then not an issue and can be ignored.
RobrPatty
New User
New User

Post by RobrPatty »

Just for info I found that deluge-1.3.15-win32-py2.7.exe on the official server has some kind of trojan. It corrupts setup.exe files in extracted ISO's. I have tested several times. But these unofficial builds no issue.

edit: my bad. Had a baddddd trojan on my pc that was the culprit. Sorry deluge forums.
Last edited by RobrPatty on Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
BWMerlin
New User
New User

Post by BWMerlin »

RobrPatty wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:04 am Just for info I found that deluge-1.3.15-win32-py2.7.exe on the official server has some kind of trojan. It corrupts setup.exe files in extracted ISO's. I have tested several times. But these unofficial builds no issue.
Do you have any evidence of this Trojan? I have just run the official file through virus total, jotti and hybrid analysis and they have all report it as clean.
NeoMod
New User
New User

Post by NeoMod »

Thank you!

I had a docker container with latest deluge up and running, and I couldn't connect anymore from windows client. Your version saved me a lot of headaches. Much appreciated. :D
clutch
New User
New User

Post by clutch »

Hey,

i'm facing roughly the same issue as I had when I built Deluge 2.0. by myself. It won't save settings of connection manager, so I have to type it each time (server, username, password).
Any idea?
tech
New User
New User

Post by tech »

clutch wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:32 am Hey,

i'm facing roughly the same issue as I had when I built Deluge 2.0. by myself. It won't save settings of connection manager, so I have to type it each time (server, username, password).
Any idea?
I'm having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, many thanks to mhertz for all the work they put into this!
tugurlann

Post by tugurlann »

Hello,

Two issues on my side, after installing the prebuilt version from the first post:

- it does not save the connection settings when starting as thin-client. It does save the "don't show dialogue" and "connect automatically" but does not save / replace the localhost entry.
- - it can take a lot of time to start, even if we are talking about a 5800X with nvme and caching; while it starts, there are hiccups where keyboard input (??) seems to be delayed as if pooling rate is decreasedlooks like it's trying to connect / waiting for daemon to exist on localhost (related to the above?)

- it does not load the ltconfig plugin when connected to the remote daemon. (remote daemon runs on a linux machine).

It is usable though at this point, but still in tandem with the web-ui.

Is there a debug mode to start so that I can see output and what it complains about?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Lol, I thought this was fmar's thread, so didn't want to answer before him, but second time around now noticing it's petersasi's thread, which seemingly taking a break currently, so should be okay I gather :)

Anyway, just a few points I can offer on this.

Ltconfig should work, do you have it on both server and client and install manually as UIs sometime fails doing propperly.

The connection manager thing I've seen reported many times, but could never reproduce myself when messing with this. Do you keep the localhost entry and just add new host, which is forgotten? Ohh wait, I did reproduce once, in 20 times or more, so hard to troubleshoot. I write protected hostlist.conf as I suggested to others as workaround, though not effective as it's a reading not writing problem apparently. Sorry don't know why I'm affraid.

Likewise the connection slowness I'm affraid. Could be gtk3 related. When I messed with this in older times, it did took little time to load, but not more than 5 secs(very first time I.e uncached, twise that), and that was on a win10 VM with 2gb reserved only and 2 cores dedicated. However I would suggest using a newer build from fmar in the other thread in the windows section - I'd recommend the dev version, as many things fixed in deluge's develop branch compared to 2.0.3 release. If just wanna do a quick test, then can use the portable version.

Hope helps you little bit.

Edit: 'deluge-debug.exe -L debug -l "%userprofile%\desktop\deluge.log"'
kai
New User
New User

Post by kai »

It works on a machine running English version of Windows, but it doesn't work on Chinese version of Windows. It does nothing on start, I think this has something to do with the encoding of Windows.
kai
New User
New User

Post by kai »

Installation on Chinese version of Windows is successful. However, when I run deluge.exe on Chinese version of Windows, it does nothing on start. When I run deluge-debug.exe on Chinese version of Windows, it prints:

Code: Select all

Fatal Python error: init_stdio_encoding: failed to get the Python codec name of the stdio encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
LookupError: unknown encoding: cp936

Current thread 0x00001c38 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>