Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by mhertz »

Download this file and place it into 'INSTALL-LOCATION\Lib\encodings' : https://gofile.io/d/PiEsZV (EDIT: Use solution for @all at bottom of this post instead, where I fixed the dead link)

Restart deluge and should work now. It was a case of missing codepage file for your defined/installed language of windows i.e. cp1254 in your case.

@petersasi

Probably a good idea to exclude from your cleanup, whole 'Lib\encodings' folder, in your next release.

Edit:

@all

If others having similar issue, then replace the folder: 'INSTALL-LOCATION\Lib\encodings', with this zipped version(unpacked), which includes all languages as per python default: https://paste.c-net.org/SkeetShutters
Last edited by mhertz on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kebab
New User
New User

Post by Kebab »

It works wonderfully fine now! Thank you so much Mr @MHertz :)
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

@mhertz
Hello mhertz

Should we have translation by replacing the folder you've just talked about ?

(i've tried and none french words appears in the deluge interface but thats not a big problem for me, just to know, that would be someway easier)

Post Scriptum :

.I refind the post for Label plus that you gave me sometime ago (totaly forgotten this episode, ex weed intense smoker, losting little by little memory) and it's working now (rather again :))

For those whom are interested, here it is : https://github.com/bdutro/deluge-labelplus/releases

.And may be a job that you have released for me too, that i think shouldn't be lost for everyone (it isn't for me at least), that removes confimation dialog box while erasing torrents. (data and torrent)

Patch-2.exe (bypass remove-torrent gtk-dialog and always just remove torrent + data) :

Note (for new readers) that the exe installs totaly silently.
No confirmation or way out box.
To revert previous state, rerun the exe.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 9381676436
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, no, it's only relevant for people where deluge.exe doesn't start, and where running 'python' from installed dir in cmd-prompt displays fatal python error ending with 'LookupError: unknown encoding: xxxxxx', nothing else.

Nice of you to post that old patch and info mate :)
scudrr
New User
New User

Post by scudrr »

I was able to sort out the bug, and opened a PR to fix it: https://github.com/deluge-torrent/deluge/pull/301

@petersasi, and @MHerz there were files missing in the Twisted, and PyWin32 libraries that were required for the Execute plugin. I copied over these two libraries into the Deluge directory. So I'm not sure which specific files need to be removed from https://github.com/petersasi/deluge2-wi ... edList.txt

----------------------------------------------

Thanks for creating these installers! Everything works well, except I cannot get the Execute plugin to work. Has anyone else run into this? I've tried both 2.0.3, and 2.0.4dev38. In both version, the following error comes up in the logs when a torrent completes, and the Execute plugin attempts to run:

Code: Select all

[DEBUG   ][deluge_execute.core           :65  ] Running commands for complete
[ERROR][deluge.core.eventmanager :79 ] Event handler TorrentFinishedEvent failed in <function Core.enable.<locals>.create_event_handler.<locals>.event_handler at 0x0000015427FB30D0> with exception a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
To do the testing, I used a simple batch file from the Execute plugin documentation.

Code: Select all

@echo off
set torrentid=%1
set torrentname=%2
set torrentpath=%3
@echo Torrent Details:  %torrentname% %torrentpath% %torrentid%  >> "%userprofile%\Desktop\execute_script.log"
scudrr
New User
New User

Post by scudrr »

@petersasi thanks again for creating this installer. Before I stumbled on it, it was killing me not being able to upgrade to 2.x unless I did a manual install.

Question for you: I was looking through your build repo, and I see quite a few .patch files for deluge. Any reason why you don't fork the deluge repo, and maintain a branch with these changes, instead of going this patching at build route? Using a forked repo, you'd be able to leverage Github's merge conflict editor.
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

will we have any new updates on the project? libtorrent released another update

once again thank you for all your work @petersasi @mhertz I really admire your help

@cas any ideas about the future of this project? can we count on an official installer later this year?
aztroy
New User
New User

Post by aztroy »

my problem is not with deluge only but every other torrent client qbittorent,transmission,BiglyBT.
it always comes back to permission error some give me input/output error or access is denied type of error
now i already downloaded the game manually with idm but i had an error while extracting so i have to rehash the torrent so it fixes the problem
but when i do it with deluge it rechecks the download i get like 98.5 complete deluge starts to download the rest of the missing files but after a couple of seconds it goes back to 0 and stays there.
i know that the torrent works cuz when i try to download all of it, it start to download normally but i don't want to download it all over again

i'm sry about my bad english
i rly hope someone can help me
nero
New User
New User

Post by nero »

Hi all,
first, I thank @petersasi and @mhertz for making this project happen!
So going to the point, I have a question: Is there a way to change the language in this release? workarounds suggested in the FAQ had no effect on my side. The language installed on the system was also not detected, program runs only in English (which is not exactly a problem).

Kind regards
matthew4228
New User
New User

Post by matthew4228 »

Thanks to everyone for all the help and insight!

Does anyone know if there's a way to have Python recognize that Deluge has been installed through this windows installer?

I ask because I am running flexget and need deluge to be the client for the magnet links. When I run flexget, I get an error that I need deluge 1.5 or higher installed. Since deluge is not officially available for Windows after 1.3, I thought this unofficial release would be perfect.

When I run the python pip command for deluge, it doesn't detect deluge and asks if I want to install it. If I do, it installs deluge 1.3. So, there's the background.

Any insight would be most helpful. Thanks!