Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Bobby

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by Bobby »

I am sorry to post this, but still i have no luck with the new build from today :(

edit: @mhertz

I also tired youre sugested solotiom by remove 1 file, and also tired to remove the wholde folder and replace it with youres, and i didnt do any diffreance, I usally dont have any problemes but this one i diffrent for some reason.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hi Bobby, I talked to Peter earlier and he's working on it, so stay tuned for update from him or check timestamp of his release, or changelog, to see when new posted.
RobinXe
New User
New User

Post by RobinXe »

Folks, I registered here just to say how grateful I am for this! I had to try a couple of the versions, but got one that worked, and you have totally saved my sanity!

I spent several hours this afternoon working on a new server (currently running 1.3.15 on 16.04) and was troubleshooting SSH tunnelling, and iptables, and deluge settings, when all the while it was simply an incompatibility between client and daemon. What actually am I doing with my life!?!?

Anyway, thanks again!
st0rm
New User
New User

Post by st0rm »

The dev38 looks ok, installed it a while ago but haven't gotten around to making the shift for my synology NAS package yet. It's been bugging me to update.
Not sure if this will work better than 1.3.15 on W10.. ? Been waiting years for an official release.

The dev50 however won't launch in portable install. And the .exe icons look different. In normal install it will launch, but seems like im getting placeholder icons all over.
Kvothe
New User
New User

Post by Kvothe »

dev50 is working fine for me. Have not tested it in portable mode but normal is fine. Win10 64bit.
skupjoe

Post by skupjoe »

dev50 wouldn't connect for me and all icons were broken
dev51 from mhertz fixed these issues, but I could not install LabelPlus

So I needed to revert back to dev38 which doesn't have any issues. Python 3.8.2
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

skupjoe wrote: [...]
dev51 from mhertz fixed these issues, but I could not install LabelPlus
[...]
Just tested, works fine for me on my build. Of-course needs renaming from 8 to 9 in plugin's filename to match py3.9, as no release posted for latest python v3.9.x.

Anyway, while posting here anyways, then I haven't tested petersasi's installer regarding not connecting, but the portable mode not starting can be fixed by adding an extra dot to the defined relative path in file path.pth under Lib\site-packages\path.pth, sorry don't have the file now to see, but remember it needed a dot added to something along the lines of './data/bin' so '../data/bin' and then will start. For the broken icons, you can exchange the folder 'data\share\icons\adwaita\scalable' with a previous release of petersasi(or mine), and will work again. I also seem to remember one of the libtorrents didn't work, so select another one if the one you selected during install fails - though wasen't the default i.e. newest - maybe this got fixed in a rebuild of his, can't remember 100%, but atleast you know if affected if starts with libtorent not found error.

@Bobby, your issue was fixed with a rebuild of his I saw, and sorry my suggested fix wasen't correct as got confused by reports comparing my build with petersasi's where I though it was only mine compared(and couldn't reproduce myself), so mistaken initially what was about when replying to you, and which was certifi and not setuptools related in his build.

@RobinXe, thanks for the nice words mate and appreciate you registering for posting that! :) (Hope Peter don't mind I answer for him here)

Think that was it, if remember correct :)

Edit: BTW, I silently updated my previous last posted link some time ago, as skupjoe posted, just because found a message in debug output I had missed initially and wanted fixed, despite not seeing adverse effects from it, but just in case - wasent made to compete with petersasi's builds.

Edit2: Also remembered vagualy that somebody reported dredkin's remote-browse-button(deluge-rbb) plugin not working, in I guess Peter's version, a few weeks ago, sorry to lazy to lookup name of reporter or more specific details, but plugin works fine in my version though didn't checked Peter's version with it sorry, so please report to him again if issue there, but remember needs renaming to py3.9 in filename to be able to enable/install plugin at all, as per usual with deluge.
skupjoe

Post by skupjoe »

Hi mhertz and thanks for the reply back. I removed previous versions of python and installed Python 3.9.2 and I renamed

Code: Select all

LabelPlus-0.3.2.4-py3.8.egg
to

Code: Select all

LabelPlus-0.3.2.4-py3.9.egg
as suggested and everything works :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome mate :) just for completeness, the installer/build already includes its own isolated version of latest python 3.9.x - you can always look in the installed folder and see what version used by looking at the dll stating python3.9.dll or something, meaning all plugins need py3.9 in name(or no py-mention alternatively), and don't mater which python 3.9.x, as py3.9 in plugin file-name matches them all. If wanting to know the exact version, then can rightclick that dll, select 'properties' and check product version under 'details' tab. Alternatively same can be achieved by running 'python --version' in a cmd prompt from installed folder. Little annoying this system, but is deluge enforcing this and not me, though I often voiced my recommendation about not specifying python version at all when releasing plugins, so become a non-issue(unless rare conditions of using deprecated calls, though in that case makes sence to define compatible version), like e.g ltconfig plugin and select few others.

Glad to hear it's working for you and thanks for the feedback :)
therobin

Post by therobin »

Which of the builds posted if the latest recommend option for Windows 7 x64 users? Seems these have been updated to python3.9 and the python3.8 builds are x86?

Just having a bit of trouble following all the discussion.