Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Bobby

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by Bobby »

Thanks for the update, i apriociate it. I wonder what happend to petersasi ?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Appreciate your post, and you're very welcome mate! :)

Me to. He stopped replying on his github repo to my suggested fixes and upgrades, little under 5 months ago, and don't know if he's busy still, or lost interest, or whatever. I'm just holding the seat a little bit warm in the meantime, hopefully ;)
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

mhertz wrote: Last, Cas added some commits for merging PRs today, so glad to see he's picking up the pace again, and so I rebuilt the dev version with those commits. One of them I already had added, scudre's fix for making execute plugin work again on windows, plus a test fix and lint fix, plus some more:
Glad to hear about Cas taking up the (Deluge) development again.
Really looking forward new builds in the dev repository.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I think maby hes busy, i saw he have been logged in a few weeks ago, but if i remember correlty he was going to move to a new house ? but hopefully he will be back sooner then later. In the mean time i am very happy its still maintained
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@jeps, Yeah, I got excited about that good news too, and now just somewhat strange seeing '*dev44*' instead of '*dev38*' in my VMs dir/file-listings etc, as so used to that dev38 notion by now :D Thanks Cas again!

@Bobby, Ohh, really, didn't even know that, thanks mate, don't know why I didn't just think about doing that check also myself lol :) I guess he's just still busy then, like with the house moving venture you mentioned or whatnot, which I too remember he talked about, and can de daunting obviously and only so much time in the day, especially with work and family and whatnot taking first priority obviously, as it should.

@all, I finished testing second part of Strangelovian's nice PR regarding adding IPv6 support to geoip lookups. It didn't initially work here, which was why I halted it and only added first part at first(IPv6 support for libtorrent 1.2.x in deluge), but now I got it fixed here after checking up in the api docs and changing a few function-calls which was different between official geoip lib used and the one I had to revert to using, because not available for download on windows and had trouble building it through msvc, but anyway, I uploaded the dev-deluge installer with only change being that addition, and like with the IPv4 geoip support, then I added a few lines likewise for IPv6, so if the path for the db file(GeoIPv6.dat) doesn't exist(linux path by default), then just load from current app dir, if there, which I placed there of-course(initially I just changed the default path of both db's to current app-dir, but then only works on fresh runs without profile, as old profile will overwrite the IPv4 db path back to that linux one of previous runs, hence this way). I tested it works showing countries for IPv6 also now, out of the box, in both GTK and web UIs - though was little hard for me initially to test, as no IPv6 on my connection other than LAN, but ended up figuring out how to tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 on my win10 vm through terredo for it - if others wanting to test IPv6 and/or IPv6 geoip, in deluge, without having native ipv6 support like me, then in admin cmd-prompt run 'netsh int teredo set state enterpriseclient' and 'netsh int ipv6 set teredo client teredo.trex.fi', then check with 'ping -6 google.com' a few times in row to get going, and it's normal to get a few fails during the connects - for browsing IPv6 a reg-tweak is needed additionally, but worked fine for IPv6 in deluge which was enough for my needs of testing this(first part of PR I could test previously without needing IPv6 support, as just needing me checking if libtorrent got handed correct arguments and used them, through ltconfig plugin and deluge logs). Thanks again Strangelovian!

Deluge-2.0.4.dev44:
https://gofile.io/d/2inwE0
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I stupidly deleted my entire win10 VM by mistake when forgot the correct alias to use for something I messed with that I haden't used in a while and so accidentially hit another command which fully wiped it, doh! :) I managed restore it at lower file system level with specialized tool but the wrong alias I ran had wiped the files before deleting, so no luck there. Anyway, I usually always have a backup of everything important, as general rule, and also had now here, but forgot that backup was a fully clean win10, so needed a bunch of stuff to be restored like before, though lucky for me that i'm so obsessed with automating stuff, so practically just a matter of running a script for setting that up, but annoying all the same, and of-course my laptop wen't out of battery mid-through the long msvc install and cut power, damn, what a day this starts out to be lol, though solely my own fault of-course :)

So, I ran my install_components.cmd script etc, and just to have everything in place like before i.e. individual built components and such, then I ran the build-scripts again, and so I wasen't planning on a new release at all, and also no version changes happened of components used etc, but the last few releases I haden't rebuilt gtk3 or libtorrent, so even though same versions, then some more commits included as I build from release-candidate branches as said often, so might as well post new installers freshly built minuttes ago when having them available anyway I thought.

Deluge-2.0.3:
https://gofile.io/d/GQqUxN

Deluge-2.0.4.dev44:
https://gofile.io/d/QkAkB4
InStars
New User
New User

Post by InStars »

mhertz wrote:I stupidly deleted my entire win10 VM by mistake when forgot the correct alias to use for something I messed with that I haden't used in a while and so accidentially hit another command which fully wiped it, doh! :) I managed restore it at lower file system level with specialized tool but the wrong alias I ran had wiped the files before deleting, so no luck there. Anyway, I usually always have a backup of everything important, as general rule, and also had now here, but forgot that backup was a fully clean win10, so needed a bunch of stuff to be restored like before, though lucky for me that i'm so obsessed with automating stuff, so practically just a matter of running a script for setting that up, but annoying all the same, and of-course my laptop wen't out of battery mid-through the long msvc install and cut power, damn, what a day this starts out to be lol, though solely my own fault of-course :)

So, I ran my install_components.cmd script etc, and just to have everything in place like before i.e. individual built components and such, then I ran the build-scripts again, and so I wasen't planning on a new release at all, and also no version changes happened of components used etc, but the last few releases I haden't rebuilt gtk3 or libtorrent, so even though same versions, then some more commits included as I build from release-candidate branches as said often, so might as well post new installers freshly built minuttes ago when having them available anyway I thought.

Deluge-2.0.3:
https://gofile.io/d/GQqUxN

Deluge-2.0.4.dev44:
https://gofile.io/d/QkAkB4
Close, maximize and minimize window buttons are stretched in this Deluge-2.0.3 build when using Mantis Dark theme, they were fine with the original petersasi's build.
Attachments
mantis_dark.png
mantis_dark.png (1.93 KiB) Viewed 5647 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, I did notice it was little more than usual, but as couldn't make it better than this, even though much tried, then thought good enough, also as the most popular win10 mimicking gtk3 theme has same style and where most buttons and inspiration where drawn from. Normally in windows there is much space besides buttons, and the ubuntu theme buttons as originally used by the mantis theme maker was more narrower, but agreed there is even more space in mine than normally but just minimal extra imho, like e.g. here is other regular windows app to compare with mine:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (38.64 KiB) Viewed 5634 times
I don't have time today, but maybe tomorow, then i'll reupload installers with the original themes without my recent changes, and so people will again need enable GTK_CSD=0 if wanting the proper looks and not ubuntu buttons or win7 buttons, like previously, as cannot spend more time on trying fix this, as already spend way to many hours on this current result, and was just happy about even getting finally the real win10 buttons to show with proper hover/backdrop effects etc, and the tips online I tried of reducing space with zero padding and e.g. negative margins didn't result in better result than currently, though as said, noob as CSS to say the least.

Sorry for the trouble y'all.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

OK, gave it a last shot, and managed to reduce spaces, but wanted it still to mimick regular win10 controls as close as possible, and so imho it's now close enough, and atleast better than ubuntu and win7 controls on a windows 10 system, so will not revert anyway.

I rebuilt installers, though only with said above mentioned minimal change and no rebuilded components or other changes.

Deluge-2.0.3:
https://gofile.io/d/l7x3B3

Deluge-2.0.4.dev44:
https://gofile.io/d/CvYMvJ

Pics of default win32 theme and mantis-dark follows for reference, plus regular win10 app underneath as posted previously, to compare against:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (21.62 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (20.74 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
Untitled3.png
Untitled3.png (38.64 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
InStars
New User
New User

Post by InStars »

mhertz wrote:OK, gave it a last shot, and managed to reduce spaces, but wanted it still to mimick regular win10 controls as close as possible, and so imho it's now close enough, and atleast better than ubuntu and win7 controls on a windows 10 system, so will not revert anyway.

I rebuilt installers, though only with said above mentioned minimal change and no rebuilded components or other changes.

Deluge-2.0.3:
https://gofile.io/d/l7x3B3

Deluge-2.0.4.dev44:
https://gofile.io/d/CvYMvJ

Pics of default win32 theme and mantis-dark follows for reference, plus regular win10 app underneath as posted previously, to compare against:
The attachment Untitled.png is no longer available
The attachment Untitled2.png is no longer available
VirusDetected.PNG
VirusDetected.PNG (2.26 KiB) Viewed 5557 times
Chrome does not let me download Deluge-2.0.4.dev44 build, I get a message "Failed - Virus detected".
I did not experience this problem with Deluge-2.0.3 build though. I really like the improvements in win10 control buttons. Thank you!