Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by mhertz »

Glad to hear it works, thanks for reporting, appreciated :)

Yeah, it should be mentioned, but I don't have access to first post editing, as this is petersasi's thread, and is on break seemingly, hopefully returns later.

Btw, my builds is the same as petersasi's, just mine has newer components and a few extra things that betters isolation and more suited python edition(embedded), nothing else really, so you shouldn't have problems because of changing between our versions, but of-course you could get issues with a new GTK update or libtorrent update though - and plugins used need renaming to *py3.9* instead of *py3.8* in name, else won't be seen/used. Petersasi made alot of changes to the buildscripts to "pretty" things up and optimize workflow for his style(e.g saving temp files for later instead of cleaning them up, so next run would be quicker etc) and shut up warnings(though not affecting anything and just informational, so I never cared personally in such cases), and making things more professional so as cutting frequent stuff out of scripts and adding into a library to reuse instead of duplicating in every script, and colors in scripts etc, plus big cleanup to reduce size, but in the finished release you guys use there really isn't much difference in that regard, except mine is bigger and misses yarss2 which I didn't see why specificly include(e.g. then i'd also include ltconfig atleast, but people varies greatly in which plugins use). The things he changed that inluenzes end-users I have borrowed from him, like the patch for deluge-console and changed optimization of boost and left the things I didn't find important personally.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

mhertz wrote:I tested ...
Post scriptum. The checkbox is accessible, an audio file selectable but still doesn't work.

I've red that you could provide 3.8 version. I would like this please, mhertz.

Totaly other thing. If i wanted to upgrade from péterasi's version to your's would i have just to install your's over peterasi's one ?

PS i'm gonna try your's in a VM. There's no reason...

Where can i find it ? (i cannot find it anymore)
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

When i up/downgrade, i remove the deluge from the remove/programs like you would in anyother case, and after that i go to %appdata% and remove the "deluge" dir, so its 100% clean for the new install, afterwords i install and setup my plugins again and all that :-)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

My builds are here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55776&start=70#p232697

Yes just install over, it's as said the same thing practically, as if petersasi had run his scripts and provided an updated installer, though just I had to fix alot in mine and add several things as python 3.9 broke alot of the stuff and I didn't want to ship old python out, and which petersasi needs to add to his scripts when he returns, hopefully, to make work, or stay at older python 3.8. Good idea to use VM for testing mate regardless :) Great practise.

Anyway, I'll test if it works with a python 3.8 pygames in petersasi's installer and if my fixed version is needed, or other issue persisting, and post back later or tomorrow, with a new zip of pygame if warranted. I just have to get sound working in my win10 VM which doesn't currently.

Edit: You can also select portable install to test my installer without messing with yours, but just need place plugins and such under its installed subfolders data/deluge profile folder(generated upon first run).
Last edited by mhertz on Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Bobby, sorry missed your post, yes exactly, though if you want to save some time then just run the installer without uninstalling first, as I added functionality to fully delete old deluge install folder and install new afterwards(and kill running deluge daemons/GUI's if found so not errors out) - and you only have to delete the deluge profile folder under appdata if having issues, and not normally during upgrading.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@PhiliP

I got sound working in my VM and tested that the original notifications plugin does work for sounds and just mails that needed fixing as done in my fixed version, so if not needing mail then just stick to provided original version. pygame.zip which I provided before only works for my installer, as is python 3.9 version, so if using petersasi's, then this python 3.8 version works instead:

https://paste.c-net.org/UntieHarlem

As before, extract into installed folder's 'Lib\site-packages' folder directly(so not a pygame folder inside a pygame folder), and restart deluge and it works again.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

@Bobby and Mhertz. Received. Thanks. I'm gonna do all that...

Now works :). Thanks alot for the file and procedure Mhertz. Will join the Mhertz fork soon :).
Last edited by PhiliP on Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

Just wondering, did Deluge always only utilize 1 core for torrent traffic?
Running a LP system which can handle gbit traffic just fine, just not when only being hammered on one core.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@PhiliP, pygame should support various formats besides wav, e.g. mp3, ogg, flac etc - I have tested ogg and mp3 personally - e.g. this free test mp3 works: https://paste.c-net.org/GroupsExcuses.

@idiocracy Libtorrent supports one core for network thread, unless somethings changed. However, most CPU utilization is speculated to come from sha1 hashing, and disk calls is blocking, so enabling more threds to libtorrent helps, as disk-calls and hashing doesn't stall the core - for every 4 threads defined there's one thread used for hashing - a general concensus some use, which for many setups gives good performance, is to mulitply your number of cores(real+virtual) with 4, so as to get e.g. 4 hashing threads for quad-core(non-HT) setups, with a setting of 16(and e.g. 32 for quad-core with HT, as 8 total cores then). Extra threads unused usually should just waste little extra resources. The default I believe is 4(so one hashing core only), the setting is aio_threads I believe(don't have time to look up now, sorry), and can be configured through ltconfig plugin.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

@mhertz
Thanks for the response. Mine is set to 8 for a dual core 200GE. I would get 100% one core, and the other + ht would be 25/30%. Just set it to 12 just to see what happens.