Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mr.lite.touch
New User
New User

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by mr.lite.touch »

Cas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:18 am Just to add that I have released Deluge 2.1 with Windows builds, with default libtorrent 1.2.15 or optional 2.0.6

http://download.deluge-torrent.org/windows/
https site link: https://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/deluge/windows/
Nice! It works great. Happy to see an official Windows client again! :D
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

Cas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:18 am Just to add that I have released Deluge 2.1 with Windows builds, with default libtorrent 1.2.15 or optional 2.0.6

http://download.deluge-torrent.org/windows/
https site link: https://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/deluge/windows/
I only just realized that an official build had been released. Was having a smaller but annoying issue that i've just accepted over the past months, but finally wanted it fixed. And now i see there's an official build, wait what. That's awesome.
Question is, what is going to happen if we installer over the unofficial builds? Edit: Worked fine.
Last edited by idiocracy on Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

It will work, though will leave some useless redundant files in install-dir, but anyway I would recommend uninstall and then start fresh, as official installers doesn't fully clean/delete old install-dir before installing like mine did.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

mhertz wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:13 pm It will work, though will leave some useless redundant files in install-dir, but anyway I would recommend uninstall and then start fresh, as official installers doesn't fully clean/delete old install-dir before installing like mine did.
If you uninstall, it leaves the queue, settings etc. So a new install while being fresh, will just pick up where the old one left, right?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yes that's correct.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

mhertz wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:05 pm Yes that's correct.
Yeah, i should probably have done the clean install then. I'll do that on the next update.
mutageni
New User
New User

Post by mutageni »

@mhertz:
I was trying to download the link that was provided to download libtorrent-1.2.14. Unfortunately, the link is not working. Can you please upload it? Thanks a lot.

Mutageni
Win 11
Currently using QBit
Excited to use Deluge.
mhertz wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:37 pm Found your thread on libtorrent github, interesting read :) Anyway, I think you're using my build, and I don't patch setup.py and instead run b2 directly from my build-script as no advantage in using setup.py when knowing the needed commands/args and platform etc - I don't add the switch to disable IOCP, so i'd highly suspect it's enabled, but not sure what Arvid meant with the automatic build configuration specifically(setup.py maybe), that could fail, and I don't know how check for IOCP is enabled or not sorry, did search it up without success though.

I read Arvid stated it could be deducted possibly if debug symbols added to release build and that it would be interesting seeing your screenshoot's with debug-symbols enabled, so I built that for you, and you can ask Arvid again if he can interpret the results of a new test-run, if wanted. I hope it works on your end, as I just last night checked my build-scripts still works, as I hadent done that in a couple months and so I just wanted to check a last time if anything needing fixing before quitting this altogether and tagging my deluge2 windows github repos as "Archived" I.e "unmaintained", which I then did, but so anyway, this "debug-symbol release" libtorrent is for python3.9, which I think you have from your screenshoot, or else give me a shout if using the py3.8 "win7" version, or if there's any other incompatibilities as built from newer components. As this is a release build, then debug-symbols supplied in external pdb file. I don't know much about such honestly, but know it has path hardcoded inside, to said pdb file, but atleast for debuggers I read quickly that it also looks in same dir as binary - this is a pyd though, so I would probably try both have the pdb next to the pyd and also maybe copy the pdb to be inside the main folder where deluge.exe is, just in case.

libtorrent-1.2.14-release_w_debug-py3.9.zip

Edit: Sorry, backup 'libtorrent.pyd' from 'Lib\site-packages' of install-dir or just rename with '-bak' ending' and then extract and copy the two files into 'Lib\site-packages' and then also copy the pdb into main install-dir as stated, just in case. You can also take a copy of your install-folder and copy it into another place and exchange the files there and run test and delete afterwards, as the folder is made pretty portable by default, though reads same profile from %appdata% unless having installed with 'Portable install' enabled during install.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

That was 3 years ago and don't have that build anymore - Also, this thread is about outdated abandoned project no reason to be using now.

Why do you need libtorrent 1.2.14 specifically if I may ask.

Edit: ...and that file uploading host I used in older times have gotten back up recently so link actually now works. I won't bother check if works also for current official windows installer though(but presumably might, as both py3.9.x and is a static build)
mutageni
New User
New User

Post by mutageni »

Hello mhertz: Thank you for responding. I am using Qbittorrent version 4.3.9 which uses the same libtorrent 1.2.14 version. I actually wanted to check the performance of Deluge and Qbitorrent head to head. No worries if it is abnadoned. After testing all the available torrent clients for windows, I sort of settled at Qbittorrent which showed a best performance on the public torrents that I download. I was optimizing the Deluge 2.1.1 version using the built in libtorrent 1.2.15.0. This is my itconfig specifications. Any suggestions for optimizing the settings. I use Win 11, 8GB RAM, downloading into SSD (2TB) and using airvpn wireguard with port forwarding. The discussions in the Deliuge forum are very uyseful, thanks to you and other folks who are adding lot of knowledge to others.

{
"file": 1,
"format": 1
}{
"apply_on_start": true,
"settings": {
"active_dht_limit": 600,
"active_limit": 2000,
"active_seeds": 2000,
"active_tracker_limit": 2000,
"aio_threads": 8,
"allow_multiple_connections_per_ip": true,
"allowed_fast_set_size": 0,
"announce_to_all_tiers": true,
"announce_to_all_trackers": true,
"apply_ip_filter_to_trackers": false,
"cache_buffer_chunk_size": 128,
"cache_expiry": 30,
"cache_size": 65536,
"checking_mem_usage": 320,
"connection_speed": 500,
"connections_limit": 8000,
"dht_upload_rate_limit": 20000,
"enable_incoming_utp": false,
"enable_outgoing_utp": false,
"file_pool_size": 500,
"inactivity_timeout": 20,
"listen_queue_size": 3000,
"low_prio_disk": false,
"max_allowed_in_request_queue": 2000,
"max_failcount": 1,
"max_http_recv_buffer_size": 6291456,
"max_out_request_queue": 1500,
"max_queued_disk_bytes": 7340032,
"max_rejects": 10,
"mixed_mode_algorithm": 0,
"peer_timeout": 20,
"recv_socket_buffer_size": 1048576,
"request_timeout": 10,
"send_buffer_low_watermark": 1048576,
"send_buffer_watermark": 3145728,
"send_buffer_watermark_factor": 150,
"send_socket_buffer_size": 1048576,
"suggest_mode": 1,
"unchoke_slots_limit": 2000,
"use_disk_cache_pool": true,
"write_cache_line_size": 256
}
}
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yeah if same libtorrent version, and enabling mixed_mode_algorithm=0, announce_all_trackers/tiers and same cache settings, then I would guess be pretty comparable in performance, and then just having the extra benefit of more/full tunability compared to qbittorrent, plus rest pluses of-course I.e thinclient and plugins etc.

I'm not that good at libtorrent tuning to be honest, but yeah looks pretty good to me I.e looks mostly upstream high-performance-seed preset, with added multi-tracker support and disabled utp, often good with VPNs and even without net you a slight speed increase in my experience, but others can chime in please, if having more input for this thanks.