Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Bobby

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by Bobby »

Its great too see you back buddy :) Ill try the dev46 version, and please post evrytime you updatde, i keep my deluge on the latest dev i can :) I hope youre move and evrything went great :)
spookymulder84
New User
New User

Post by spookymulder84 »

Hi! I'm not so technically versed so sorry if my bug report is invalid. With an older version of Windows package of Deluge 2.0.3 RBB plugin works just fine
https://github.com/dredkin/deluge-rbb

But now that I have installed this new version, it just doesn't work... When I try to pick the destination with the plugin, it just shows me nothing to pick. It just doesn't work.

It's a Python3.8 version on both Windows client and Ubuntu server
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

Hey mhertz!

Thank you for keeping the builds up to date recently 8-)

I just want to add that support for Windows 7 was removed in Python 3.9, so I'm unable to run any of your builds. I know, I know, it's not supported, EOL etc.

Anyway, since you uploaded your installation routine on GitHub I fiddled around with it to get a version compiled with Python 3.8.7. libtorrent did work fine and currently I am waiting for the whole package to finish.

What I'm not sure about is, should I upload and share it here? I don't want to confuse everyone with just another build version.

Wish you all a good weekend and stay healthy!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for your post fmar, appreciate your kind words mate :)

Yeah, I had another user PM me many months ago, requesting win7 support, and hence I made the two other repo's, one for win7 which always grabs and uses latest 3.8.x, and one for x86 while at it anyway, but I haven't updated it since very long, so don't know if works still or not, but did when I left it atleast. I wrote wrongly previously that it needed updated to python 3.9.x, which was wrong obviously, as unsupported as you say, sorry, and just forgot. I'll check it out when have time and might make some updates if needed.

I highjacked this thread as seen, as people asked for support and petersasi was busy, but now that's he's back, then i'll not interfere with his maintainership, and so everyone, please tag me if want my input on something i.e. @mhertz, or just mention my name somewhere, as else will only read but not post here, to not interferre. Anyway, as per your question, then I think that is a good idea, as I think petersasi previously stated no interest in making win7 builds, if remember right, but as said, it's not up to me. Either ask him if he will host them, or if you should just post link here in his thread, and else, or if prerred, then I'd suggest making a new thread specifying deluge2 win7 builds, where you can control yourself everything i.e. updating first page etc, but up to you, and petersasi if asking him, of-course.

Good weekend and health to you too mate! :)

Edit: The win7 repo I just saw was win7-x86, didn't even remember lol, and so the other x86 repo I mentioned is not win7, but newer windows versions just in x86 mode. It's like that because the user requesting win7 support was on x86, and since I thought I could get away with one win7 repo so not need people request win7-x86 support later if repo was x64, and also as official deluge is a x86 app. Btw, gvsbuild don't support building gtk3 on x32 and needs x64, but can build for x32 however, meaning x32 users can use the finished builds but not build them themselves.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I have no idea why, but i am not able to open the gui, I have deleted the %appdata% folder from mhertz latest version, and switching back to peterassi's version, but now i am not able to open the gui interface, and i have no idea why ?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I said I would answer if tagging me or mentioning just my name, but for feature, if directed at me, then please ask directly. Not talking about you Bobby, as I don't think you asked me specifically even(and just referenced my installer build), but just saying for future reference @all.

Anyway, your issue is that pkg_resources from setuptools 53 breaks something for some, so I forced to use setuptools 52 in mine, until finding exactly what to patch out as culprit. Untill petersasi builds next release, then I'm guessing you can replace petersasi's lib/site-packages/pkg_resources folder out with mine, possibly even only the _init_.Py file is enough I dunno, as haven't tested as not affected so pretty hard to do in blind, plus not really messing with it nomore now when knowing petersasi is back :)

Edit: Sorry was another issue than I originally thought, as I got confused by bug-reports and thought it was for my builds, and so after changing one thing and asking for tests, which then reported working, then thought that was it, despite me not having said issue but nonetheless, though the older version compared wasen't mine I eventually got reported, hence not the issue afterall, and instead a certifi dir+file missing instead in other version. Anyway, Peter will release fixed version soon of his build.
Last edited by mhertz on Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I think ill wait for a patch, petersasi has been quick with fixes before, so i have no doubt that he will fix it asap, now that hes back. and thanks for replay tho
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Cool, and you're welcome mate :)

Btw, @all, if having issues and if petersasi maybe not been here for little while and you're needing help, then maybe post on his github the issue or PM him here so he gets mail notification - hope he doesn't mind that last part, though I'm guessing not :)
Kvothe
New User
New User

Post by Kvothe »

I just noticed that the build by @petersasi dated Feb 8, 2021, of Deluge 2.0.4 dev46 has been taken down. This is the version that I reported as failing above. It was located at the URL in the first post of this thread.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I think maby he saw there was a issues with it, and is working on a fix, remember he does all this work for free, so we can atleast show a bit of aprociation :)