Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by jeps »

mhertz wrote:Download this file and place it into 'INSTALL-LOCATION\Lib\encodings' : https://gofile.io/d/PiEsZV

Restart deluge and should work now. It was a case of missing codepage file for your defined/installed language of windows i.e. cp1254 in your case.

@petersasi

Probably a good idea to exclude from your cleanup, whole 'Lib\encodings' folder, in your next release.

Edit:

@all

If others having similar issue, then replace the folder: 'INSTALL-LOCATION\Lib\encodings', with this zipped version(unpacked), which includes all languages as per python default: https://gofile.io/d/jIqdyp
Sadly, my Deluge front-end on my Windows PC (Windows 10) refuses to start (initialize).
It sort of starts (the process is running) but no GUI.
It's probably something on my PC, since I am able to run Deluge on a VM (Windows 10), but how do I fix this issue / debug this issue?

I have tried uninstalling Deluge and deleting Deluge folder under %APPDATA% and then a fresh install, but no luck so far.
roirraWedorehT
New User
New User

Post by roirraWedorehT »

ajw107 wrote:I'm not sure if this will help with the people who have problems with Deluge not starting at all, but in the past when this has happened to me, in both Linux and Windows, I've had to:
  1. Make sure Deluge is fully stopped:
    1. Go to Task Manager (Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together)
    2. Go to the Details Tab
    3. In the Name Column Right Click deluge.exe (Should be sorted alphabetically)
    4. Left Click End Process Tree
  2. Delete the gtk3ui_state folder under %APPDATA%\deluge (and gtkui_state if it's there, but it shouldn't be)
  3. Restart Deluge
  4. If this doesn't work, try again, but also delete gtk3ui.conf , gtk3ui.conf.bak , gtkui.conf and gtkui.conf.bak (the last two may not exist)
N.B.
  • This will reset the Deluge UI, so you will have to re-select the columns you wish to view, etc. But because of this, it's a good fix if you accidently do something like turn on Pieces View or a column that is corrupt and crashes Deluge.
Thank you! This (including the "also delete" part) was necessary to get Deluge for Windows working for me. Thanks to @petersasi for making the Windows version available, and all the developers who making Deluge in the first place. Cheers!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

jeps wrote:
mhertz wrote:Download this file and place it into 'INSTALL-LOCATION\Lib\encodings' : https://gofile.io/d/PiEsZV

Restart deluge and should work now. It was a case of missing codepage file for your defined/installed language of windows i.e. cp1254 in your case.

@petersasi

Probably a good idea to exclude from your cleanup, whole 'Lib\encodings' folder, in your next release.

Edit:

@all

If others having similar issue, then replace the folder: 'INSTALL-LOCATION\Lib\encodings', with this zipped version(unpacked), which includes all languages as per python default: https://gofile.io/d/jIqdyp
Sadly, my Deluge front-end on my Windows PC (Windows 10) refuses to start (initialize).
It's probably something on my PC, since I am able to run Deluge on a VM (Windows 10), but how do I fix this issue / debug this issue?

I have tried uninstalling Deluge and deleting Deluge folder under %APPDATA% and then a fresh install, but no luck so far.
What is the python interpreter reporting for error when running python.exe from the installed folder? Has it worked before on that setup with a previous version, or never worked there(or never used there before)?

As i've stated before, there's a file that can be added(not talking about the encodings thing referenced above in quote), which further does some added isolation, but it should be pretty good isolated anyways so is usually not needed, and when is, then it should fail completely, and not have the process running anyways i'd presume, so sounds like some gtk thing, but not certain, but maybe we can get some clues from the python interpreter in above mentioned test.

Additionally if not giving anything, then you can try a deluge debug-log run.
dredkin
New User
New User

Post by dredkin »

jeps wrote: Sadly, my Deluge front-end on my Windows PC (Windows 10) refuses to start (initialize).
Go to deluge installation folder. run

Code: Select all

cmd
then start

deluge-debug.exe -L info
and attach the output here.
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

dredkin wrote:
jeps wrote: Sadly, my Deluge front-end on my Windows PC (Windows 10) refuses to start (initialize).
Go to deluge installation folder. run

cmd
then start

deluge-debug.exe -L info
and attach the output here.
Output looks like this:

C:\Program Files\Deluge>deluge-debug.exe -L info
21:04:16 [INFO ][deluge.ui.ui_entry:69 ] Deluge ui 2.0.3
21:04:16 [INFO ][deluge.i18n.util :102 ] Setting up translations from c:\program files\deluge\lib\site-packages\deluge\i18n
21:04:16 [INFO ][deluge.ui.ui :70 ] Deluge ui 2.0.3
21:04:16 [INFO ][deluge.ui.ui :72 ] Starting gtk ui..
21:04:17 [INFO ][deluge.i18n.util :102 ] Setting up translations from c:\program files\deluge\lib\site-packages\deluge\i18n
21:04:17 [WARNING ][deluge.config :410 ] Unable to open config file C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui.conf: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui.conf'
21:04:17 [INFO ][twisted :154 ] Factory starting on 39838
21:04:17 [INFO ][twisted :154 ] Factory starting on 39838
21:04:17 [INFO ][twisted :154 ] Starting factory <twisted.internet.protocol.Factory object at 0x0000017CA9959070>
21:04:17 [INFO ][twisted :154 ] Starting factory <twisted.internet.protocol.Factory object at 0x0000017CA9959070>
21:04:18 [INFO ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :69 ] Opening torrentview.state for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\torrentview.state
21:04:18 [WARNING ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\torrentview.state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui_state\\torrentview.state'
21:04:18 [INFO ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :69 ] Opening torrentview.state for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\torrentview.state.bak
21:04:18 [WARNING ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\torrentview.state.bak: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui_state\\torrentview.state.bak'
21:04:18 [INFO ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :69 ] Opening tabs.state for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\tabs.state
21:04:18 [WARNING ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\tabs.state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui_state\\tabs.state'
21:04:18 [INFO ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :69 ] Opening tabs.state for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\tabs.state.bak
21:04:18 [WARNING ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\tabs.state.bak: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui_state\\tabs.state.bak'
21:04:18 [INFO ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :69 ] Opening files_tab.state for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\files_tab.state
21:04:18 [WARNING ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\files_tab.state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui_state\\files_tab.state'
21:04:18 [INFO ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :69 ] Opening files_tab.state for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\files_tab.state.bak
21:04:18 [WARNING ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\files_tab.state.bak: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui_state\\files_tab.state.bak'
21:04:18 [INFO ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :69 ] Opening peers_tab.state for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\peers_tab.state
21:04:18 [WARNING ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\peers_tab.state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui_state\\peers_tab.state'
21:04:18 [INFO ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :69 ] Opening peers_tab.state for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\peers_tab.state.bak
21:04:18 [WARNING ][deluge.ui.gtk3.common :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui_state\peers_tab.state.bak: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui_state\\peers_tab.state.bak'
21:04:20 [WARNING ][deluge.config :410 ] Unable to open config file C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\hostlist.conf: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\hostlist.conf'
21:04:20 [WARNING ][deluge.config :475 ] Unable to open config file: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\hostlist.conf because: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\hostlist.conf'
21:04:20 [WARNING ][deluge.config :500 ] Unable to backup old config: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\hostlist.conf'

(deluge:10272): Gtk-WARNING **: 21:04:21.062: for_size smaller than min-size (0 < 15) while measuring gadget (node button, owner GtkSpinButton)

(deluge:10272): Gtk-WARNING **: 21:04:21.069: for_size smaller than min-size (0 < 15) while measuring gadget (node button, owner GtkSpinButton)

(deluge:10272): Gtk-WARNING **: 21:04:21.073: for_size smaller than min-size (0 < 15) while measuring gadget (node button, owner GtkSpinButton)

(deluge:10272): Gtk-WARNING **: 21:04:21.077: for_size smaller than min-size (0 < 15) while measuring gadget (node button, owner GtkSpinButton)

(deluge:10272): Gtk-WARNING **: 21:04:21.080: for_size smaller than min-size (0 < 15) while measuring gadget (node button, owner GtkSpinButton)
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.daemon :69 ] Deluge daemon 2.0.321:04:21 [WARNING ][deluge.core.core :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\session.state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\session.state'
21:04:21 [WARNING ][deluge.core.core :73 ] Unable to load C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\session.state.bak: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\session.state.bak'
21:04:21 [WARNING ][deluge.config :410 ] Unable to open config file C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\core.conf: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\core.conf'
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.alertmanager :69 ] Alert Queue Size set to 10000
21:04:21 [WARNING ][deluge.config :475 ] Unable to open config file: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\core.conf because: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\core.conf'
21:04:21 [WARNING ][deluge.config :500 ] Unable to backup old config: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\core.conf'
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.authmanager :69 ] Opening auth for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\auth
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.authmanager :69 ] Successfully loaded auth: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\auth
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.torrentmanager :69 ] Loading torrent state: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state\torrents.state
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.torrentmanager :69 ] Loading torrent state: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state\torrents.state.bak
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.torrentmanager :69 ] Opening torrents.fastresume for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state\torrents.fastresume
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.torrentmanager :69 ] Opening torrents.fastresume for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state\torrents.fastresume.bak
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.torrentmanager :69 ] Opening torrents.fastresume for load: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\torrents.fastresume
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.torrentmanager :69 ] Finished loading 0 torrents in 0:00:00.003000
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.torrentmanager :69 ] on_alert_external_ip: 89.239.195.42
21:04:21 [INFO ][deluge.core.torrentmanager :69 ] on_alert_external_ip: 89.239.195.42
21:04:26 [WARNING ][deluge.config :475 ] Unable to open config file: C:\Users\gp\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtk3ui.conf because: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui.conf'
21:04:26 [WARNING ][deluge.config :500 ] Unable to backup old config: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\gp\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge\\gtk3ui.conf'
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

Strange thing is, when running the command "deluge-debug.exe -L info" Deluge actually started and looked fully functional.
After shutting it down and restarting with the command again, it didn't start, it reports this:

C:\Program Files\Deluge>deluge-debug.exe -L info
21:10:35 [INFO ][deluge.ui.ui_entry:69 ] Deluge ui 2.0.3
21:10:35 [INFO ][deluge.i18n.util :102 ] Setting up translations from c:\program files\deluge\lib\site-packages\deluge\i18n
21:10:35 [INFO ][deluge.ui.ui :70 ] Deluge ui 2.0.3
21:10:35 [INFO ][deluge.ui.ui :72 ] Starting gtk ui..
21:10:36 [INFO ][deluge.i18n.util :102 ] Setting up translations from c:\program files\deluge\lib\site-packages\deluge\i18n
21:10:36 [INFO ][twisted :154 ] Starting factory <twisted.internet.protocol.ClientFactory object at 0x00000288011C4CD0>
21:10:36 [INFO ][twisted :154 ] Starting factory <twisted.internet.protocol.ClientFactory object at 0x00000288011C4CD0>
21:10:36 [INFO ][twisted :154 ] Stopping factory <twisted.internet.protocol.ClientFactory object at 0x00000288011C4CD0>
21:10:36 [INFO ][twisted :154 ] Stopping factory <twisted.internet.protocol.ClientFactory object at 0x00000288011C4CD0>

seems like a problem with Twisted, but what to do about it?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Unfortunetly I don't know what the issue is, or even where lies i.e. if it's an issue of deluge, GTK or other deps, but seemingly not python which I originally suspected.

Petersasi seems to be taking a break, hopefully he'll return, but to see if updated components hopefully would help jeps, and in petersasi's current absence, for now, and as a one-off so to speak, then I'll post a build with updated versions of GTK(3.24.24), libtorrent(1.2.11) and python(3.9.0) - your plugins need to be renamed to have 3.9 in name. It has the file added i've often talked about, for further isolation, and lastly the install is little bigger, because I use my own scripts, so no extra added cleanup which petersasi added to reduce size, or the RSS plugin included by default neither, or other changes of his. The folder contents looks alittle different because i've changed to using the embedded python zip distribution, which is intended to be included with a distributed python app(when not using freezing), so is slightly more "professional" than before - it's a minimal python environment isolated for the app included with it - still though not optimal i.e. the freezing method currently broken would still be preffered, but when that don't work, then next best thing.

deluge-2.0.3: https://paste.c-net.org/CraigPanting

deluge-2.0.4.dev38: https://paste.c-net.org/JessepBursting
Last edited by mhertz on Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

I have become a little bit wiser :-)
Right-Click on Deluge shortcut and "Run as Adminisstrator" works.

Somewhere on my PC (I guess) some permissions must be wrong.
On the other hand - it worked until recently and nothing has basically changed on my PC.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I forgot scudre had made a pull request on deluge's github, for fixing the execute plugin working again on windows.

Likewise forgot that petersasi in his updated scripts had changed the default build optimization of boost to build with speed as priority instead of size.

So I remade the installers and updated previous posted links. There where meanwhile a python update that got included also btw(3.9.1).

Last, I didn't include the patch petersasi made for fixing deluge-console on windows, because that patch hasen't helped in the last many of his updates anyways, because the alternative windows loader breaks it I've found, so deluge-console still doesn't work in my build either.

As said, this isn't going to be a regular thing by me, and lets hope petersasi will return soon again.

@jeps, Stange indeed - and it's the same in my build as with petersasi's?

Edit: @jeps - I just noticed that when running deluge.exe for first time, then windows pops up in the lower right-corner and states an administrator needs do a security check on a file or alike and goes away again after a couple seconds - it's from windows defender - this seems to sound related to what you're experiencing with regards to the needing to run as admin, although I don't need that personally, but regardless. I use latest win10 in my VM btw.

@all, Do others experience this aswell i.e. needing to run as admin, and is it something only in my installer?

Edit2: The message I got, was from a new windows security feature that check executable files in the cloud for malware patterns/signatures and pauses the running untill been cleared there, so hence why I only saw it a few seconds at the first run time. Here's an article if anyone's interested in that feature btw: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... -antivirus
Last edited by mhertz on Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

Here is some feedback:
It is the same with all builds, including the older ones you made.
The story about the Windows security feature is more likely to be the culprit.
I ran a Windows update just a few day ago including some new Windows optional features.

I am quite sure I don't get any (even short lived) popups about any elevated rights.
Deluge doesn't get to the point of initializing datafiles in %APPDATA% folder, probably related to the mentioned new Windows security feature.