Currently these installers are unofficial but considered stable for the last several months.
Please find the installers here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Yl7XuWYpVT I will update this initial post for every release, so you only need to scroll down to report a problem or ask a question.
Latest releases of Deluge Torrent 2.0.3 and 2.0.4dev38 for Windows happened on 18-Sep-2020 with fixed GTK build and refreshed MSVC.
Major improvements of the unofficial installer
- Selectable LibTorrent version (1.1.x, 1.2.x and 1.2.3)
- Selectable themes
- Selectable portable or normal install
- More up to date (more secure, more bug-fixed, more performant) Python, libtorrent etc. versions included
- Made deluge-console command line usable on Windows
- Made GeoIP working again
- Includes YaRSS2 plugin as well
- Legacy logging code in Deluge fixed
- Includes torrentmanager.py fix from @djlegolas to make sure tacker Errors are handles in compliance with LibTorrent 1.2.x
- Unicode handling fixes
Please take note of the dates of the files in the details view and the relevant changes in the README and pick the installer version you need! (older releases are in the Archives sub-folder)
Reasons being for being unofficial:
- this is still not made available by the deluge devs as the windows installer;
- since the packaging, although much improved lately, is still kind of make-shift;
- but the way it is built is uses the latest, appropriate tooling and components, is high quality;
- in fact using more modern components and additional fixes compared to the official release
- but many of us has ben using it "in production" for many months.
- I do tend to play fast and loose with trying out new things and testing is practically done by this community here.
- If you want to be safe from that, I suggest you just do not install the new releases immediately: stay one release behind and only upgrade if no one reports issues here in a week or two. All prior releases are available in the Archive folder!
- There are known issues (e.g. do not turn on the pieces bar) that are deluge-vs-GTK or other issues of deluge itself. Many of these are beyond my competence and are not installer issues, so we cannot do much about fixing them.
Any problem reports, Pull Requests, patches are appreciated!
My todo with the known issues can be found at the end of the README.