Can't activate plugins

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Aleron Ives
New User
New User

Can't activate plugins

Post by Aleron Ives »

Hi all, I'm using Deluge 1.3.15 on Windows 7, and I'm having trouble with plugins. Preferences -> Plugins -> Install Plugin works and adds the plugin to the list, and I can check the box next to the plugin name, but no plugin configuration options appear under the Categories list, and if I hit Apply or OK, the checkbox gets cleared again. Deluge 1.3.15 uses Python 2.7, and I'm using Python 2.7 egg files, so I don't think it's a Python version mismatch. So far the Pieces, Ratio, and Toggle plugins all have the same problem. What am I doing wrong?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Can't activate plugins

Post by shamael »

Hi,

remote installation with GTK client on Windows or full windows installation?
Aleron Ives
New User
New User

Post by Aleron Ives »

I used the installer linked on the download page to do a full install with classic mode:

https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/deluge/windo ... -py2.7.exe

I already have GTK installed on my system since I use Pidgin. Is it possibly conflicting with the GTK that comes with Deluge? The Deluge installer didn't ask whether I wanted to install GTK or not, but it does seem to have created some DLLs under lib\gtk-2.0\2.10.0\engines in the main Deluge folder.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Deluge embeds own gtk so shouldn't be an issue I believe with that. Anyway, restart deluge, double-check correct match of deluge and plugins python version, and sometimes it can be better to manually install them I.e move them to the deluge profile folder's plugins folder('%appdata%\deluge\plugins'). Lastly, start deluge with enabled debug-logging and go into preferences and try enable the plugins and apply/OK and quit deluge again. Post log-snippet here afterwards if need help interpreting it.

Quit deluge if open, copy line underneath and then press 'win+r' > 'ctrl+v' > 'return'. Debug log saved on desktop afterwards running above mentioned test-case and quiting deluge again.

Code: Select all

"%programfiles(86)%\Deluge\deluge" -L debug -l %desktop%\deluge.log
Aleron Ives
New User
New User

Post by Aleron Ives »

Aha! I created a log as you suggested, and I was able to determine the problem from the output. It was throwing warnings about plugins that didn't exist, which I traced to my naming convention. I renamed the egg files when I downloaded them, and the name of the egg must match the plugin's internal name when you install the egg or copy it into the plugins folder, or Deluge gets confused. I restored the eggs' official names and copied them into the plugins folder, and now the tickboxes stay checked. Thanks!

In the spirit of collaboration, I made an updated egg for the Ratio plugin. :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Good catch, you're welcome and nice touch posting updated plugin :)