Issues Adding Torrent

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ICMC
New User
New User

Issues Adding Torrent

Post by ICMC »

Hey guys, I am looking to add some of the torrents that I had previously got through other clients

But...

When I try to add them, It tries to download the files again.

Steps I am taking:

1 - Add the torrent file
2 - Point the client at the save location of the data
3 - done...??

I am adding the torrent in the paused state and TRYING to re-check it but, the re-check is not working or, I am missing something...

It is showing up as having downloaded 0% after adding the torrent using the above method... I imaging the re-check SHOULD allow the system to check the data matches, right??

But... it doesn't do anything.

If I unpause the torrent, it IMMEDIATELY begins downloading again...

Please help me...
ICMC
New User
New User

Re: Issues Adding Torrent

Post by ICMC »

Is the issue that the torrent I am trying to add in, is saved under one folder but, Deluge is seemingly forcing me to re-download and put it under the "default" folder??

For instance,

I am trying to add S03 of a show, it is saved on my disc, in a folder called, S03.

Deluge is trying to add it under a folder with the default folder name as opposed to trying to see the data I have there already??

Default setting being that, It creates a folder with any and all download??

How do I turn that off or, if I want it in a folder, a folder that I can designate?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Issues Adding Torrent

Post by shamael »

Hi,

The .torrent contains the path of file and folders and Deluge expect to have thm in its default download folder, this is a normal behaviour as none told it to look elsewhere. To succeed in your process add the .torrent in pause state and use the move storage option (right click the torrent in Deluge) to point it to the correct location. Each file need to be in the location stated in the Detail tab of the torrent to avoid a download. Once done make a recheck of the torrent(right click the torrent in Deluge) and you can then put the torrent in normal state again (resume) if all is green.

Remember to resume the torrent only when the recheck is done and the torrent in a normal displayed status in Deluge. This way no hurt can occur.