What Pinholes To Put In Firewall For Deluge?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Paralel

What Pinholes To Put In Firewall For Deluge?

Post by Paralel »

I've tried putting pinholes in my firewall for the various executables involved in running Deluge, to no avail. Program gets up and running, but I can't seem to get above single digit Kibibytes per second and maybe one or two connections. I must be missing something.

I've tried putting in pinholes for PythonW.exe, Deluge.exe, no luck, I tried adding in svchost.exe, & NTOSKrnl.exe, since some programs seem to need those involving kernel access, but that didn't work either.

What pinholes for which files are usually needed for Deluge on Windows to work correctly?
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Re: What Pinholes To Put In Firewall For Deluge?

Post by fmar »

Hi Paralel

I assume you use the windows installer for version 2.0 from mhertz? Depending on the applicaiton mode Deluge is running in you should open the firewall for the child process pythonw.exe of deluge.exe for "Standalone". And for the child process pythonw.exe of deluged.exe if you are using the "Thin Client" mode.

The Deluge processes of thin client mode look like this:

Also make sure that the port Deluge is using is opened. You can check that in Preferences / Network / Test Active Port.

As far as I know Deluge doesn't require access to svchost.exe or ntoskrnl.exe, so you could savely remove those exceptions.

Cheers
xblliss
New User
New User

Re: What Pinholes To Put In Firewall For Deluge?

Post by xblliss »

Were you able to resolve this?