deluge-2.0.3 CPU Pinned, WebUI unconnectable

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Sachiel
New User
New User

deluge-2.0.3 CPU Pinned, WebUI unconnectable

Post by Sachiel »

I installed 2.0.3 using the installer on my Windows Server 2012 R2 seeding box.

I have the ltconfig (high performance seed pre-set), webui, and label plugins enabled.

I upgraded to 2.0.3 this morning and while it was briefly usable the window became unresponsive for several hours.

I started deluged hoping this was perhaps a UI issue, but my pythonw.exe process has a single core pinned at max usage. When deluged first started I was able to connect via the WebUI, but soon thereafter I was disconnected and could not reconnect. radarr/sonarr also can no longer connect.

I only have about 2600 seeding torrents.

Is there any configuration that I need to do or logs I can review that would resolve or point to the issue here?

The deluged.log does not contain any messages even when running deluged-debug.exe

Restarting deluged allows me to reconnect to the webui. It appears that listing the torrents causes this high CPU usage to occur.
mhertz

Re: deluge-2.0.3 CPU Pinned, WebUI unconnectable

Post by mhertz »

Sorry to hear that. I read on reddit once that a user stated that deluge2 was better than deluge1 but we shouldn't expect miracles and that it was still bad for him with 2000 torrents. Of course this also compares to your computer power + the ltconfig high-performance preset is also demanding computer-power-wise especially with so many torrents. I'm affraid I don't have much helpful to suggest unfortuently, except possibly trying to use another libtorrent version from the installer and see if helps, but probably not gonna change much as probably is a deluge and not libtorrent issue, but you never know. You can try latest dev release installer instead of stable-deluge, but I don't remember any specific performance related fixes, but I might be wrong and wouldn't hurt atleast. Lastly, try running with debug-log, so we can see the error when the daemon crashes and can submit propper bug-ticket. Ohh, check also without ltconfig to see if that's related, and if is, then you atleast need tweaking downwards some of the options or disable some of them.
To enable debug-logging for deluge, then copy the following and press: win+r > ctrl+v > return. The log(deluge.log) is saved to your desktop when quiting deluge again and is overwritten on each run also.

Code: Select all

"%programfiles%\Deluge\deluge.exe" -L debug -l "%userprofile%\Desktop\deluge.log"
(Change path if needed. Also, do the same as before posted just with deluged instead of deluge if using thin-client, and change log-name to not collide - you can make or edit shortcuts with this also instead.)