PS Dark Theme for Deluge 1.x GTK2

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
bills
New User
New User

PS Dark Theme for Deluge 1.x GTK2

Post by bills »

I created this beautiful dark theme to match the Adobe Photoshop 2020 dark grey color scheme. It has blue 3D progress bars and radio buttons. I spent a lot of time cleaning up and perfecting the code, making sure that every interface element was correctly set. Enjoy!
DelugeStartPSDark.zip
(110.73 KiB) Downloaded 779 times

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Unzip and place the entire downloaded DelugeStartPSDark folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\share\themes
2. You will see Deluge's original "DelugeStart" theme already in this folder... do not delete it, in case you want to revert to the original theme
3. Change the top line of gtkrc file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\etc\gtk-2.0 from gtk-theme-name = "DelugeStart" to gtk-theme-name = "DelugeStartPSDark" (you can use a simple text editor, run as administrator)
4. If you want the Deluge header to match the rest of the grey interface, then change your personalized system colour to: #535353
5. Re-start Deluge... Enjoy!
Last edited by bills on Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.
mhertz

Re: Deluge 2.0 - PS Dark Theme (FREE)

Post by mhertz »

Looks beautiful indeed, good job sir :)

Anyway, I just wanted to suggest changing your thread-title to reflect its version 2.0 of your deluge (1.x) theme, to avoid confusion(e.g just move the '2.0' part to after your theme name, instead of as now where it's after 'deluge'), as deluge 2.0.x isn't released officially yet on windows and if using the manual install instructions to install it yourself then this theme won't work as switched from GTK2 to GTK3 now.

Not my buisness of course and just a friendly thought. Good job again and thanks for making/sharing.
bills
New User
New User

Re: Deluge 2.0 - PS Dark Theme (FREE)

Post by bills »

mhertz wrote:... I just wanted to suggest changing your thread-title to reflect its version 2.0 of your deluge (1.x) theme, to avoid confusion...
Good catch. I appreciate it, thank you. [CORRECTED] ;)
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: PS Dark Theme for Deluge 1.x GTK2

Post by shamael »

Thx for the efforts you put on it, looks great!!