*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Bobby

Re: [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Post by Bobby »

Thanks petersasi i just installed the new build and it works great, keep up the good work i really aproiciate it.
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

Hi MHerz,

Thanks for the research! I know it's not your maintainership but seems luckily still your hobby. ;)
1. I still have your old scripts stashed away somewhere, please let me know if you need me to send them back! :)
2. As you maybe have seen I have been working on externalizing python install and setup into a single utility script, this way improving that can be done in one script instead six (gvsbuild, 3x deluge, 2x libtorrent). I wanted to check and not reinstall python and pip if installed and working. :ugeek:
3. Not needing to build as admin (except deluge build in C:\program files) is a nice bonus so I would consider using a portable / nugget python if you would please share the updated scripts (I think I can dig out the relevant parts).
4. Are there nuggets getting updated same as the official python installer?
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

Thanks, good to hear more to come (bundling the patched autoremoveplus too) :D
Bobby wrote:Thanks petersasi i just installed the new build and it works great, keep up the good work i really aproiciate it.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@petersasi,

Here's my updated scripts to look through some time if wanted.

First, there's a portable.zip file that should be moved to C:\deluge2 and extracted therein with 7-zip and select yes to all to overwrite old files. This adds some changed things, in stuff you haven't changed, so no issues with that on your end. Please backup anyway, regardless. (For openssl, to avoid needing admin-rights, I started with changing to using alternative msi installer and doing msiexec /a extraction on it, but since extracts into additional payload exe with the actual install files, then resorted to the opensource inno-setup cli unpacker tool instead)

Then theres the rest of changed scripts in changed.zip.

Build-menu.cmd, I only deleted the line that auto-raises UAC prompt, as no script needs admin rights anymore, except install/uninstall-compoenents.cmd.

Install-components.cmd I changed the openssl install to instead call openssl-build\openssl.cmd, and changed uninstall_components.cmd to not uninstall openssl anymore, but just delete folder.

As per my deluge build-scripts, then you should remember delete the line installing future with pip.exe(saves a little space with only using 'past' module of future, which is also only relevant part for py3 anyway, which I included previously from portable.zip into overlay\lib\site-packages folder, and so I didn't need to hunt down actual module path needed to hardcode sys.path for install to not error out, which now is needed because running fully isolated). Also, delete the part that uses git to clone deluge repo and build plugins, as not needed anymore, as was a deluge bug happening previously because of installing in path with space in. It's important to remember the line that gets the version now, since not using git nomore i.e. the 'dir /b' on deluge folder.

I updated the libtorrent 1.2.x script to newest boost 1.74 also, which builds fine.

That should be it. Personally I wouldn't bother myself check if python is installed or newest, when now not installing and goes quick, but you could just check 'C:\python\python.exe --version' if EQ or NEQ %var2% or whatever variable name that holds latest python and proceed accordingly. Also because I want a fresh python e.g. for the deluge builds, and not one with unneeded packages already installed etc. Note, I used nuget python for the other stuff and embedded zip for deluge, as the other stuff had extra requirements than embedded zip included by default. Yes to your previous question about nuget getting updates regularly like official python. If wanting the pyds away from main dir in built deluge's, then that's easy, just give me a shout, though as I stated before, I kept them there since mimics an official freezed installer better, as likewise seen in deluge v1.3.15.

https://gofile.io/d/uJPR75
https://gofile.io/d/bKS8m8

Edit: I might as well also change NSIS to be a portable component on host system also, so now should only be msvc-build-tools needing install, but haven't looked into if possible extracting/running-portable with that. Anyway, I changed the uninstall-components.cmd, to instead just do 'rd /s /q C:\nsis'(doubled just in case). Then the scripts under installer-build, I changed the makensis path, to instead 'C:\nsis\makensis'. Finally, I changed install_components.cmd, with instead the following: (Could have used more effecient/fewer lines, but was lazy and just changed original lines to new ones):

Code: Select all

cd "%~dp0"
curl -LO https://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/nsis/nsis-3.06.1-setup.exe
"%programfiles%\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -oC:\nsis -x!$PLUGINSDIR\* nsis-3.06.1-setup.exe
curl.exe -kO https://nsis.sourceforge.io/mediawiki/images/1/18/NsProcess.zip
"%programfiles%\7-Zip\7z.exe" x NsProcess.zip -onsprocess
move nsprocess\Plugin\nsProcessW.dll C:\nsis\Plugins\x86-unicode\nsProcess.dll
move nsprocess\Include\nsProcess.nsh C:\nsis\Include
curl.exe -k https://git.landicorp.com/electron-downloadtool/electron-downloadtool/-/raw/5da62a7d62329bd9afe7a1bfda3f759d6bc04c80/node_modules/electron-builder/templates/nsis/include/StrContains.nsh > C:\nsis\Include\strContains.nsh
del nsis-3.06.1-setup.exe NsProcess.zip
rd /s /q nsprocess
rd /s /q nsprocess
(I still btw, have been to lazy to exchange my 7z.exe lines away from my own personal 7-Zip install and instead into using a portable recent 7za.exe in deluge2 folder, or your solution with p7zip from msys2. On that note, if doing this with the msys2 p7zip, then initial msys2 can be "installed" without 7z support, with exchanging it's "install-part" in install_components.cmd with this here instead:

Code: Select all

curl -LO https://github.com/msys2/msys2-installer/releases/download/nightly-x86_64/msys2-base-x86_64-latest.sfx.exe
msys2-base-x86_64-latest.sfx.exe
move msys64 C:\
del msys2-base-x86_64-latest.sfx.exe
)
Last edited by mhertz on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

Hi petersasi and mhertz,

Thanks very much for all the work

arvidn is very committed to libtorrent, pertesai i will wait for a new release from you, thank you for everything you are magnificent

libtorrent-1.2.9
@arvidn arvidn released this 14 hours ago

1.2.9 released

add macro TORRENT_CXX11_ABI for clients building with C++14 against
libtorrent build with C++11
refreshed m4 scripts for autotools
removed deprecated wstring overloads on non-windows systems
drop dependency on Unicode's ConvertUTF code (which had a license
incompatible with Debian)
fix bugs exposed on big-endian systems
fix detection of hard-links not being supported by filesystem
fixed resume data regression for seeds with prio 0 files
silekonn

Post by silekonn »

Great job. Any idea if you will be able to re-add the 'Active' state? It is easier to track which are using bandwidth there. Keep up the good work.
bengalih

Post by bengalih »

@Mherz & @petersai

Might I strongly suggest that petersai starts up a new thread on this installer that he is now maintaining and that mherz updates the first point to post there. If you guys need to continue communicating about hand-off issues it can be done here, but it is difficult to follow the progress of the methodology of the new installer by combing through back pages of this thread.

petersai should introduce his new installer in a new thread and discuss what differs from the older method, discuss upgrade process (for newer release versions, etc).

this is going to make it much easier for the community to follow along.
As for me, I have installed mherz's version on a relative's PC and am finally going to take the plunge with petersai's latest 2.0.3 release right now to upgrade my existing client/server setup. Hopefully if I have issues I can come back to a new thread focusing solely on peter's efforts.

And, as always, a big thanks to both of you for your work.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yes I agree that is what makes most sense to me also, but up to petersasi of-course. In mean-time, as written on first post, 'readme.md' on the download site is kept up-to-date with latest changes so no need to read through the whole big thread to catch up. Also, I myself have also updated first post whenever important stuff happened previously, e.g. change to py3.8.x which needed renaming your plugins etc(and just general OCD issues, lol as board-software states first post "edited 130 times in total" :) ). Lastly, I promise not to spam this topic anymore, unless petersasi or someone asks me about something specifically, like you did here with the @mhertz part ;)
Last edited by mhertz on Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bengalih

Post by bengalih »

I'm having a problem with the GUI retaining any display settings.
For instance if I change the column widths or pull the lower window with the status/details etc higher up, when I restart the client all those settings are gone.
Also, is there a way to get those status/detail/files tabs back on the top instead of the side like in 1.x?
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I have same issue bengalih, but i thougt that was just a windows thing, so i havent really been thinking about it that much.