Sorry petersasi, just quickly wanted to say a slight warning to people I just found. I wanted to quickly test if deluge was too affected by an issue I just saw at a family members PC using qbittorrent on windows, after checking that it didn't happen on linux.
Anyway, I noticed that if using a VPN and not having it bound to an interface, then with libtorrent 1.2.6 and ipmagnet
, then it reported both my VPN's IP and then also my real IP. I checked in linux on my own deluge install and libtorrent 1.2.7 and there it doesn't happen(I disabled my namespace tun0 lockdown setup for the test, as else wouldn't see it regardless). The family member PC using qbittorrent had libtorrent 1.2.6 included(latest windows v4.2.5 installer), and only got fixed if binding to TAP interface of VPN in settings(which usually is done anyways, but regardless).
It have been reported before at times with earlier libtorrents between 1.2.3+ and up, and when reported then once stated that if e.g. checking the swarm from another PC on another network, then the VPN IP is showing activity(up/down-loading) under 'peers' tab, but the real IP shows no activity, which is nice, but is still listed there, which I would personally not want my real IP to be sent to trackers and shared with the swarm, regardless off it not showing any activity. Granted it can very well be that you will not get into trouble this way, because of the no activity, so maybe you will not be "logged", but personally I wouldn't take the chance.
Note, this isn't a deluge issue(or qbittorrent) i'm pretty sure, and is a libtorrent issue, seemingly happening on windows only, when not binding your IP, on versions above 1.2.3.
It's probably that multi-homed thing again making this be possible, so I would myself in that situation use libtorrent 1.2.3 or latest 1.1.x from the installers(sorry, didn't check latest 1.1.x, but pretty sure not affected by this, as no multi-homed support. I only tested 1.2.7, 1.2.6 and 1.2.3 on windows, and 1.2.7 on linux, and then didn't wanna bother anymore with it, sorry. As said, i'm not affected as on linux, plus wouldn't be regardless as using namespace tun0 lockdown which negates this ever being a possibility).
Just a FYI(/PSA?) to people reading/using this with a VPN and not binding it's interface in deluge. I know binding works(fixes this) only from qbittorrent, and quickly testing binding outgoing interface to tap device name or IP of deluge didn't change anything, but don't know if I did it wrong as only a quick test, and didn't check/debug fully, and so just tested ipmagnet twice extra, one with adding tap interface name to outgoing interface option, and one with instead adding assigned local IP of tap interface. I should just in case also have configured the incoming binding setting, but didn't at the time. Actually also did extra test with public IP of tap interface as outgoing interface bind, which I'm guessing is wrong, but just in case, and without luck.
Btw, afterwards tested out deluge-console on windows after petersasi's nice fixes, as curious, and all I tested from command-line worked i.e. adding, removing, checking, moving, pause/resume, checking/changing config options, list/enable/disable plugins, etc, so awesome! Globbing is now supported, either for torrent name or ID, which makes it much convenient when wanting to filter a loaded torrrent for manipulation(and even better than the previous and already nice "begins-with" functionality), e.g ipMagnet torrent can be filtered through e.g. *M*, or i* etc in e.g. info, rm, pause/resume commands etc. Also, "info -v" is more verbose, e.g. showing tracker name/status etc, missing normally from 'info' in deluge2 consoleUI. Starting interactive mode didn't show errors for me, but neither worked as stated, and couldn't connect to daemon or press any keys/commands, but that never worked neither in deluge1 with it's older version of console UI and also only supported command-line access, i'm guessing because of missing curses on windows, and the curses dependency in rewritten console UI of deluge2 even in command-line mode, I'm guessing is a bug/oversight, as curses isn't used non-interactively as far as I'm aware.