*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
eddycatboy

Re: [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer [Unmaintained/unsupported]

Post by eddycatboy »

Does anyone still have deluge-2.0.4.dev36? the newer dev37 one with the mantis dark theme isn't working at all.
The gui (if you're lucky) works normally for a few seconds, untill the gui freeze and you can't move it at all.
And it will a. make it so you can can only click on the side bars, b. you can click on the main part of gui with the torrents or c. if you want to click on the top screen with the up button, you can, but then it will only click on the up button.
You can't even move the gui/screen without python crashing if it freezes.
Right now i'm stuck in the ''all'' side bar and the only thing i can do now with the gui is click on the main part (b) and right click with queue and click on top or up to get torrents off of the queue, to download.
Downloading still works at least.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I restored deluge-2.0.4.dev36 from onedrive version-control(well, trash-can in this case here, as name changed), and so is available now from main link, as alternative to newest deluge-dev installer.

I just checked and couldn't reproduce here, with no discernable differences between the two editions. I checked with mantis-dark theme and with and without CSD=0 enabled.

There was like file-name suggest(last number represents amount of commits released after master branch i.e. last stable version), only a single commit's difference from deluge's develop branch, between these two editions, and I included in the newest, the PR by djlegolas to fix the tracker-error-displaying behaviour of libtorrent 1.2.3+, but none of these small changes, should have such effect as you describe imho.

However, I did in newest edition, upgrade gtk3 from previous(3.24.18) to newest(3.24.20, which was released just after 3.24.19) version, which seemingly for you is problematic, though as said, I personally see no difference, and the update was also very small with regards to windows changes, and where deluge only uses a small subset of which. Libtorrent was updated too, and I think I re-added tobbez's pixbuff patch, and possibly openssl update, cannot remember fully, and python wasen't updated, though this much sounds like the gtk3 update somehow affects you for unknown reason.

I'll leave that older edition up as alternative for anyone affected. As said, i've quit this project here, so will not rebuild new gtk3 and see if fixes it, and is also little hard to debug when not beeing able to reproduce yourself either, but regardless ;) Anyway, as said, i'm in the process of fixing up everything to hand over to petersasi which kindly voluntered to build and provide these installers, so you can ask him if he will kindly build a new gtk3/release when i'm finished with these scripts - i'm almost done, but will need test them all to see if works with the new folder-structure and changed out tools used etc and that I didn't introduce new problems/typo's etc. Note, there have been no gtk3 update I believe, since 3.24.20, which allready is included in newest, but I changed to using GTK-3_24 branch instead of releaste tags, some time ago, so there should be several new commits applied when running the gtk3 build-script(haven't looked at them though), and hopefully it hasen't stopped building, and needs patching this time, though using said branch usually takes care of this, I found(if not imidiately, then a day or two after usually, where commit(s) fixing the issue gets merged into branch), hence the change.
eddycatboy

Post by eddycatboy »

Thank you for taking you're time.
I'll try to used it later.
But gui seem to be a thing that happening within my os looking into it, since there other program like the nox emu and Malwarebytes that has the problem as well.
but thanks for remove it from the trash can, i'm going to need it later
Last edited by eddycatboy on Sat May 23, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome :) Hope it helps your issue or you get nailed down/resolved the underlaying cause somehow, since as you say, happening in other apps to. Hard to troubleshoot though, I understand, e.g. updates, drivers, antivirus etc etc.

Btw, that nox emu, i'm not sure, but remember once that one of these android emulators would seriously F up the whole system/other apps, when run, or even having processes of it running in background, as I once was asked for support from a family member because of such, and tried different ones, some better than others, but seemed common to lag everything up, though not a powerfull PC either but still, and even though resources weren't used up. I tried all kinds of tips found online, e.g. hardware virtualization on/off, switching up various other settings and change between driver versions etc, without real success of anything, and ended up simply removing the android emulator, as it wasen't important really anyhow I was told.
Last edited by mhertz on Thu May 21, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddycatboy

Post by eddycatboy »

Meh, there's guides to removed the bloatware on github, and dev's care a litle bit about the people who use it.
And i know it's from the os, since i couldn't type or click on anything when i started up my computer (so don't worry about it), i just thought it was a werid bug when i rebooted with everything being fine after that, and with the rest of gui errors being just the progams acting up, but that wasn't case so far, sadly.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

(Wrote this earlier today in vim during another test-run and copy/pasted here, so looks little strange with line endings etc. for some reason)

@petersasi,

I've finished with changing the scripts to be more generic, but as you said you had curl(new win10 built-in) and 7z, then I used those and didn't download them also.

I've made an install_components.cmd and uninstall-components.cmd, where you
run the first initially to set things up, and the second is just for if
wanting to clean everything away again later when official installer emerges. Note, righclick and install as admin for both.

It doesn't check if you have something in advance, and so will install NSIS,
msys2, openssl and VC-buildtools-2019, and remove all of these again if
running the uninstall script, so keep that in mind. Also, i delete the left
over VC-buildtools folder which isn't deleted by uninstaller, so if you have other MSVC's installed, then they would get removed, so please keep that in mind, and let me know if I need change something for that then.

Also, the building scripts installs and uninstalls python often, so if you have python already installed, then will be wiped, so again let me know if you need changes made for that. It would be better to make it to have a python always installed, and buildscripts just branch off a venv, unless a python update released and only then uninstall python and download/install the new, but I was lazy so just for each job needing python, I start fresh and the scripts downloads/installs newest python and removes it after job finished, so always have newest.

I don't have a single buildscript, as not make sence in this project here, e.g. if one or two updates made to
deluge dev branch and no other components, and wanting to update installer for that, then it would take 1 hour roughly to build full gtk3 stack and libtorrent and whatnot, in addition to deluge with the two updates, so I have individual buildscripts for: libtorrent 1.1.x, libtorrent 1.2.x, gtk3-stack, deluge-dev, deluge-stable, installer for dev, installer for stable and installer for both dev and stable.

Folders with '-build' in name, are the folder you go into, to build a
component, and other folders are for storing things needed, e.g. for building
installers etc. buildscripts are files ending in cmd, and you always fire off
a script by rightclicking it and select run as admin, as need that for
installing python etc. The only things not need to run by admin, but dosen't matter if still do of-course, is the installer buildscripts.

The installers are defined to be made into your onedrive folder, in a
'Deluge2' folder there, as that is what I did for ease of uploading. It finds
your onedrive dir by using the %onedrive% variable. If you make such a
'Deluge2' folder into your %onedrive% folder, and rightclick that folder and
select share and copy the produced sharing link to a text-file or whatever for
backup, and then posts in your new thread for unofficial deluge 2.0.x
installers, and let this thread here die out and I'll link to your thread from it instead, or you're more than welcome to take over this thread here if wanting that instead. Absolutelly your choise.

If you don't want the onedrive solution and want another upload system, then
you need change BUILD_DIR in line 27 of
'C:\deluge2\nsis\packaging\win32\deluge-installer.nsis', to where you else
want the built installers to be built/stored.

When building deluge-stable, and deluge-dev, then the folder with the built
end-product is stored in C:\deluge2 folder, and when building installers, then
they are built from that + other components in other folders e.g. libtorrent
and theme folders. When building libtorrents, then they are moved afterwards
to libtorrent folder, overlay folder and also overwrites old versions in the
deluge built folders. When building gtk3-stack, then result is moved to
overlay folder + overwrites old version in deluge built folders. Overlay folder
is for things like gtk3stack and libtorrent and other needed stuff, which the
deluge building scripts copies over to deluge built folders when finished, so
have gtk3 and libtorrent etc in place.

I know this is probably very confusing, but hard to write to be easily
understood, atleast for me, so please do ask away if you got questions to something.

Again, please remember the part about installing/wiping msvc, nsis, openssl,
python and msys2. I had to spend alot of time fixing up various problems with the changing of folders and tools, so honestly didn't cared to make changes for these last things if not needed anyways i.e. if you don't have these things anyway installed on your windows system. If you do, then as said, let me know what you have of these, and i'll find how to make exceptions somehow.

Oh, lastly, all scripts are made "lazy" which is my style usually, lol. I
don't wanna make a check for if a file or folder is there and if there, then
delete it, and instead simply make a delete command for said file or folder,
and if there, then gets deleted and if not, then just produces a message about
file/folder not found and move on, simply. As this was made for me, then I
kept it like that throughout, and have not had time to fix these things up now
to be "prettier", so whenever seeing something about file/folder not found, or
alike, then not an actual error, and can be fully disregarded.

https://gofile.io/d/lyt0jx

Exctract into your C drive, and everything will be in deluge2 folder there. I
deleted to save space the two built deluge folders in there, as is already in
the two installers in my onedrive link anyway, and so remember you cannot
build any of the installers before building deluge(s) first, as the
installer-build scripts build installers from these deluge folder(s). There is
included new and up2date as of today, prebuilt gtk3-stack and libtorrents, so you don't need build those
unless wanting too, so to make installers for stable and dev, you would first
need run the stable and dev deluge buildscripts and then afterwards run the
installer buildscripts i.e. installer-both.cmd, as you want both(in this
case). There is one commit in deluge-dev branch which I haven't
included/rebuilt btw, I believe, as came after I stopped. Then after deluge(s) are built, so two folders with deluge available now under C:/deluge2, then e.g at a later time further down the road, where no deluge updates available but instead libtorrent and/or gtk3 is updated and you want to provide that, then no reason to rebuild deluge(s) as already built and up2date, and so you just fire off libtorrent and/or gtk3 buildscripts(right click and run as admin) and then when finished the result is also copied into pre-built deluge(s) if available, and so afterwards you fire off installer buildscript(s) to rebuild installer(s) from updated deluge folder(s). Sorry, know not grammatically correct at times/places, but please disregard these mistakes and hope the intent is somewhat clear regardless. Just to reiterate, if wanting update deluge, then afterwards running deluge buildscript(s), then you don't need run gtk3 or libtorrent scripts if not wanting to specifically update those, since the contents of overlay folder is copied into built deluge folders by deluge build scripts, so has gtk3 and libtorrent available, in the versions available from your last run of there build-script.

Btw, After my last trialrun, I saw an error, and that was because I had
previously doubled up my 'rd /s /q foobar' lines, as found that posted as workaround
for an issue I once noticed along time ago, but I thought it was fixed now and
so removed those double command-lines repeated after eachother but after
getting that error again in one of the commands, then I doubled that up
everywhere possibly needed, which will give file or dir not found in output
during building, but again not an issue, and was just the easiest workaround
for the old issue, which also is on powershell and dotnet delete commands, and is old reported though still unresolved bug with
file deletions and async not implemented propperly for that on windows yet and
so timing issues can occure, leading to still left folder behind and not
getting fully deleted(they are working on fixing async issue currently though, they said, but not finished yet). Just so you don't think i'm crazy, if looking through
the various scripts. There are other semantics too, which was needed specifically, but no need to confuse you with that, as unneeded info.

I used to monitor these for changes:

https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/?h=develop
https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/releases (check if number of commits since release for 1.2.x and 1.1.x has gone up since last check, and click on it if need more info / 1 page to check instead of two)
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/gtk+/3.24/ (check: "Latest-is-x.x.x" - didn't bother anymore to check git log of commits since release, though is included when building)
https://www.python.org/ (check "Latest: Python x.x.x" )

Edit: Changed download link to the new fixed version, as per described in next post.
Last edited by mhertz on Mon May 25, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@petersasi

FFS, please forgive me, I screwed up I see, damn... :)

After testing every build-script several times, then just before packing it up and posting link here, I decided to make a quick change with the installer build-scripts, where I moved them out of main folder and into it's own *-build folder, to be consistent with rest of build-scripts/folders, as those where the only ones in main dir and not in there own build folder, and then I packed it up afterwards and posted, but I then now had a snagging thought in back of mind about what if something broke by that and so now retested, and sure enough, the three installer-build-scripts broke, though all other build-scripts work, but so I fixed it and am now packing it up and reuploading and will edit this post with new link shortly into this post. I also edited link in previous post to the new one, just in case.

I apologise for inconvinience.

deluge2.7z, as before, extract into your C drive/partition, and if you have the old deluge2 folder there from old link, then delete it first before extracting new link into C.
https://gofile.io/d/lyt0jx

If having allready downloaded old link, then either use above new link, or as alternative, download this new one, which is only consisting of the three changed build-scripts for installers, so if using that, then delete first the installer-build folder in C:\deluge2 and then download and extract following archive into C:\deluge2, as consists of installer-build folder with the 3 buildscripts inside:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4171454055

(You don't need both of above links, just choose one of them i.e. either full archive or only the changed/fixed parts to be used with the old download)

Edit: Done.

Edit2: Lastly, as I said in previous post, there is included new updated libtorrent and gtk3 builds already, but I deleted the new built deluges, which I built during testing this out, and just removed to reduce filesize of archive uploaded, but if wanting the two folders with latest built deluge-stable and dev, then here's an archive for that, which just should be extracted into C:\deluge2 folder, but you could might as well build them yourself however, with the provided scripts, but e.g. if wanting to test the installer buildscripts first, which need deluge built first. I dunno, probably doesn't make much sense as can build them yourself, but just for completeness, and since I also included gtk3 and libtorrents, which you can also build yourself. The stable deluge is same as included in the installer on my onedrive link, except newer build of gtk3(added commits, but not new actual release) and libtorrent 1.2.x, and the dev-deluge is likewise + with the added deluge commit that came after I stopped this project.

https://gofile.io/d/JltFzw
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

dev37 does work fine with the mantis dark theme on my computers (both latest Win10). Does it start working if you move your deluge profile to a backup location and restart it to generate a new profile?

Some of the settings do seem ti kill the GUI in my experience, you can either generate a new profile or hand-edit the config file to undo said settings.
In my experience fir example turning on "Show a pieces bar in Status tab" has this effect.

I would venture to guess this is not an MHerz installer but either a deluge GTK or a GTK on Win issue.
eddycatboy wrote:Does anyone still have deluge-2.0.4.dev36? the newer dev37 one with the mantis dark theme isn't working at all.
The gui (if you're lucky) works normally for a few seconds, untill the gui freeze and you can't move it at all.
And it will a. make it so you can can only click on the side bars, b. you can click on the main part of gui with the torrents or c. if you want to click on the top screen with the up button, you can, but then it will only click on the up button.
You can't even move the gui/screen without python crashing if it freezes.
Right now i'm stuck in the ''all'' side bar and the only thing i can do now with the gui is click on the main part (b) and right click with queue and click on top or up to get torrents off of the queue, to download.
Downloading still works at least.
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

Will do, however I suggest apart from deluge not to track the "head" (latest dev) but the latest stable release or at least RC version with GTK same as you do with libtorrent, IIRC.

Standing by till you think the scripts are ready!
mhertz wrote:I restored deluge-2.0.4.dev36 from onedrive version-control(well, trash-can in this case here, as name changed), and so is available now from main link, as alternative to newest deluge-dev installer.

I just checked and couldn't reproduce here, with no discernable differences between the two editions. I checked with mantis-dark theme and with and without CSD=0 enabled.

There was like file-name suggest(last number represents amount of commits released after master branch i.e. last stable version), only a single commit's difference from deluge's develop branch, between these two editions, and I included in the newest, the PR by djlegolas to fix the tracker-error-displaying behaviour of libtorrent 1.2.3+, but none of these small changes, should have such effect as you describe imho.

However, I did in newest edition, upgrade gtk3 from previous(3.24.18) to newest(3.24.20, which was released just after 3.24.19) version, which seemingly for you is problematic, though as said, I personally see no difference, and the update was also very small with regards to windows changes, and where deluge only uses a small subset of which. Libtorrent was updated too, and I think I re-added tobbez's pixbuff patch, and possibly openssl update, cannot remember fully, and python wasen't updated, though this much sounds like the gtk3 update somehow affects you for unknown reason.

I'll leave that older edition up as alternative for anyone affected. As said, i've quit this project here, so will not rebuild new gtk3 and see if fixes it, and is also little hard to debug when not beeing able to reproduce yourself either, but regardless ;) Anyway, as said, i'm in the process of fixing up everything to hand over to petersasi which kindly voluntered to build and provide these installers, so you can ask him if he will kindly build a new gtk3/release when i'm finished with these scripts - i'm almost done, but will need test them all to see if works with the new folder-structure and changed out tools used etc and that I didn't introduce new problems/typo's etc. Note, there have been no gtk3 update I believe, since 3.24.20, which allready is included in newest, but I changed to using GTK-3_24 branch instead of releaste tags, some time ago, so there should be several new commits applied when running the gtk3 build-script(haven't looked at them though), and hopefully it hasen't stopped building, and needs patching this time, though using said branch usually takes care of this, I found(if not imidiately, then a day or two after usually, where commit(s) fixing the issue gets merged into branch), hence the change.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The stable deluge build script, previously builded from latest release tag on git, but was hard for me to find out how to script be automatic between updates, so had to update a variable every time new version came(I think I can now though, like I do with python, but previously had issues when trying). Then I found I didn't even have too, because in deluge, then master branch is latest stable, so latest commit of master branch is last commit of deluge 2.0.3 currently, so that is why I use master in there, but it is in fact stable release.

BTW, I used to use cygwin as didn't have msys2 in beginning as couldn't build gvsbuild in beginning and just used Cas's last build. Anyway it needed forward slashes for patch.exe, hence script uses such still, even though supported in windows backwards way in msys2.

I used a dos notion of program files one place, as was specifically needed, as double quotes didn't work, and tried all things possible, where only that worked, as issue in python function in path with spaces.

Someplaces, because I added %programfiles% to a path for patch, then slashes are mixed, both regular and backwards, but it works still, and so was to lazy to change.

Not important, but some things look strange, but usually isn't an oversight, but just needed, or lazyness from changing old to new.

Also, deluge scripts use %programfiles%, whereas all others do not, for python install, and again was from old times, soon a year ago, where I provided batchfiles to install deluge2, in another thread not of mine, and didn't bothered change, as made no difference in end result and I would need edit 30 lines or so, to change,for no functional reason.

For libtorrent's, I originally tested almost 10 different boost versions, and only one worked for me, so stuck to that, and there's a range of supported boost versions for each branch of libtorrent, and the ones I use are within range, and I also saw suggested by others to be working good for them on libtorrent mailing-list. There's always a bunch of warnings displayed during building those, which you should simply ignore and is normal. If actual error happens, the building will fully stop and not produce any end result I.e libtorrent.pyd, and so if a libtorrent.pyd is produced then it is working. I think I made around 100 runs initially to get those libtorrent's to build to end, as had no experience either with such and depends on combinations used of your used versions of libtorrent, boost, python and msvc. Luckily I got it down to one msvc version recently, instead of 2 or 3, as each is 3.5gb install size as also includes windows sdk and such.

Forgot to say initially, that you should expect about 4.5 used install-size from running install-components.cmd batch file, where most is msvc(3.5gb roughly) and msys2(900'ish mb reported from windows properties dialog, though read windows has issues calculating such properly because of hardlinks and whatnot, and also seem very excessive to me, so actual size is around 600mb as calculated by 'du -h C:\msys64' linux command, and where additionally an extra hundred could be shaved off to clear cache, which I almost did from install_components.cmd, but decided against in end, as usually is recommended against i.e. not cleaning other older versions fom cache, which of-course is fine, but actually cleaning the single version of each installed package stored there, which is advised against for being able to revert back to working version again if an update F's something up on your system. This is a needed component for gvsbuild anyway, hence I install in that also git, patch and diff and such too, instead of installing/using cygwin or git for windows etc). If wanting save the around 100mb for cache, and it shouldn't honestly hurt in our case here regardless, as not updating msys2 after initial install/update, atleast not from my scripts(and is just tools used during, and not going to be included in the build deluge or components), then you can run this from a command-prompt, or win+r dialog, and not need admin rights for this:

Code: Select all

C:\msys64\usr\bin\pacman.exe -Scc --noconfirm
That line could also be added to install_components.cmd if wanted, somewhere after the msys2 install and update part, for future use).

If you want, you can add new line with:

Code: Select all

pause
As last line to all scripts, so they don't close when finished, and so you can see if error'ed out or not, and which I always do during testing, but not afterwards as I e.g sometimes start scripts from my Linux system, where I have setup a system where I run a command with the scripts I want run after each other and then the win10 VM is started headless in background and batch-files are run in there and close VM afterwards, but that would not work if using such pause command as each script would block the next script from running as would need a key press to continue to next script and not be automatic anymore.

You can make own scripts for different scenarios, where you make new text file ending in bat or cmd, and add on each line "call pathToScriptToRun" and repeat new lines of that underneath, with each new script you want run after eachother, and then rightclick/run-as-admin for that new script, just like you would do with the others, so e.g one script which build all, another which build only this and that, etc, but there's too many combinations for doing that for all scenarios, so I didn't include that in archive, as couldn't decide either which scenarios to include and which not to.