I just wanted to give you an update in future directions:
- Now we have deluge2 built with the latest Boost, Libtorrent, OpenSSL, Python, GTK there is not much else to do, I just keep watching the projects
- Libtorrent 1.2.7 was released 9 days ago, I am not expecting a new minor version for approx a month https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/releases
- Libtorrent 2.0 Release Candidate was released afterwards, but I have doubts if Deluge will work with a new major version out of the box. This one signifies support for BitTorrent V2 which itself is largely a preemptive reaction to SHA1 being broken; large portions of BitTorrent are designed around the 20-byte length of a SHA1 checksum. They've decided to move forward with SHA256 truncated to 20 bytes to avoid incompatibilities with existing infrastructure such as the Mainline DHT. It would offer some other nice benefits, not sure if Deluge wants to exploit those. It is overhauled to use memory mapped files, hopefully using boost iostreams, so it should work on windows too. However: this one will really depend on Deluge compatibility.
- Boost 1.73 was released in April and the seem to release minor versions every 4 months so next one probably comes in August https://github.com/boostorg/boost/releases
- OpenSSL is also mainly working on a new major version 3.0 although a 1.1.1h may come with a new vulnerability exposed https://github.com/openssl/openssl/releases
- New python minor version is not expected till mid-July https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0569/
- About: GTK: the 3.24 branch is used** where 3.24.20 was released just a month ago https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/blob/gtk-3-24/NEWS
- I keep familiarizing myself with the internals of the build process and keep finding stuff I need to ask MHerz about and update*
- I do have some more code to prettify and maybe more automation along just keeping python installed if it is the latest version, and automated version checking, and the mentioned size reduction - but these are all not very high priority, so I am not overly motivated (read lazy)
- TL;DR: let me know if you think something is important as I see nothing urgent and may end up not doing much as long as the current latest build works for everyone.
In C:\deluge2\gvsbuild-build\gtk3.patch you try to patch /patches/gtk3-24/win32.patch to add some background color changes, unfortunately this patch is no longer there in the repo: https://github.com/wingtk/gvsbuild/tree ... es/gtk3-24 only has one gtk_update_icon_cache.patch and nothing else. This win32.patch used to patch /gtk/theme/win32/gtk-win32-base.css from the original GTK repo. Maybe they just upstreamed their win32 patch? Or moved it?
** MHerz: do I assume correctly there is no chance Deluge would work with a newer GTK version (e.g. 3.98.5) and wingtk can only build 3.24.x, right?