*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer.

Post by mhertz »

I see what you mean, and yeah annoying indeed. This has been reported though for years I see, and Cas stated once in such ticket:
This has been reported before and it is an issue with GTK restoring from the 'minimized to tray' state. There is nothing we can do about this until a fix is applied upstream.

Have you tried without having Deluge maximized or without the 'minimize to tray' option enabled?

Source: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2102

He reported it also upstream, but seemingly ignored and auto-closed 2 years ago when bugtracker changed location and because of long time inactivity.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=675846

That was though gtk2, and this is gtk3, but seemingly still an issue, either since then, or recently brooke again, I dunno. On gtk2 after that report it seemingly got better at a point, so most likely after a gtk2 update, but one reported e.g that it worked fine 5 times in row but then suddenly failed again, so not fully fixed yet there, but just much improved.

Both of these suggested workarounds still work I just tested i.e. the minimize to taskbar works with maximize enabled, and closing to tray works if you manually rezise the unmaximized window once, to fill the full screen out, so as it in effect is "maximized"(well, not technically, and just fullscreen rather, as a distinction from window manager perspective, but regardless) just without selecting the maximized option, and this is retained from tray I just verified.

I'll keep an eye on new gtk3 commits in between releases too, so if a fix comes i'll of-course add it imidiately and not wait for full new release. The same for unmerged pull-requests if applicable. I just checked again now on github as 5 new commits landed since last gtk3 release, but nothing related to that + no issues reported off it on there gitlab bug-tracker, atleast in the 4+ months I just went back through now.

Thanks mate :) Well, it's unofficial because i'm not a deluge dev. Also it is made in a non standard way because the standard method have issues currently hence the reason for no official installer from real deluge devs. It works the same way though for the end user even though technically differently made than usually. The only difference "from the outside" is little bigger in filesize really.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

In my VM, i'm not able to make the window of Deluge as wide as a maximised one as you tell in the workaround (wich i was using in 15)

There still a little lack as you'll see in my capture...

I try to expand, but i can not anymore than what's shown.

I'm gonna to try another theme (last checkbox cheked while installing for the moment) and i get back...

EDIT (TrollOn I'm back Trolloff)

OK it doesn't occur in adama theme...

I'll do wiht that. :).

Are there really Windows devs except you ?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, I see you enabled GTK_CSD=0 option in installer from looking at your posted screenshoot, and I also have that issue there, with that option. However, with that option, then close to tray restores maximized state for me fine, whereas it doesn't and need said workaround if not using that GTK_CSD=0 and where you can pull the window manually to all sides to fully "maximize" e.g. as the screenshoot I attached.

I have before had reports of things in the GTK-UI which I couldn't reproduce, so unfortunetly there seemingly is differences from setup to setup, for whatever reason, in gtk probably.

About your edit, Im not a dev, just a mere forum user trying to help little out in the meantime of the downtime of the windows missing installer. Actually I never use windows myself except when testing this out, I even build all deluge's, libtorrents, gtk3 and installers from linux, well start whatever wanted build-script on my linux terminal which starts the win10 VM headlessly, and starts batchfiles on the headless win10 VM, which builds it, upload, and quits the win10 headless VM again when done. There are Cas the lead dev which although develops on linux also does what he can to make deluge available for windows, just issues currently taking some time and not having that much time available for deluge currently(though just pushed a commit yesterday to git, though nothing we can use, as for internal testings and such, but great to see he's back in development again :) ), and doadin which has done great work in fixing most of the issues already, so maybe not that long til an official installer can become available.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (33.66 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
waffles
New User
New User

Post by waffles »

Some help changing the theme please. I tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times with the different options for themes. Tried deleting all reference to deluge in program files/data/appdata etc. I tried adding that mojave theme and followed those instructions. It stays on the default horrible theme. Can't seem to change.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

@Mhertz

I agree waffles, Themes don't seem to work anymore with your last update. ;
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Are you saying you couldn't change theme from the installer either during your reinstalls?

I rebuilt installers a few hours ago, but only change was I decided to change the gtk3 stack from being installed under 'gvsbuild\release' folder, to instead under just 'data' folder. I rebuilt earlier today also, just to update with new rebuild of libtorrent 1.2.x too, btw.

Anyway, to change theme, or add theme, then the downloaded theme folder needs be moved to.... Damn, I just decided to check something out, and indeed I've been to quick in doing the change of gtk3 stack location, sorry, I should have tested it better, and just saw that the subfolders where installed correctly, but didn't check further down the line of sub-folders depper down the line where the themes are located. Crap, I see my error, I use overlays of several folders copied into place during building installers from my NSIS script, and I fixed new path/names of all, except that themes folder which I missed! I'm really sorry for wasting your time, and anyone else if got caught up in this and will rebuild asap. Sorry again! I'll help with mojave if still an issue later too, if I can i.e. if just normal gtk3 theme then should work.

Edit: PhiliP, sorry mate! Fixing asap.

Thanks for reporting, both of you guys! :) To not have this up any longer than already have.

Edit2: Finished.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

Don't be sorry. Didn't put Deluge in production order... Anyway, i want to help.

Everithing seems to work now :) with your last update.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

If interested in the springjools deluge2 updated fork of autoremoveplus plugin, then I read in ticket on it's github that it couldn't be enabled in deluge for several, e.g. in linux and also in this installer, so I took the code-fix provided in said ticket and applied it and rebuilt plugin for py38 and added the missing needed modules which didn't come by default with deluge and packed up into zipped archive and posted there with instructions on where to unzip to fix, so just to let anyone interested now: https://github.com/springjools/deluge-a ... /issues/16

@PhiliP, saw your post afterwards, thank you, appreciate that mate! :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I was debating myself wether should include two extra python modules e.g. needed for autoremoveplus plugin, but was conflicted about adding around 3mb install-size extra for a single plugin, especially when I already provided zipped up archive with missing modules to just unzip into deluge install-dir to fix that issue, but I then thought that probably other plugins also could be dependant on one or both of these modules too, e.g. one of the modules is listed by Cas in the deluge2 plugin porting guide as recommended option for upgrading plugins to deluge2. Also, binhex recently also added these two extra modules to his two very popular docker containers arch-deluge and arch-delugevpn, after getting a request of that, also because of autoremoveplus plugin, which made me also decide to include them too, so I rebuilt both deluge versions with these two extra modules added and rebuilt/uploaded new installers. It adds around 3mb extra to installed file-size, but I could save 2mb of the extra file-size by deleting unnecesarry-for-us parts from one of the modules, but i'm not going to bother, as maybe i'm wrong in that it could be needed for some plugin anyways, so won't chance it for such little savings. Then I anyway saved 2mb of the extra size added, because removed a redundant static dll from cairo's py-bindings, when the dynamic cairo.dll and deps already was available in dll-search-path, so anyways came out to max 1mb added filesize in total.

Lastly, the deluge-dev installer, now is named with a dev24 ending instead of before with dev23, which is because of added git-commit by Cas a couple days ago, but it's nothing we can use here and was related to internal test and backend changes unrelated to normal deluge usage, so it's nothing important and not needed to update for, if not interrested in autoremoveplus plugin(springjools fork, to support deluge2), or better compatibility with other plugins needing the extra modules also.

Edit: Again rebuilt installers and libtorrent 1.2.x before that, to catch-up with 2 new socks5 proxy fixes.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I was looking little at alternative themes, and granted i'm not really the best to judge that as usually live in terminals, except a browser with zero eye-candy and vim keys navigation, so use deluge from consoleUI only. Anyway, I found this which seems kinda nice to me, and actually thought about include, but probably to boring to you guys, and probably feels fine to me because it reminds of classic theme of win2k/xp which I always used back in the day. I didn't enabled GTK_CSD=0, which if done, would have given native win10 titlebar buttons(I don't because reported by some on gtk bug-tracker to give lower performance on windows, and bugreport about it still not closed).

If wanted, download OneStepBack gtk3 theme here: https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1013663/st ... size=35901

Unzip and move unzipped OneStepBack folder into deluge's install-dir under 'data\share\themes' and edit 'data\etc\gtk-3.0\settings.ini' and change 'gtk-theme-name=xxxxxx' into 'gtk-theme-name=OneStepBack'.

Btw, you can also edit that settings.ini to switch between themes from installer without reinstalling, though for Dark(Mantis) theme you need having it enabled once, so as to get the needed theme files copied over, but rest of themes in installer is built-into gtk3, and can be changed manually by editing theme name to use under previously mentioned settings.ini file, which is what the installer does for you during the install when selecting themes. Values there are, win32, adwaita and Mantis. Also under adwaita you can add new line as 'gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true', for enabling adwaita-dark. For gtk_csd=0, then easier I think if having it enabled first in installer, and then can change back and fourth easier, without reinstalling, by changing "0" to "1" at the end, and vice-versa, under deluge's install-dir of file: 'Lib/site-packages/path.pth. If having installed without that option, and want it enabled without reinstalling, then add the following directly at the end of the single long line in said file without any space between:

Code: Select all

; os.environ["GTK_CSD"] = "0"

Note, if not using a new version of these installers from today or yesterday, then when I mention 'data' folder, then you should replace that with instead 'gvsbuild\release', and then rest of the path I mentioned is the same still. Last, if installed under %programfiles%, then you cannot edit without running as admin, so just edit, save to temp place and overwrite back afterwards, or use e.g. notepad++ which ask you if should restart as admin for you, or open notepad as admin(ctrl+shift, or rightclick and select 'open as admin') and open file to edit from there.

I'll see if I can find other themes when time permits, but again, don't expect miracles with me in charge of judging such ;)
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (50.25 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
Last edited by mhertz on Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:22 am, edited 3 times in total.