*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Jerrk

Re: [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer.

Post by Jerrk »

I tested it in a VM as well and getting the same issue.

I opened a windows 10 VM
installed deluge with dark(mantis-theme) and GTK_CSD=0
switched to thin client
set up auto-connect to host and then connected to said host
added the same columns and set them to desired width
file -> quit
opened deluge
auto connected to host
the width settings for #, size, eta, added, folder, tracker, label - all changed

It's possible my issue is the localization thing, if you remember the file name i'd like to try it atleast.

ill try that write protect thing and see if it helps.

edit: if i resized the column and then instantly quit, the width would save for every column EXCEPT for tracker. very strange indeed.
Jerrk

Post by Jerrk »

I also have an issue where the tracker icons stored in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\deluge\icons will not show up in client if they have the .ico extension. I have to manually rename them to .png for them to be visible.

Not a huge issue since the rename only has to be done once, but with adding new trackers you'd have to edit the .ico file manually if you want the icon to show up in client.
Last edited by Jerrk on Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

There seemingly is a bug, for some, in both this issue regarding forgetting columns, and the other user previously reporting hosts forgotten from connection-manager. I tested again, this time only with resizing tracker and it returned resized correctly upon restart. Sorry I cannot help with this, and you will have to fill a bug-ticket for getting this looked into hopefully. The file was intl-8.dll, but not related to your issue i'm sure, because in both your screen-shots you have same language, and in my case the language changed from US to danish(my country of origin), but only sometimes and only upon reboots of windows, not restarts of deluge.

The other issue with you not getting some tracker icons(without renaming), is because I added a patch to deluge in this installer which does this on purposse. The reasoning being that in the big bug-ticket of getting deluge 2.x to be officially available on windows, I posted several issues I found, and I got help with code-fixes by another poster(tobbez) with many of them, including he posted another issue he encountered about deluge sometimes crashing because of said tracker ico's, and posted a code-fix(workaround), which I applied to this installer also(as could clearly tell he knew what he was talking about and doing + his fixes to the other issues where always on-point). I was contemplating adding another checkbox to installer and add two versions of the file, patched and unpatched, according to checkbox checked(or look into instead adding/using the 3'rd-party patching plugin for NSIS), but I had just stated I would stop working more on these installers, so didn't go further with that, though would make sense imho, and possibly I'll add it later regardless.

I will post the link to explenation and changed lines for relevant file here - it's in point 2 in that post, and you just need delete 5 lines from the relevant file:

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3201#comment:32

If you want to revert the change and have issues, then I can unpatch the file for you, if you tell me if you use normal or dev installer.
sohelpme
New User
New User

Post by sohelpme »

Any idea why I can't run multiple deluge daemons? Is that not supported?
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

sohelpme wrote:Any idea why I can't run multiple deluge daemons? Is that not supported?
You will need to specify different directories for the configs. I would suggest just making 2 separate shortcuts to launch it. See the second post on this thread: viewtopic.php?t=54489
sohelpme
New User
New User

Post by sohelpme »

Shryp wrote:
sohelpme wrote:Any idea why I can't run multiple deluge daemons? Is that not supported?
You will need to specify different directories for the configs. I would suggest just making 2 separate shortcuts to launch it. See the second post on this thread: viewtopic.php?t=54489
Thanks this put me on the right path.

If anyone is looking for a nicer theme I would recommend the 'Breeze-gtk' and 'Breeze-dark-gtk' themes they seem to fit really nicely in Windows 10.

My only real issue now is that the connection manager forgets it's size.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks I might look into that then, at a time possibly, as just a quick change.

I don't really like all the theme checkboxes I added(actually I scripted those as radio-buttons, like the libtorrent's, as check-boxes doesn't make sense for such, but NSIS doesn't support showing radio-buttons in different shape(round), when check-boxes also is added additionally under components page I believe), and would like just using one theme, and have a dark variant as checkbox, though csd=0 also is good to have optionally available imho. It's just hard to decide a one-fits-all scenario, also i'm not the best to judge such things honestly. Maybe it's best to stick to just having several options available, as now, and I suposse I could add breeze to lol :)

I'll think about it, and thanks for letting us now about that theme. I did in the beginning try some others too, e.g boomerang and another win10 mimicking, Blackstone or something related I think was named, or something with blue in name instead.

I'm not at computer now so cannot check if resizing connection-manager also isn't remembered for me, but generally there's alot of variability here it seems, where some things is remembered for some and others not, strangely. The last 3 like-minded things like this, I couldn't reproduce myself. Strange indeed, and don't really know if is some kinda conditional bug/issue in either deluge or gtk3.
yziecg
New User
New User

Post by yziecg »

Thank you for your hard work, you should consider putting up a ko-fi for donations.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks alot mate, you're too kind, but I appreciate your post :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Just wanted to add that the fix(es) for libtorrent tracker issues where merged to RC_1_2 branch as confirmed working by 2 users there, so I rebuilt libtorrent 1.2.x and installers, and the default libtorrent should now work for all hopefully. I still, just in case, left the 3'rd libtorrent(1.2.3) I added for affected users wanting libtorrent 1.2.x(just previous version) and not 1.1.x, but I would like to get back to before with only 2 libtorrent's, so If you where affected, could you please report back here if works correctly now for you also. Thanks in advance.