*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
echelon
New User
New User

Re: [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer.

Post by echelon »

Thanks for the pointer, yes somehow pip install doing different things and outputs!, so the simple fix is to :

Code: Select all

cd to_location_of_deluge_sources
pip install .
That's it, it will produce different outcome than "python setup.py build"! :-)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Nice, glad to hear you figured it out and thanks for posting your found solution, good job :)
echelon
New User
New User

Post by echelon »

Big credits to you for helping out and sharing me the ways :-), also kudos and greeting to Deluge developers team.

Managed to saturated my home connection line LOL :

~11 MBps/ ~100 Mbps downstream!!, really saved me a lot of time. By this conclusion, i must admit that python is really cool and performant language!.

On qBittorrent i never achieving this condition, don't know what's wrong with their implementation of libtorrent or it's just my qBittorrent's configurations things.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Cool, you're of course very welcome and for sure big thanks to all deluge devs, past and present :)

The down/up-loading in deluge is done through C++ backend library and just a thin python wrapper on-top only adding minimally/neglient overhead, though the UI and communication-protocol of-course is straight python.

If not having tweaked deluge(ltconfig plugin etc), then strange there's these differences, but could be a difference in libtorrent version used also. By default, there's a per-torrent max of 100 peers on qbittorrent(500 global) and a per-torrent max of 200 in deluge(no global cut), if memory on this serves me well. Also uTP sometimes can cut connection because of issues in latency-calculation algo I believe, but both are having uTP enabled by default and qbittorrent have mixed-mode 0(prefer TCP) while I can't remember if deluge also hardcodes that or not, but is a good thing to have that at 0 for performance. Of-course both deluge and qbittorrent should be prefferably not firewalled, or both firewalled, for a fair comparisson between the too(I mean open and forwarded port, by unfirewalled), though one can still archieve great download speeds if just there's enough peers in swarm(seeds preferably), e.g. for me 25MB/s download maxing out connection when testing popular torrents(linux iso's) without forwarding ports - though get same in qbittorrent last I tested that, though some years ago I believe.

Anyways, whatever the reason, the most important is you found what works best for you, so kudos on that and good job again setting everything up! :)
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

pwhodges wrote:I've just installed using your v2.0.3 installer (I don't know whether the 2.0.4 is considered good to go), and it has installed very smoothly. I uninstalled the old version first, just to be clean.

Everything seems fine - all my torrents are seeding as before, and I am seeing uploads going on. But one thing I cannot find an explanation for: all my trackers are being shown in an error state: "Error: The system cannot open the device or file specified". I can't see any reason for this, and the only change in the system is the installation of the new version of Deluge, which is why I've mentioned it here; I can't see what is not happening as a result of this, either. The server has good Internet access, as it also runs my web and mail servers.

Any ideas?
I am just quoting this to be sure mhertz saw it. For some reason it was listed as needing approval and now it is at least 1 page back on this thread.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks alot Shryp, appreciate that! :)

Pwhodges, sorry for missing your post. This is unfortunetly an issue in recent libtorrent 1.2.x seemingly, as you're the third reporting it here, though I cannot reproduce myself.

Its reported that libtorrent 1.2.3 works without this issue, or libtorrent 1.1.x from installer. You can get libtorrent 1.2.3 a few posts above where I uploaded and linked it, for manual replacement.

I've checked the libtorrent bugtracker for any info on this, but none reported, well until a few hours ago the first report came, which I also posted in that i've seen it reported by 3 others, so I'll report back when having more info on this and if patch or otherwise bug fix emerges, then of-course I'll update imidiatelly when having time. It's a general issue as reporter using Linux and qbittorrent.

https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/4325
pwhodges
New User
New User

Post by pwhodges »

Ah, OK. Thanks. Observing over a longer period I see that eventually the trackers get seen, but errors continue to pop up from time to time. I'll get the updated libtorrent and see if that sorts it for me.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

No fix yet for libtorrent issue, but possibly needs deluge code change and not libtorrent fix, but I'm not sure fully yet though. Someone posted on the bugtracker report about this, that an qbittorrent bug was related. I did actually check that also before seeing that, but wouldn't post as wasn't sure of what the issue was i.e deluge or libtorrent issue so waited little more for more info.

There have been a qbittorrent code fix little over a month ago and a new is being worked on. In qbittorrent, where this seems partially fixed, then there's multiple issues i.e trackers go to error when not contacted yet, though still working, and will be slowly cleared, trackers in same tier where one is failing all goes to error, and last there where something with ipv6 and IPv4 where if one fails then tracker errors out or alike.

No official response from libtorrent devs(Arvid) yet.
Jerrk

Post by Jerrk »

Not sure if this is anything you want to bother with but ill plead my case anyhow :)

Im running a global black #000 theme in windows 10, and running the win-32 "theme" from the installation is almost perfectly what i want, the single issue i have is that the progress bar doesnt show any colour

Is this anything you can do to fix, or more likely anything i can do personally after the installation to change the progress bar colour?

I've tried the 2 other dark themes and they're just fine, but i prefer complete blackness :)

thanks
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I tried before change something in the win32 theme regarding making something easier to see, either text or background color of something, but didn't succede. It's probably easy enough, but I have no experience messing around with gtk-theming whatsoever. Normally you cannot change anything unless rebuilding gtk3 completely, as win32 theme built-in, but to fix a little bug with a patch posted on gtk bugtracker, then I checked out the relevant files, applied patch and added it as new theme, as only way possible without rebuilding gtk3, so name of theme is win32x and you can look and try yourself to make changes in the two theme files I added under: '$InstDir\gvsbuild\release\share\themes\win32x' i.e. gtk.css and gtk-win32-base.css(one imports the other). Good luck :)

@all, Still no solution to tracker issue of libtorrent 1.2.x, but lead-dev Arvid asked for more info i.e. specific libtorrent error message and reproducing-instructions, so if anybody having this issue could please try run a debug-run and see if more info is captured than just the generic deluge tracker error, hopefully libtorrent error, but any more info regardless would help + if having instructions for how to reproduce this with some public trackers then that would also be great - you can post yourself in bug-tracker or post here and i'll forward it to Arvid to hopefully get this fixed soon, well, unless it's not a libtorrent but deluge/qbittorrent issue I dunno yet. Thanks in advance.
could anyone provide any more details than "trackers don't work" please?
What is the error message for instance?
Could anyone provide any (minimal) steps to reproduce this?
https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/4325

Btw, I tried adding a torrent where I artificially added alot of trackers all under same tier, including one failing tracker, but still couldn't reproduce it whatsoever, also disabled announce_to_all_trackers/tiers, as that could effect that issue I believe. as error was one minimum failing tracker in same tier, or if not all have been contacted yet, which is why that announce option(s) needs disabled, I believe, but as said couldn't reproduce, so seemingly not that qbittorrent-related issue atleast.