*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Deluge 2.0.x unofficial Windows installer.

Post by mhertz »

Again, you rock doadin, much appreciated and thanks again :)
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

Thanks, I appreciate all work mhertz, doadin, also looking forward to an official windows version, I love deluge :D
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks highvoltage, appreciate that mate :)

Btw, forgot to say before that I of course will keep the download link up until the day of official installer comes, and of course will still answer questions, if I can, and just meant that I will not spend more time in improving this, as seems futile at this point, as was just meant as stop-gap-measure, in the waiting time, and don't even use windows myself, at all, and just made this in a temporary win10 VM setup for the job.

If it takes longer than expected, and there comes some git-develop changes relevant, or libtorrent release, then I'll also update in mean time - might as well make my already-made batch-files to use, as is just a job for me of running a batch-file I made to build deluge from latest git development(or latest stable version), apply all needed fixes/patches, package with NSIS and up afterwards, fully automated :) love batch-files/shell-scripts and automate everything on my main Linux system, always have. For rebuilding libtorrent, I though need to change additionally a version variable to match wanted/newest version(used to be same for deluge stable but changed to using master git branch which point to that, but libtorrent have 2 stable versions to choose from and in dev branches and no stable master branch either - I could though make it parse the release page and download latest stable tarballs, and would have added that if this was an ongoing project, but just editing a single version-number variable doesn't kill me I guess :) - not really so much about lazyness, but just gives me a nice feeling inside honestly - I also btw have a version variable for the python version I want included, in the deluge, deluge-git and libtorrent batch-files). Sorry can not share, as highly personal, i.e using cygwin, git, patch and vc-build-tools etc. Sorry, didn't meant to write an essay about that :)

Btw, doadin, feel free to take over this thread with your documentation, info, thoughts or whatever, if wanted of course :)

@all, reminder again to check this ticket for official installer related updates:

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3201

Also, current development commit-log:

https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/log/?h=develop

Edit: Because a family member had socks5 proxy issues on windows, granted using qbittorrent but regardless, then this prompted me to build latest libtorrent development version of latest 1.2.x, for testing if fixed, using deluge(as same backend as qbittorrent), since there where alot of changes since last stable release(48 additional changes) and some where socks5 related. There where only 2 changes for 1.1.x libtorrent since last stable release and none related to socks5, so I didn't built that. Anyway, I thought I might as well also share it here then, so if wanted, then unzip archive (and select yes to overwite) into '<INSTALLDIR>\Lib\site-packages' : http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4515663791 (only one file zipped up i.e libtorrent.pyd) Note, if deluge throws an error and won't start afterwards, then delete '%appdata%\deluge\session.state'.
Labbz0re
New User
New User

Post by Labbz0re »

mhertz wrote:mhertz
I have to manually add ip and user/pass everytime i open deluge. if i reboot pc i have to enter it again. Any fix? :)
https://i.imgur.com/AYTqarJ.png
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Which deluge, 2.0.3 or 2.0.4.dev23, and which libtorrent, 1.2.3 or 1.1.14, or the newest development version of libtorrent 1.2.x I built yesterday and edited into my previous post underneath? Not at my computer/VM right now, but do remember manually deleting a host entry I made previous for testing in connection manager and didn't use no more, so wanted it removed, so that sticked for me, atleast, upon several reboots.
Last edited by mhertz on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Labbz0re
New User
New User

Post by Labbz0re »

mhertz wrote:Which deluge, 2.0.3 or 2.0.4.dev23, and which libtorrent, 1.2.3 or 1.1.14, or the newest development git libtorrent I built yesterday and edited into my last post underneath? Not at my computer/VM right now, but do remember manually deleting a host entry I made previous for testing in connection manager and didn't use no more, so wanted it removed, so that sticked for me, atleast, upon several reboots.
ok i will test the new one, i use the standard settings from the installer. 2.0.3 :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks, and sorry don't bother if not too late, as I'm sure it will not change anything, as is deluge, not libtorrent related, but I just thought I might as well get the full picture of your setup, to reproduce, when I anyways was asking which deluge version used.

I'll see if I can reproduce a little later, and if not, then we need check a debug-log for any glaring errors/issues, and unfortunetly I suspect it's a general deluge issue and not something I can fix on my end, e.g one reported not remembered changed tabs after restart, but I couldn't reproduce either and nothing relevant in debug-logs neither :( Sorry.

Code: Select all

"<INSTALLDIR>\deluge.exe" -L debug -l %userprofile%\Desktop\deluge.log
(Note '<INSTALLDIR>' needs changing above i.e default suggested install-path for non-portable installs is '%programfiles%\Deluge' , and for portable is '%userprofile%\Desktop\Deluge'.)

Also, try testing temporarily with a clean profile i.e with deluge(d) closed you rename deluge folder under %appdata% to e.g deluge-bak. After testing, just delete deluge and rename deluge-bak back to deluge, all under %appdata% with deluge(d) closed.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, cannot reproduce using everything default on 2.0.3 installer and comes up fine on every restart and reboot.

The host info you have added, is listed in '%appdata%\deluge\hostlist.conf', which is read upon startup to know what to populate the host-list with in connection-manager. I tried rightclicking that file and selecting it to be write-protected, and then if I e.g. select to delete a host in connection-manager, then it get's deleted, but if you restart deluge, then it's back again as before, because of that write-protect change. If your file is even populated, then you could try same. If not populated(empty), then you could copy it from another system over to windows and write-protect it as before, or generate it manually. Just a thought.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hard to let this fully go, honestly :) Just a final small change and re-upp'ed.

I read the lead-dev of qBittorrent(+ the previous and original author) for many years always have just used latest libtorrent RC branches for his windows and PPA builds, i.e currently RC_1_1 and RC_1_2, so I changed to that too. That means latest libtorrent version of 1.1.x and 1.2.x and then just any added seemingly stable commits added since latest release, considered release-candidates and will at a point after enough commits added just be tagged with a new release(more unstable development usually have own experimental branches and first merged to RC branch when tested more).

In the installers I just built/upp'ed, then libtorrent 1.2.x has 54 extra commits since last release and libtorrent 1.1.x has 2 added commits.

If looking into deluge's 'help > about' menu, then it will list which libtorrent it is, i.e. now 1.2.3 or 1.1.14, but will just include extra fixes of the time I built it.

Then I also don't have to change release tag name in my batchfile for the libtorrent git clone command, or update libtorrent version name for component-selection dialog in NSIS installer script, so everything is fully automatic for me even also after libtorrent updates now, which I like :)
Labbz0re
New User
New User

Post by Labbz0re »

mhertz wrote:Sorry, cannot reproduce using everything.....
Sorry i dont understand much u said, im not that good with computers.. But i tried to enable "read-only" on hostlist.conf & hostlist.conf.bak in %appdata% with my ip and username/password in them and after reboot deluge remember my settings! so that did work :) Thank you! Tack så mycket :)