*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Protected

Re: Deluge 2.0.x unofficial Windows installer.

Post by Protected »

mhertz, since my feedback in early November (it's on page 5) I never managed to get beyond the issue I was having. Still failing at the exact same point, after loading GTK (I mean in the logs) with no further logged errors and a generic error popup about python failing. I tried with the latest installers and full reinstalls. Any ideas? No sweat if you don't.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry to hear that :( the generic python error the times I've gotten it during testing have always been about session.state needing to be deleted first(deluge bug), though my newer installers does this automatically by itself and as you've tried this already then must not be that.

Im guessing it's either a deluge issue or a conflicting file in system32 besides those I already encountered for, so the only thing I can suggest is following this post here to obtain data about where files are loaded from on your system to see if it's that system32 issue: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55463&start=200#p230861
Protected

Post by Protected »

I'd tried this before but it took so long I thought it had hanged. Apparently not!

I ran it with Deluge 2.0.3, installed as portable. Seemed the most stable option.
Attachments
err.txt
(284.57 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thank you.

A quick scanning of some parts of the big log, revealed to me a file being loaded from system32 instead of the correct folder provided with deluge, so I made a change and rebuild the installers now and so if we're lucky then it's fixed now. If not, then further tweaking is needed and rechecking the log more thoroughly, but for now atleast you can take one of the installers for a test spin if you'd like. If not working, there will go alittle time before I can look further into it, as no more time now and will be away tomorrow until evening.

Good luck! :)
Protected

Post by Protected »

This is after reinstall.
Attachments
err2.txt
(285.04 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I'm affraid I still don't have time to go through this just yet, sorry about that, I will look further into it later, but in mean time, if you would please test this for me thanks.

I'm thinking I need copy, or move, libpng16.dll into deluge/lib/site-packages/gi, and possibly also copy a file named msvcr120.dll into there too, if the first wasn't enough.

All these files I have of course already added to your PATH environment variable just for the running session through a "hack" I made in my path.pth file added, but windows stupidly loads from system32 first, and placing needed dlls in same folder as deluge.exe often isn't enough, because a million other of deluge's side components in various sub of sub-folders also then need these files in there folders to override those from system32.

I'm not at front of my computer now and also had before a hard time finding an older libpng16.dll to test with, as all I previously could find was 32 bit and won't work.

Libpng16.dll isn't a file that by default is in system32 folder, so some app you installed did that, which is known to be very bad form to do, as fucks up for other apps leading to the dreaded dll-hell shown here in full effect, I'm guessing at least.

Could you please in "C:/windows/system32" rename libpng16.dll to have bak in name or whatever and try deluge again. If still no go, could you please do the same with msvcr120.dll. You just rename back afterwards as just for checking if this is the actual issue or not, though I'm much suspecting it is. Thank you.
Protected

Post by Protected »

Absolutely correct, renaming libpng16 out of system32 "solved" it (deluge 2 now runs)!
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Thin client mode with NSSM and migrating thousands of torrents - unofficial Windows installer.

Post by petersasi »

Thanks, I have managed to get it start: (was using Process Explorer to monitor what is happening)
0. downloaded your latest installer (deluge-2.0.4.dev23.exe)
1. installed with the defaults (libtorrent 1.2.3 and the Win32 theme which IMHO looks dated on win10)
2. emptied the config directory
3. then deluge.exe started nicely
4. switched it to thin client mode in Preferences
5. exited deluge.exeand started deluged.exe
6. starting deluge.exe I could see the version of the daemon running and connect to it, but kept exiting
7. did not really debug what is wrong, but starting the thin client with a separate config dir helped (this was not needed for me with deluge 1.3):
C:\Program Files\Deluge>deluge.exe --config=C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\deluge-client
8. I have updated my core.conf from the old one
9. currently force-rechecking my torrents (~1800, much faster in parallel than the old deluge and libtorrent)
EDIT:
  • - seems libtorrent is still set to active_checking=1 by deluge - or that is the default (check only one of the torrents in the checking queue) setting decribed here: https://www.libtorrent.org/reference-Settings.html
    - and it was just that torrents did not seem to be under auto-management of libtorrent wen first read from the old deluge and libtorrent version state directory
    - I would desperately need to find a smarter way as I have 8 disk, 7 of which always sitting idle this way
    - anyway at least deluge should at least have an active_checking limit in core.conf besides the active_upload and active_ download already there, as seen here: https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/t ... manager.py
    EDIT:
    - In the meantime I got the ltConfig plug-in working and set this number to 8 with it, see my post later in this topic
10. a few (less than ten) torrents with exotic characters did end up in Error, will take a look later

PS: I use NSSM to start the daemon, my config for that is:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Deluge>..\NSSM\nssm.exe dump deluged2
..\NSSM\nssm.exe install DelugeD2 "C:\Program Files\Deluge\deluged.exe"
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 AppParameters "--port=58846 --config=C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\deluge"
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 AppDirectory "C:\Program Files\Deluge"
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 AppExit Default Restart
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 AppStdout "C:\Program Files\Deluge\nssm-stdout.log"
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 AppStderr "C:\Program Files\Deluge\nssm-stderr.log"
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 AppTimestampLog 1
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 Description "Deluge torrent application daemon"
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 DisplayName "Deluge2 Daemon"
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 ObjectName LocalSystem
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 Start SERVICE_DEMAND_START
..\NSSM\nssm.exe set DelugeD2 Type SERVICE_WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
I hope this will help others with many torrents and using client-server mode to migrate to deluge 2 on windows! :D
Last edited by petersasi on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

Seems like turning on "Show a pieces bar in Status tab" option makes it crash and never start again for me. Deleting the config dir is the way to recover, so separation of config dirs may not be necessary as long as this was never turned on.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@Protected,

Thanks for testing this and letting me know! :) I have changed the placement og that conflicting file to hopefully correct place, though at times it's needed two places, and i'm working in blind as not having the issue myself, but could you please test latest release of one of the installers whenever time permits, thanks. You never need uninstall btw, as I made my installers always deletes old install fully, also if installing in portable mode in same place as before, then wipes folder clean first. Also kills any of deluge's 8 exe files if found running before installing(8 because includes debug versions too). Thanks again.

Edit: if still not working, then could you please try copying libpng16.dll from deluge/lib/site-packages/gi into deluge, and where deluge just is main and default named install dir, thanks.

@peterasi,

Thanks for posting your findings and helpfull tips for the benefit of other around here, much appreciated. :)

@all,

I'm currently in a changed schedule compared to previously, giving me much less free time than before and time away from my computer and just checking here from phone or tablet, so if there goes some time before I respond back now and in feature, then i'm not ignoring you, or forgot about this, but just held up and can take possible days before replying back. Sorry for inconvenience!