*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Deluge 2.0 unofficial Windows installer available.

Post by idiocracy »

I see. Btw, with the latest 2.0.3 build, my addtorrentcheck plugin stopped working, it's not being loaded by deluge. Gonna try 2.0.4 build, otherwise i'll reinstall one of the previous builds.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Rename plugin name to have 3.7 instead of 3.6 in name, as I updated the python version used, some time ago to latest 3.7 instead of 3.6.8.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

Ohhh. I did not know that was a thing, just thought it was to help with description. Not that it had any influence on deluge's ability to load a plugin.
Last edited by idiocracy on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yeah likewise, I also learned it along the way myself :)
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

I just noticed a 6.7gb torrent with 8mb uploaded and knew something was wrong. Changing the name worked, it's loaded again.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Slick plugin indeed, which I'd surely use if running e.g. snatch 'n grab missions(Or whatever called :) ) from seed boxes. Thanks again for nice contribution mate.
MqtUA
New User
New User

Post by MqtUA »

mhertz wrote:Updated the git installers/portables to latest development i.e. deluge-2.0.4.dev23. Nothing important added, but just to keep on top of development. There was 3 commits submitted since last git release and included now, where one is unrelated to python version included, another about logging and last about console.
Thank you this build works perfectly :D
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome, and thank you likewise, both for reporting back, and for bringing this to my attention in first place, as i'd never known without, since not occuring on a clean install, so much appreciate that! :)

@all, I just checked that the bug regarding bad performance when defining GTK_CSD=0, still is open and unfixed upstream, so i'll not gonna chance it and have rebuilt everything to not include this anymore.

Also, I decided to just keep using the win32 theme, as was also originally suggested by Cas in his manual install instruction to use if wanting a better looking theme. If not liking it, then as I stated a few posts before, there are some alternatives to try instead i.e. the adwaita theme, or the dark Mantis theme by yziecg, or any other gtk3 theme found online(I just tried a couple win10-inspired non-black themes again found online, but didn't found something fully pleased with yet).
yziecg
New User
New User

Post by yziecg »

Here's the dark theme again, just rezipped it with a revised folder structure. Put into C:\Program Files or put the contents of Deluge into your portable folder.

Deluge2-Dark(Mantis-theme).zip
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I have built and uploaded additional dark(mantis-theme) editions of all installers and portables. Thanks again yziecg.

For all editions, then if not minding the chance of lower performance possibly and wanting the old look of titlebar back, then change "1" to "0" at the end of the single line in: %INSTALL-DIR%\Lib\site-packages\path.pth and restart deluge.

Lastly, rememember if getting a python startup-error after upgrading(happens rarely though), then it's an old deluge bug, which is fixed by deleting session.state in your deluge profile dir and restarting deluge. I was thinking of making the installers do this automatically, but it's not considered "propper" to touch your profile dir, so I won't, but I might instead just add a note about it on the final page in the installer, to avoid having to repeat myself here(though I already mention it on first page where link also is, so probably enough).