*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Deluge 2.0 Windows 7z-sfx-installer available.

Post by mhertz »

I have removed alot redundant files, so got the install-size down by little over 25%, and I added the tweak to get native windows titelbar on used windows version, as mentioned previously. Uninstall first from windows add/remove programs before updating, to get the redundant files fully removed first. Last i've removed the python v3.6.8 installers and only kept the python v3.7.5 ones.

Note, as there is no big changes, then no need to update if not wanting, and so just wait till bigger changes occure instead. I mostly updated and reupped the installers, because I wanted to check my new "environment" where I have changed my script I made which pack and build the installers, to copy the installers to a OneDrive shared-folder which comes free on win10 with 5GB storage, and so this makes it much easier for me in feature, because I had to upload to filehost-sites and copy/paste the links and update first post, and with 4 installers, before 8, this gets annoying, whereas I now just posted the shared-folder link to first page and so never have to update links or upload anything manually anymore and instead just run my script after making changes.
mhertz

Re: Deluge 2.0 Windows 7z-sfx-installer available.

Post by mhertz »

I have updated all 4 installers, though for existing users there's no reason to update for most, as is mostly meant for new users.

Before, then this installer only supported installing into %programfiles% on a C:\ drive/partition, which for probably 99% of people would be fine, but for the few who have changed away from the default normal way of having %programfiles% on C:\ drive/partition, then the installer wouldn't work, so I fixed that, and so you can now select to install Deluge2 into whatever drive/partition and folder you'd like.

This sounds easy, and normally is, but in this specific case wasen't, because there already was hardcoded a default %programfiles% path into deluged.exe, it's daemons and the CLI-frontend, so I had to make my installer, patch these 4 exe files after the install, with the path choosen during install, and also then needed to find a fix for a previous fix of mine, which now had stopped working because of this.

Anyway, long story short, the installer now supports installing wherever wanted, but defaults to the old place if not changing away from defaults.

I also cut down an extra 20mb in install-size and cleaned up the uninstall-script alittle, and several other changes behind the scenes in the installer, like doing everything now fully from the installer template file instead of calling a batchfile and regfile to do it, except for the exe patching part, where I need calling a python script for that, but again, this is mostly intended to be an update for new users, and existing ones can wait over, as nothing new to add.

If deciding to update anyway, then uninstall first from windows add/remove programs, to get the files I cleaned up to save space, fully removed first.

Note, there's a nice tool named 7z SFX Archive splitter, made by the same author as of the modified 7z sfx module I use, which can extract the template file embedded in a 7z sfx installer, so you can check yourself exactly what is being done and run when installing, since that template file isn't retrieved if you just simply extract the installer yourself with winrar or 7-zip etc. I'll post this notice and link also on first post of thread.
dopedangel

Re: Deluge 2.0 Windows 7z sfx installer available.

Post by dopedangel »

All four installers are not working for me I keep getting exception errors
PJWhoopie
New User
New User

Post by PJWhoopie »

Need Some help.
I had deluge 1.3, used one of the Deluge2 links here bingo all was running fine.

Then I got a new PCIE hard drive, put it in, installed win10 and tried the same Deluge2...

Basically, what is happening now is that when I click the Deluge2 executable, it loads, opens... and the windows wheel spins while it looks to be searching for my torrent files, and then it closes.

I have uninstalled, re-installed, and tried all the different Deluge2 packages on the first page of this thread, but the same thing happens. I have re-loaded Deluge 1.3, and that is working, but I'd like to get D2 up and running...

Any Suggestions?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Crap, I really don't get this when I have before releasing, tested in a brand newly made same day, clean latest win10 VM + the usual other VM's and physical PC?

It doesn't go away by deleting with deluge closed session.state in deluge profile folder and starting deluge again?

I will as alternative, upload the old installers again also, but expect a little time for that, and also, since I don't know what is interfering i.e the patching of exe's, the 200MB total reduced install size, or the change to newer python, then I'm unsure what to upload, as don't know what you used before in dopedangel's case, so please tell me that first. Also, when you get the error, is it explicitly stating exception error and when exactly do you get that error?

Could also both of you do me a favor please. Uninstall deluge2 from windows add/remove programs, and if you have Windows installed on C drive/partition and not changed %ProgramFiles‰ away from default, then please use winrar/7-zip/winzip or whatever to extract one of the installers into a folder named Deluge2 under ‰ProgramFiles‰ and test if running deluge.exe now works from the Scripts folder under Deluge2 folder previously made/extracted-too. Then I atleast now if it's the patching thats the issue here, because when doing it like this, then the installer template isn't run and so no patching is done, and neither no shortcut is made or uninstall information added etc, so after testing this, then you can delete the Deluge2 folder to fully remove all traces of it again.

Thank you both.
PJWhoopie
New User
New User

Post by PJWhoopie »

I looked on the first page of the thread, and none of the files there seem to be zipped, they are all exe files.

Do you have a link to a zipped version?
PJWhoopie
New User
New User

Post by PJWhoopie »

I got it to work...

What I did was renamed the deluge folder in user/appdata/roaming/deluge
That caused Deluge2 to create a new roaming/deluge folder... and when I ran deluge2 it worked/stayed open, but obviously none of my previous torrents.
Then I placed the state folder with the one that had my torrents in it. Now it works.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Cool it's a known issue which also sometimes happen on v1.3.x. If ever experiencing it again in feature, then delete session.state file from deluge profile folder with deluge closed and start deluge again, which will keep your torrents, plugins and settings. I found this out by trial and error, and later read Cas suggest the same to a user in old forum post regarding v1.3.x.

Thanks for the update.
PJWhoopie
New User
New User

Post by PJWhoopie »

and I am back.

Everything is working... but...

Magnet links are not associated with Deluge2 I've tried the link in Deluge2 preferences, but it doesn't help.

I searched the net, but didn't find anything current (windows 10 plus Deluge 2.X on how to make the association.

Any help?
PJWhoopie
New User
New User

Post by PJWhoopie »

Ok...
I found this,
Changing in the registry...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\shell\open\command\(Default)
"C:\Program Files\Deluge2\Scripts\deluge.exe" "%1"
It gets the Deluge2 to open... but it says that it can't load the torrent file...