Can't add seemingly random torrents to my session

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ahawowow
New User
New User

Can't add seemingly random torrents to my session

Post by ahawowow »

Every so often (probably every 100 or so torrents I download), I'll find one that I can't get to open in Deluge for whatever reason. I bring it up and click "add" and nothing happens. If I try to add it again, the "add torrent" box comes up again (indicating that it hasn't been added otherwise i'd get the "you can't add the same torrent twice" message) but nothing will happen when I click add. These torrents have plenty of seeders and I can get them to open in other clients, so it's not a problem with the torrent. It's consistent too. Even if I come back to the same torrent months later I still won't be able to start it.

I'm running Deluge 1.3.15 on Windows 10 Professional.
FlappyJeffrey
New User
New User

Re: Can't add seemingly random torrents to my session

Post by FlappyJeffrey »

Could be some kind of weird compatibility issue... Is there anything in common between these torrents? Are you getting them from the same website?
ahawowow
New User
New User

Post by ahawowow »

FlappyJeffrey wrote:Could be some kind of weird compatibility issue... Is there anything in common between these torrents? Are you getting them from the same website?
I've had the issue with torrents from at least two trackers. They've all been large mkv movie files IIRC

If I open another torrent with the exact same movie file it'll work fine.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, don't know, but if it's a public torrent then if you want you can upload one of those problematic torrents on e.g. tinyupload or alike, and then PM me the link, and i'll test it out also i.e. two pairs of eyes are better than one ;)
ahawowow
New User
New User

Post by ahawowow »

mhertz wrote:Sorry, don't know, but if it's a public torrent then if you want you can upload one of those problematic torrents on e.g. tinyupload or alike, and then PM me the link, and i'll test it out also i.e. two pairs of eyes are better than one ;)
they're all from private trackers unfortunately
they have plenty of seeds and no comments complaining so i'm pretty sure it's an issue entirely on my end

i also have 1600 torrents seeding so i'm hesitant to do anything that would cause all of those to recheck or display Error
Crocker23
New User
New User

Post by Crocker23 »

Well yeah issue has been faced by me too..I hope an accurate solution is provided here..As it a general issue i guess Mygiftcardsite