Torrent error: Not enough system resources.......

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Torrent error: Not enough system resources.......

Post by idiocracy »

I just started using deluge, and i'm encountering this issue "not enough system resources to perform the wanted task" No idea what that means, i disabled disk io read/write because i thought that might be it as windows will map almost all available memory, but that didn't help so that was not the issue. Tracker works. The only thing i've noticed is that it happens when speeds go above ~80mb/s, scratch disk keeps up just fine.
I can resume it, and sometimes 10 secs later it errors again.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Torrent error: Not enough system resources.......

Post by idiocracy »

When the error happens, progress bar changes to "error 100%", but i can continue to resume file almost until it's done. When they hit 99.9X% they stall but only on download. Seeding appears to be fine. Makes no sense. Machine has ~1.5gb free memory. I use the high speed seed preset in ltconfig.

I have realized this is probably the wrong place as the forum is pretty dead.
IskraTS11
New User
New User

Post by IskraTS11 »

Nah mate, the forum isn't dead, it's just a forum, not a facebook page, answers are sometimes slower to come.
Regarding your problem, if your machine has only 1.5gb of free memory, that's clearly the source of your problem! You can't really expect your computer to work fine with so little free space... What's the capacity of your HDD? As a rule of thumb, you should always have more or less 10% of the total capacity of your HDD free, or the computer will be slowed down by the lack of free space to perform temporary operations... And even with a modest 500gb HDD, 1.5gb is 0.3%, quite far from the recommended 10%.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

"I use the high speed seed preset in ltconfig"

This is the error. I use the same preset on an RPI...but don't use it blindly. The preset is made for a server with I think 128GB memory
Review each setting (easy in the interface) and apply each one carefully. As references I only change
active_dht_limit
active_limit
announce to all tiers
announce to all trackers
cache_size
cache_expiry
connections speed
connections_limit
dht upload rate limit
user agent

(about the cache take care to not conflict with the Deluge preferences settings, configure it on one side only)