Webui download location

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
pctopgs
New User
New User

Webui download location

Post by pctopgs »

Hello everyone,

I'm really trying to give deluge a chance. In the WebUI. I set the downloads to a folder that is on a different HDD, but the files will always get downloaded to "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Downloads". The weird part is that when I navigate to that folder (Downloads), it doesn't exist! What's even weirder is that it's still taking up space to download. So now I have downloads that's taking up space in a folder that doesn't exist. I've enabled shown hidden folders. Why does Deluge download files to a folder I didn't specify in the first place? Why doesn't this folder exist when I navigate to it? Why do files still fill up my hard drive even when I can't see them?
deluge.PNG
deluge.PNG (14.12 KiB) Viewed 5884 times
mhertz

Re: Webui download location

Post by mhertz »

Im guessing the user the deluge daemon is running under, doesn't have access-rights to the location you've selected. It seems also as deluged is running under System account, from that path. Anyway please provide a log for us to troubleshoot further:

Open a Command Prompt and run:

"%ProgramFiles%\Deluge\deluge-debug.exe" -L error -l "%UserProfile%\Desktop\deluge.log"
pctopgs
New User
New User

Post by pctopgs »

[ERROR ] 08:18:22 init:50 Unable to enable plugin!
[ERROR ] 08:18:22 init:51 Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8112: [Errno 10048] Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "deluge\plugins\init.py", line 48, in enable
File "c:\program files (x86)\deluge\deluge-1.3.15-py2.7.egg\deluge\plugins\webui-0.1-py2.7.egg\webui\core.py", line 59, in enable
self.start()
File "c:\program files (x86)\deluge\deluge-1.3.15-py2.7.egg\deluge\plugins\webui-0.1-py2.7.egg\webui\core.py", line 97, in start
self.server.start(False)
File "deluge\ui\web\server.py", line 670, in start
File "deluge\ui\web\server.py", line 678, in start_normal
File "twisted/internet/posixbase.py", line 478, in listenTCP
File "twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 983, in startListening
CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8112: [Errno 10048] Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.
Thats the output log
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry it should be deluged and not deluge and also deluged should be closed/killed beforehand running the command. Also how do you normally start deluged? Just manually or automated and if so how. When you have the error, then also see which user deluged.exe is running under from task-manager(ctrl+shift+esc), as it looks to be run under SYSTEM account by that path.

I know very little about deluge under Windows, so I hope others more experienced can help you with this also.
pctopgs
New User
New User

Post by pctopgs »

"[ERROR ] 19:01:28 rpcserver:378 Couldn't listen on any:58846: [Errno 10048] Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted."

Right now I just start it manually because I just started using it. Eventually it'll be automated though. The user for deluge.exe is Administrator, but there are other two deluge processes that run under system.

Although you're not a Windows person I appreciate the effort.
deluge users.PNG
deluge users.PNG (3.76 KiB) Viewed 5823 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Please kill all deluge* processes. Right click and close 'em. Then restart deluged and deluge-web from your normal user-account and see if they still are run from SYSTEM which I don't understand why honestly. Are you either running them from a normal terminal or dobbeltclicking them, from your normal user account?
pctopgs
New User
New User

Post by pctopgs »

I got it to work! I had to allow some ports to connect in the firewall. Earlier I opened up the 8112 and 58846 for the Incoming ports, but didn't realize I had to do the same thing for the outgoing ports as well, which is kinda weird if you ask me.