Tracker information missing from half of torrents after start-up

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Eyra
New User
New User

Tracker information missing from half of torrents after start-up

Post by Eyra »

So my storage was not attached correctly and all my torrents had an error. No problem, I'll close Deluge and fix it. I opened it again and forced a re-check, then I noticed all about half of torrents are missing their tracker information (blank). So now I have to delete a bunch of torrents and add them again. What happened? As far as I know, this information is stored in %APPDATA% on Windows.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Tracker information missing from half of torrents after start-up

Post by shamael »

Hi,

No attached tracker or no tracker status?
Eyra
New User
New User

Post by Eyra »

I mean to say there is no tracker. If I go to > edit trackers, the list is blank. Not a problem with announcement / status.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

A corrupted resume file maybe due to the storage issue.
Check the %appdata%\deluge folder. A resume file should be present in folder state. If a previous version is present you can give it a try
Eyra
New User
New User

Post by Eyra »

Thank you for the suggestion. I've replaced torrents.fastresume with torrents.fastresume.bak and nothing has changed. There is no other file with the name resume.

Wouldn't this information be stored in each torrent file stored in the state folder?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

The .torrent files are only the source to be added in Deluge, not the state/stats folder so I don't think so (but you may be right).
I guess you did it well with Deluge stopped (and no process with such name running).
the torrents.state is the folder where all these data resides, may be corrupted too but it sounds not logical if some torrents works.
Eyra
New User
New User

Post by Eyra »

A small update. The only way to fix it was by deleting and adding the torrent again. It appears that the back-up files get written over immediately when there is a change in state, not when the session ends (the program is closed) which isn't useful.