Some requests?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
GameSky
New User
New User

Some requests?

Post by GameSky »

First of all, I'm really impressed by deluge's performance...really helps me a lot [on bt-ing of coz =D], and rather being stuck for hours just for a single <200MB torrent ._.

Anyway, I've few requests that I hope it will be implemented into deluge.

1. "Maximum simultaneous download jobs/connections"
- Instead of "Maximum simultaneous" jobs only, I suggest that "Maximum simultaneous download jobs/connection", like the queues systems in Azureus/uTorrent, where maximum active downloads job and also maximum connection. Since in deluge, it only have maximum connection[which applies to download/seeding torrents], lets say I put 3 as max connections, and I've total 5 torrents to download. But in deluge, seeding torrents also counts as active connections, thus after all the 3 torrents completed, the other 2 queued torrents won't download unless I paused the seeding torrents. But in Azureus/uTorrent, once the torrents finished download, it will be moved to seeding, and the next queued torrents will begin download.

2. "Torrent details", instead of directly put it on download list
- Can we "view" the torrent contains before we download it? It seems, after I double-clicked the *.torrent files, it will be automatically added into active jobs, and after that, then we can manually selects which files to download or not.

3. "Manual hash-check", instead of "re-adding" the torrent?
- At first, I thought the hash-check function is not available in deluge, since I can't found any "manual hash-check" on the menu.

4. "More torrent job details", displays more information about the torrent?
- Something like, total time used to download for the single torrent?

Is my request too much ._.? Anyway, keep up the good job, and good luck ^^"
Myros

Re: Some requests?

Post by Myros »

Hmm, since this was started.. I have simply one request.

The choice to set upload speed when downloading, and when only seeding. :D

As in:-

Upload speed when running a download..

Upload speed when seeding.

Jes to clarify my request :P
jzng89
New User
New User

Post by jzng89 »

One request, well, not really much of a request than it is a comment.

The password function. When I minimize to tray and start Deluge it'll ask for my password, that's about right. But I can pause, set download limits and etc without needing a password, straight from right-clicking the tray. I suggest requiring a password to do ANY of those or at least the option to enable such password protection.

(Have a nosey sister who has itchy fingers as well)
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

jzng89 wrote:One request, well, not really much of a request than it is a comment.

The password function. When I minimize to tray and start Deluge it'll ask for my password, that's about right. But I can pause, set download limits and etc without needing a password, straight from right-clicking the tray. I suggest requiring a password to do ANY of those or at least the option to enable such password protection.

(Have a nosey sister who has itchy fingers as well)
it's about balancing convenience for the user. actually, this is exactly the same behavior that azureus has implemented. it allows you to add and do minor things while not allowing you to remove or quit/view/etc.
eternalsword

Post by eternalsword »

GameSky wrote:First of all, I'm really impressed by deluge's performance...really helps me a lot [on bt-ing of coz =D], and rather being stuck for hours just for a single <200MB torrent ._.

Anyway, I've few requests that I hope it will be implemented into deluge.

1. "Maximum simultaneous download jobs/connections"
- Instead of "Maximum simultaneous" jobs only, I suggest that "Maximum simultaneous download jobs/connection", like the queues systems in Azureus/uTorrent, where maximum active downloads job and also maximum connection. Since in deluge, it only have maximum connection[which applies to download/seeding torrents], lets say I put 3 as max connections, and I've total 5 torrents to download. But in deluge, seeding torrents also counts as active connections, thus after all the 3 torrents completed, the other 2 queued torrents won't download unless I paused the seeding torrents. But in Azureus/uTorrent, once the torrents finished download, it will be moved to seeding, and the next queued torrents will begin download.

2. "Torrent details", instead of directly put it on download list
- Can we "view" the torrent contains before we download it? It seems, after I double-clicked the *.torrent files, it will be automatically added into active jobs, and after that, then we can manually selects which files to download or not.

3. "Manual hash-check", instead of "re-adding" the torrent?
- At first, I thought the hash-check function is not available in deluge, since I can't found any "manual hash-check" on the menu.

4. "More torrent job details", displays more information about the torrent?
- Something like, total time used to download for the single torrent?

Is my request too much ._.? Anyway, keep up the good job, and good luck ^^"
1. This can be accomplished by automatically sending new seeds to the bottom of the queue. Look under the preferences in the Seeding tab.

2. Go to the preferences and Enable selecting files for torrent before loading (Allocation must be set to full, so this option won't work with file systems that require compact, like fat).

3. Has not been implemented to date.

4. Not sure what the devs will think about this.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

eternalsword wrote:3. Has not been implemented to date.
yeah. the thing is, we've been waiting for libtorrent to implement this properly, since it's kind of a hack and messed up to do it ourselves...with that said, i dont think our next version will ship without this, no matter which side has to implement it.
eternalsword wrote:4. Not sure what the devs will think about this.
yeah. i'd honestly rather someone implement this as an addition to the "extra stats" plugin. patches are welcome :)
GameSky
New User
New User

Post by GameSky »

@eternalsword:- Ah, thanks for pointing it out "/
Myros

Post by Myros »

Okay, back with two more lil' requests :p

1) Show speed on Deluge minimized window..

It would be nice to know the speed I'm running on without having to maximize the Deluge window.

2) DHT allowed trackers

In the details, it'll be helpful if Deluge displays the tracks status with DHT, such as Allowed/Not allowed.
blindbox
New User
New User

Post by blindbox »

How about a real queue? I realised deluge doesn't have a queue system on different torrents (i.e., I can't set one torrent to have a higher priority than the other). Don't say that deluge already did, I did some tests, it doesn't (the # column only represents which job should it do first etc, not which job is of higher priority). Is this just impossible though?