Error: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ncrouch141
New User
New User

Error: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

Post by ncrouch141 »

I'm just wondering what this error means.

Tracker Status: "website here" Error: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

I get that the Windows port hasn't been updated in a couple years, but I'm confused about it. Is a torrent program like Deluge supposed to already have a list of trackers built in that it knows are safe? Or would I have to manually enter a list of trackers so Deluge doesn't get confused? Or am I way off track?

My current understanding is that it doesn't matter ether way because they still download, so I'm just curious to know what the error means.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Error: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

Post by shamael »

Hi,

A tracker is always needed with a torrent, sharing the peers available and what part of the file they have. So when you add a torrent to Deluge you should already have tracker(s) associated. I' never met this kind of error but I guess one of the associated trackers of the torrent is not healthy. As said the role of the tracker is to collect ans share the list of files (and part) you host. Very trivial messages so, the server seems unable to get it.