Deluge crashing entire home network.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Justin_
New User
New User

Deluge crashing entire home network.

Post by Justin_ »

Hey guys, i've been having a strange problem... I have had Deluge installed on my computer without any problems for well over a year, then about 2 months ago I installed the plugin YaRSS2 to automatically add torrents. I ran it for a few days and all seemed well, but then it crashed. But it didn't only crash Deluge, it also crashed Chrome, discord and some other programs on my computer AND it managed to crash my ASUS RT-AC56U router. This happened a few times before I decided to uninstall YaRSS2 to try and fix the problem, but no luck. My computer and entire home network has continued every 10-15 days or so for the last 2 months. Whenever this happens I need to unplug and replug my router to get my network up and running, and at that point my computer still has some minor problems accessing the internet until I restart it.

Also about 2 weeks ago I experienced a weerd memory bug that I can't directly link to this, but that I can see no other reason for. My computer was being slow, so I opened up task manager and saw that the CPU and disk usage were at a normal, low percent (<25%), and my RAM was rather high at about 80%, but that was normal for me. So I opened up resource monitor and I had a rather high percentage of 'modified' memory taking up the last ~20% of my RAM. So I closed Chrome that was using ~18GB of RAM (that's normal for me, at any time I may have 60 or more tabs open). But that free RAM space was eaten up by ever growing 'modified' memory. Within about 20 minutes my RAM was once again full and as I had prevously disabled the paging file there was no RAM left for the OS. I tried to shutdown my computer, but it froze and crashed before it shut down. I turned my computer back on and I have yet to have the same problem again. At that point Task Manager was only reporting about 15% memory usage, but the rest of the RAM (~25-30GB) was filled with 'modified' memory. Just as an example right now I only have 185 Mb of 'Modified' memory on my computer.

Anyway, lots of odd problems. Wondering if I can get any advice here.

Just for some more information, I currently have 341 torrents in Deluge with 238 paused, 98 seeding, and 5 active along with 5 errored.
According to my routers accounting in the last 30 days I have downloaded 71.62GB and uploaded 849.03GB.
simca
New User
New User

Re: Deluge crashing entire home network.

Post by simca »

- Program on your computer can't crash you router, entire network or whole universe - as it couldn't access routers shell.
- If deluge would like to eat memory or network traffic, you can check that in Task manager on Processes tab - otherwise you got the another problem in the system and you trying to connect all behaviours to wrong origin.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

What's the connection limit you set? A high number may create such issue either on computer and router. Regarding the router you have it seems odd but anyway worth the try: limit the total numver of connections to let say 200 or 150 and give us a feedback.
Leokosta
New User
New User

Post by Leokosta »

The suggestion from Shamael is worth trying. Also, you could make a backup of Deluge and total uninstall ( with Revo or another utility ) to see if it helps. I would scan with Malwarebytes in safe mode too, and last, test your RAM. I find it difficult that Deluge is the cause of all those problems. Could be a malfunctioning router too.