Automatically resume or recheck when torrent gets an error

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
LionelDobie
New User
New User

Automatically resume or recheck when torrent gets an error

Post by LionelDobie »

Hello,

I've been searching for a solution in the FAQs and troubleshooting sections with no luck

I'm using a private tracker called http://www.myanonamouse.net; As a member, I have to seed downloaded torrents for a minimum amount of days to maintain my ratio, so I've followed these steps to automatically continue seeding the files on two different windows computers at home:

- The torrent files and downloaded content are on a pen drive connected to my router; This way both computers see all the required files.

On both computers I've installed Deluge (I'm also planning to install it as a service with the tool https://nssm.cc/ as I did with the previous attempt with qBittorrent) and added the same torrents.

This way, whenever any member of my family is using any computer, the files start seeding again.

PROBLEM: Whenever a torrent becomes 'errored' because the router is turned off, or for any other reason, Deluge shows "Error" on the "Progress" column, and they STOP seeding. I have then to MANUALLY recheck

REQUEST: I need to autocheck the torrents having an error to continue seeding them

THINGS I'VE TRIED:

- schedule a windows command "deluge-console.exe recheck": I'm getting "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."; If I try this command first, "deluge-console connect 127.0.0.1:64000" (64000 is my opened port), then the command line keeps waiting forever to connect and nothing happens; If I omit the port "deluge-console connect 127.0.0.1" then Deluge tries to connect to the port 58846 (wtf?) and it fails.

- Looking for a plugin that autochecks and resumes torrents with errors: None found
- Looking for a related option in the plugin "ltConfig": none found
- Find a different approach for my problem: Nothing found so far...

Thanks in advance,
Lionel