PIA and Deluge - what are the best settings?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: PIA and Deluge - what are the best settings?

Post by gderf »

Are you confusing PIA VPN with PIA Proxy?
sscsr1
New User
New User

Post by sscsr1 »

I am using deluge and PIA VPN and cannot get my download and upload speed to be anywhere close to what it should be. I use port forwarding, I have made rules in defender and A/V and have even changed the DNS in my router to PIA DNS. I D/L at 2.3 Mib with VPN on and 317. MiB with VPN off. I have installed the itconfig plugin and the only boxes I have checked are the enable_incomming_tcp and enable_outgoing_tcp. Nothing else in checked. I have been trying for weeks to get this to work better with no luck. I know I am not going to get my full speed on a VPN but I need to do better than this I am losing all my ratios and ability to help others on the sites I frequent. Can someone or everyone please help. IDK why the itconfig thing isn't working but it is no different even with it uninstalled. No change either way.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

enable_incoming_tcp and enable_outgoing_tcp are enabled by default in libtorrent/deluge, so no need for setting these. Some VPN users have issues with uTP, so if having low speeds, then it can often help using ltconfig to disable both enable_incoming_utp and enable_outgoing_utp. Even if not having issues with uTP, and/or not using VPN, then disabling uTP will generally give a little lift to the speeds, although using public torrents with few peers in swarm, uTP can be helpful making sure to connect to all peers, as uTP supports NAT traversal so you can sometimes connect to firewalled peers, plus some clients have a precedence for favoring uTP over TCP connections. Also, try or edit to fit high-performance-seed preset in ltconfig for more aggressive tunning.

Btw, I once asked Arvid, the libtorrent lead-dev, about if high-performance-seed preset was only good for uploading, as I saw in the code-comments that it was listed as that, and he said it also would be a good starting point for downloading too, and so not solely for seeding.
Last edited by mhertz on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sscsr1
New User
New User

Post by sscsr1 »

If I did this right it should show my settings in Itconfig
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM ... e3UiWYC88N
This is how I have it set and everything else is greyed out. I will try the high speed upload setting but I will need help tweaking for downloads too please.
Douglas_T
New User
New User

Post by Douglas_T »

sscsr1 wrote:If I did this right it should show my settings in Itconfig
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM ... 3UiWYC88N-krogerfeedback
This is how I have it set and everything else is greyed out. I will try the high speed upload setting but I will need help tweaking for downloads too please.
Some VPN users have issues with uTP, so if having low speeds, then it can often help using ltconfig to disable both enable_incoming_utp and enable_outgoing_utp. Even if not having issues with uTP, and/or not using VPN, then disabling uTP will generally give a little lift to the speeds, although using public torrents with few peers in swarm, uTP can be helpful making sure to connect to all peers, as uTP supports NAT traversal so you can sometimes connect to firewalled peers, plus some clients have a precedence for favoring uTP over TCP connections.