Adding .torrents/Paths/Create .torrent Questions.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Vectraat
New User
New User

Adding .torrents/Paths/Create .torrent Questions.

Post by Vectraat »

1.) If I'm adding a .torrent file to Desktop Deluge and I click on the "Options" tab to change my "Download Location" and "Move Completed Location", will this also change the download paths under "Preferences", or are these .torrent file paths that I'm wanting to change, specific to the .torrent file I'm adding? I'd assume It's specific, but I can't test this out right now or I would. I wouldn't want my Preferences paths to be changed.

2.) File --> Create Torrent --> Both "File" and "Folder" search my Desktop, not my seedbox directories. I assume I can I use "Remote Path" and manually enter my seedbox path?
Example: /homexx/<user name>/files/<file name>
And create a .torrent file from there?
Shryp

Re: Adding .torrents/Paths/Create .torrent Questions.

Post by Shryp »

1) The preferences is the "default" location. Any new torrents added will bring up the selection window and you can change them for that specific torrent.

2) No idea. Probably just a bug-ish thing with the daemon/thin client setup.
Vectraat
New User
New User

Re: Adding .torrents/Paths/Create .torrent Questions.

Post by Vectraat »

Shryp wrote:1) The preferences is the "default" location. Any new torrents added will bring up the selection window and you can change them for that specific torrent.

2) No idea. Probably just a bug-ish thing with the daemon/thin client setup.

Oh ok, well, I'd think that if you're creating a .torrent from a file that's being hosted from your seedbox, you NEED to use the "Remote Path" option and manually type or copy+paste the seedbox path as every other option defaults to your desktop.

Good to know that selecting new download/completed locations when adding a .torrent file won't alter my default download preferences. I figured that's the way it worked, but if it didn't, it would've made a pretty big mess for me with my autodl running.