Automatically adding torrents with a specified path

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Toresh
New User
New User

Automatically adding torrents with a specified path

Post by Toresh »

Hi,
I am trying to replace uTorrent with Deluge and I would like to know if I add a torrent via e.g.

Code: Select all

deluge-console.exe add --path="C:\Temp\Torrents" SomeTorrent.torrent
and the torrent has a top folder, will the specify path be added to it or it will replace it?
i.e. will it be C:\Temp\Torrents\SubFolder or C:\Temp\Torrents\TopFolder\SubFolder?

Thanks
mhertz

Re: Automatically adding torrents with a specified path

Post by mhertz »

Added to it(retains original structure).

Btw, if you wanna change this behaviour, so either never use a topfolder, or alternatively always add a topfolder if missing(for single files without one), then there's a plugin(NoFolder) for either of that functionality, here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=51839

I just made a small fix to that a few days ago so it also supports magnets now, so i'd recommend using my fixed build linked in last post of above thread.
Toresh
New User
New User

Post by Toresh »

Nice, thanks you :)
I quickly tested and it's working great.
I added a torrent to a folder with spaces and I had to replace them with ' '. Is there any other way to add a path with spaces?
Also, would it be possible to not change the name of the torrent in the GUI, just remove it from the path? It's not a big problem, but I would prefer to see the name of the torrent instead of the 1st file.
I am receiving the path and the torrent file from another program and I can't easily manipulate those.

mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome :)

About your questions, i'm sorry for being little slow here, but I don't understand fully :) Are you talking about 'deluge-console add -p 'folder with space' foo.torrent'. In that case, then on linux you can use globbing, so 'deluge-console add -p folder* foo.torrent', but that is probably the shell expanding those globs and so not available in windows command-prompt(atleast not 10 years ago when I last dabbled in windows) - I know deluge has some globbing built-in too, but i'm guessing it's the shell here(zsh/bash etc), but not 100% sure.

The changing of torrent-name in GUI is a known issue of that plugin sorry and I don't know how to fix sorry(I don't even use that plugin either :) ).

If you don't seed, although "rude", then you can make an execute script which drops the top-folder afterwards, but again, I don't know at top of my head how it's done on windows.

If you tell me what app you're trying to integrate with deluge-console, then maybe I can help you better?
Toresh
New User
New User

Post by Toresh »

Yes I would like to add via the console:

Code: Select all

deluge-console.exe --path="C:\Torrents\Some Folder With Spaces" SomeTorrentFile.torrent
The top folder is removed if I use the plugin so it's working great.
I need to replace the spaces in the path to "C:\Torrents\Some' 'Folder' 'With' 'Spaces" but I could call a script file instead of deluge directly to modify the path and call deluge with the modified path.
The path may not exists before I add the torrent to deluge and the name shown is not really a problem, just a small annoyance :)
Again, thanks for your help