Massive Mapped File usage in Server 2016

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Tripwyr
New User
New User

Massive Mapped File usage in Server 2016

Post by Tripwyr »

I'm currently running Deluge on Server 2016. I have isolated this issue to Deluge by stopping all other non-Windows services running on the system. I am using Deluge 1.3.15 in a Thinclient/Daemon configuration with libtorrent 1.0.11.0.

Essentially Deluge consumes huge amounts of memory via Mapped File. This causes the task manager to report normal memory usage (~150MB) but Deluge steadily over the course of a few hours consumes upwards of 6 GB of Mapped File according to RamMap.exe. Pausing all torrents elimates the Mapped File and restores memory consumption to normal.

After a few hours of this, Deluge becomes very sluggish and stops reporting successfully downloaded files to other integrated services. Having to pause and restart all torrents every few hours is not ideal, is there a solution to this issue?

This seems to be different from the GTK memory leak issue because it occurs whether the UI is visible or not.
ars3nic
New User
New User

Re: Massive Mapped File usage in Server 2016

Post by ars3nic »

Necro'ing an old thread, but I have this same issue running deluged as a service (via NSSM) on Windows Server 2012 R2. Task Manager will say that Deluge is using only ~150MB, but also that 28+ of the 32GB in the server are in use. As soon as I restart/stop the deluged service, total memory usage goes down to ~5GB, as would be expected. Rammap's file summary is the only place this usage is actually shown, with dozens/hundreds of torrent files listed.

This is clearly a problem with either Deluge or libtorrent, but I can't figure out a solution other than setting a scheduled task to restart the deluged service every day, which absolutely should not be necessary. I'm currently running Deluge 1.3.15, but this is an issue in prior versions as well, and Python 2.7.12.

EDIT: Forgot that it's actually running with deluged-debug.exe, so that the service can be started/stopped with NSSM.
eylul
New User
New User

Post by eylul »

I have same problem. I am using deluge default version 1.3.15 ( not deamon)
It shows memory usage of deluge is not so big, but when I pause/resume all torrents, my memory usage decreases about %25.
I have total 4 GB RAM, so this is a problem for me.
eylul
New User
New User

Post by eylul »

Mapped files are growing when seeding 200+ torrents.
"Pause session" and "resume session" resets memory usage. You have to do this every 1-2 hours.

Do you have any solution, or I will go to qbittorrent. I love deluge very much, but my ram is only 4 gb.