Regular crashes

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Bob4K
New User
New User

Regular crashes

Post by Bob4K »

Hi,

I'm using deluge-1.3.15-win32-py2.7 on Windows 7 x64, in Classic Mode (although not using it does not help), and with a SOCK5 with auth proxy (using Private Internet Access proxy).

I installed the 2008 version of vcredist_x64.exe.

Regularly, after I start downloading, I get and exception pointing to an invalid call to Microsoft libraries.

What can I do to help debugging the problem?

I went to deluge, because using PI proxy appears to be tricky. All other torrent software stall with it on this PC. That stall happens Deluge 2.0 too.
2.gif
2.gif (5.27 KiB) Viewed 2858 times
1.gif
1.gif (17.26 KiB) Viewed 2858 times
Bob4K
New User
New User

Re: Regular crashes

Post by Bob4K »

I installed Frostwire, which probably being Java based too shares some libraries with Deluge.

It work also with PI proxy, but does not crash. Its interface is less polished, Deluge is nicer and has more features that I find useful, but it works well.

I'd prefer to use Deluge, but it does not seem that I'll get much support so far, so Frostwire is a good stopgap.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry cannot help much, but I just googled your issue, and it's been reported many times without resolution(libglib-2.0-0.dll crashing). A report was made on the bug-tracker long ago, where the reporter stated it only happened for him when using remote-desktop. Many of the reports where unanswered, but in one, many years ago, lead-dev Cas, stated:
As I thought it appears to be a gtk/glib issue, not a lot we will be able to do to solve that. You could report it upstream but I can imaging they will require a lot more detail.

The solution is as I have said previously; run deluge in split mode (turn off classic mode) then run the daemon; deluged.exe as it does not require any gtk components so it will not crash.
Source: viewtopic.php?t=41537#p176483

Unrelated side-point, if using deluge with a socks5 proxy, then for proper security you need ltplugin installed and enable force_proxy and anonymous_mode. If you cannot get deluge to work, try qbittorrent, which features both of these options too and i've tested it works without your reported stalls with PIA proxy before - though sometimes there's issues with UDP trackers in general with libtorrent and socsk5 proxies i've noticed and seen reported. Possibly you could also try the beta deluge-2.0 and see if that fixes your issue(+ it has force_proxy/anonymous_mode available without plugin too).
Bob4K
New User
New User

Post by Bob4K »

mhertz wrote:Sorry cannot help much, but I just googled your issue, and it's been reported many times without resolution
Yes, I saw that too, hence my post here just in case...
Unrelated side-point, if using deluge with a socks5 proxy, then for proper security you need ltplugin installed and enable force_proxy and
Very useful tip, thanks.
If you cannot get deluge to work, try qbittorrent, which features both of these options too and i've tested it works without your reported stalls with PIA proxy before - though sometimes there's issues with UDP trackers in general with libtorrent and socsk5 proxies i've noticed and seen reported. Possibly you could also try the beta deluge-2.0 and see if that fixes your issue(+ it has force_proxy/anonymous_mode available without plugin too).
QB is my favorite client, but very temperamental with PI proxy. An older version works on my main home PC, but this PC is a remote one, and after working for a while, it just stopped.
I'll stick with Frostwire on the remote PC, the lack of some features is not a big problem. It works without crashing. If you happen to have security tips for it too, they would be very welcomed.