Connection was refused...

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
AdamJ
New User
New User

Connection was refused...

Post by AdamJ »

This problem has me stumped. Before I explain the problem I need to supply some background info. About a week ago I started having connection issues with my VPN (PIA). The VPN would connect to a PIA server and then within about 1-5 minutes would kill my wireless internet connection preventing me from using the internet in any way, including disconnecting the VPN. When this happened the only way to get the wireless internet connection back was to pull my USB wifi adapter from the PC and plug it back in again. After a long trouble shooting period including; being unable to reinstall the OpenVPN TAP driver needed by PIA, and being unable to reinstall my wifi driver. I finally got my internet connection and PIA VPN working again. The problem it turned out was that in the process of uninstalling Groovy the uninstaller deleted a registry entry called "DhcpInterfaceOpetions" restoring this entry fixed both the TAP and wifi driver installer issues and I can now browse the internet with PIA as I used to.

However now I am unable to use Deluge. Whenever I try to download a torrent under "tracker status" I receive the error "Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" (see error images below). Sometimes it will give a time out error instead of the connection error. If attempt to manually download a torrent like "checkmytorrentip" I receive the error "Connection was refused by the other side: 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". Googleing this error it appears to be related to Python, but I found nothing helpful.
Deluge_Err_02.JPG
Deluge_Err_02.JPG (12 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
Deluge_Err_01.JPG
Deluge_Err_01.JPG (30.66 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
I'm running Deluge in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (without any problems for a couple years until now). The above errors occur regardless if I'm using PIA or not. I had Deluge setup to use PIA SOCKS 5 proxy with authentication while using the PIA VPN. The error occurs regardless if the proxy is configured/enabled or not. I have a firewall kill switch setup in Comodo but the error still occurs if I disable or delete the kill switch rule set. I also tried updating PIA to v80 (was using v65) and updating Deluge to 1.3.15 (was using 1.3.12 I think).

It seems likely that the original connection issues I was having are related but right now the only "network" app not working appears to be Deluge. Other apps like Dropbox, Steam, web browsers, PIA, etc. are functioning without any problems, at least so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Connection was refused...

Post by shamael »

hi,

Only on a specific tracker? Test with an ubuntu ditrib available on their site through Bittorrent protocol to confirm.
Have you checked your pref>network>encryption options? With ubuntu test you can set it back to none to see if it change anything
AdamJ
New User
New User

Post by AdamJ »

I figured out what the problem was, there were in fact two problems. In the process of trying to fix the PIA TAP driver issue Windows firewall somehow re-enabled itself. Disabling it solved one problem. The second problem was that reinstalling the TAP driver changed the MAC address of the TAP adapter. Updating the MAC address in the Comodo Network Zones solved that issue. So now things appear to be working fine.
I understand why the Win FW was causing a problem but Comodo should have been disabled while I was doing this trouble shooting even though it apparently wasn't. Very frustrating. But now things are working so I'm posting this in case it may be helpful for others.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

thx for you feedback ;)