Is there a really stable version of this on win 8.1?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
taosk8r
New User
New User

Is there a really stable version of this on win 8.1?

Post by taosk8r »

Im seeing a lot of other crash threads here, and so maybe stability overall is not something this client has going for it?

If I run it for more than 3 hours with like 5 torrents open in it, it feels like it will crash for sure at this early point in my use.

Im wondering if there is any way to make it at least throw me a popup when it dies so I can at least know I need to restart it. Timing is really mission critical for me, and 30 lost minutes at the wrong time can have a major impact.
taosk8r
New User
New User

Re: Is there a really stable version of this on win 8.1?

Post by taosk8r »

So I just went back on the changelog to May 24th, and text search reveals only one mention of the word 'crash'. So I will have to assume the current version is just as horribly unstable as the one that was out waaay back when I posted this. Too bad. I guess if someone wants to report something different as an 8.1 User, Im all ears, but until then, Im not interested in a barely stable client (like alpha levels of stability - if that).

The answer I was looking for is "I am using it on your OS and it is stable," not "the developers have claimed to have made a stable release" (which is purely just not AT ALL true).

Thanks for the attempt to help, however, as after months you were the only one to answer.