Really fast downloads to...nothing?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
xCloudx
New User
New User

Really fast downloads to...nothing?

Post by xCloudx »

First some information:
Running Deluge 1.3.15, libtorrent: 1.0.11.0, Windows 10 Pro.
Internet is xfinity through Comcast, multiple speedtests put my connection generally are pretty close to 250-260 Mbps download, ~25-30 Mbps upload, 9 ms ping.
Connection is through a desktop, hardwired (Cat 6) to a Asus RT-AC66R router, hardwired (Cat 6 as well) to a Netgear CM1000 Modem.

Preface to this: running Deluge's default bandwidth settings out of the box caused me to barely break 1 MiB/s down. I installed the ItConfig plugin and set the profile to High Performance Seed and initially was amazingly better performance.

So I've been having an issue lately where Deluge starts out going pretty fast. Hitting around 15-18 MiB/s down. Don't have many leechers on these torrents, so I haven't seen what uploads at but I'm more concerned with the download speeds. While I'm fine with it going 10+ MiB/s, it doesn't maintain that speed at all. All of a sudden, the connection will drop to 0.00 KiB/s. Then after a few minutes of nothing, it shoots back up for a bit.

Anyways, here's my connection stats. Would love some input on possible changes.

Also, total torrents running in the client are 900+ with over 750 seeding. Unfortunately, I have to leave these torrents seeding, they can not be removed. This is causing considerable lag on the U.I. but I can deal with it, I'm just very patient when adding torrents.
grtgbln
New User
New User

Re: Really fast downloads to...nothing?

Post by grtgbln »

Might just be your write speeds on your hard drive. Steam downloads tend to do the same thing, rising, peaking and then falling to basically zero and starting the process all over again. At a point, all the download data has to be transferred from your RAM to your disk, and that's usually when the pause in speed happens.