Deluge running slow after a year, how to fix without wiping settings?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
cokefriend
New User
New User

Deluge running slow after a year, how to fix without wiping settings?

Post by cokefriend »

So, after a year of running my current settings on Deluge, it seems like something broke.
I only have maybe 20 active torrents, so I don't think that's the issue.
Load ups take a long time, closing the client, deleting stuff takes a long time and this is only limited to deluge, not any other programs.
I'm running thin client, settings seem to be all normal.
The only thing is that I'm using the same appdata folder as maybe 2015 because of specific plugins and my settings for them, torrent seeding lists, etc.
I'm guessing a fresh install will fix all my problems, but is there a way to achieve the same without losing all my settings for my autolabelling, rss feeds (because it's a pain to re-do all of them)?
cokefriend
New User
New User

Re: Deluge running slow after a year, how to fix without wiping settings?

Post by cokefriend »

Any help?
Now, the client is really messed up.
Would a fresh install even help though? Or is it because of my plugins or something?
1) I can't click buttons, i need to click them then press space to select the button.
2) Changing anything takes 5-10 seconds to actually apply
3) Torrent list disappears, only reappears after restarting both client and daemon server
3b) Torrent list partially disappears, only fixes after restarting both client and daemon server
4) Extremely laggy all around, not hogging resources though, just extremely unpleasant to use
Shryp

Re: Deluge running slow after a year, how to fix without wiping settings?

Post by Shryp »

Are you using the new 1.3.13 version?

Having a lot of torrents loaded can cause problems, even if they are not active.

First thing to do would be make a copy of the settings folder and move it to some place safe. Then you can start experimenting with a clean install or wiping all settings. If you rename the deluge folder in your APPDATA that will start you with a fresh user profile without reinstalling deluge. Sometimes C++ redistributable files can get messed up while installing or uninstalling other programs. Usually that leads to crashes on startup though.