GUIDE: Full torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
QWIKAG

Re: GUIDE: Full torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract

Post by QWIKAG »

Regarding AutoAdd:
What are the settings:
See my setup is this correct for watching "Sonarr"?

(I have added a Torrents folder to my PATH)

Pic of my current state:
Attachments
AutoAdd Setup
AutoAdd Setup
Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 4.12.07 AM.png (47.62 KiB) Viewed 19650 times
Autocat

Post by Autocat »

Its been long time since I have visited this forum, live goes on :) Still using the same setup and working really well. To bad radarr and sonar have issue with video files in subfolders, they wont get detected/moved. But this is not an issue of Deluge. For the rest working flawlessly, have to remove some leftovers once in a while, which also is not an issue of Deluge but radarr/sonarr.

I have enabled email notifications now so if any of you post a reply will get to know of it and probably will respond faster.

EDIT: Found issue for files getting extracted into subfolders, was incorrect setting for extractnow. Make sure to set Settings > Destination > Auto extract archive to is set to '{ArchiveFolder}\'
zirus
New User
New User

Post by zirus »

I know this post is old but i was hoping to see if I could find a resolution. First off great walk through! I was able to replicate everything good except one thing. The only thing I am not able to do is to automatically or manually import TV shows with sonarr after they are copied/extracted. When I look at the activity in sonarr, it is tracking the downladed torrents but has a note that says: no eligible files were found for import. Then it shows the seeding directory that deluge is using to seed. So basically it is not tracking the copycompleted files and also the extracted files. Any way to configure sonarr to track better? Here is my current setup:

download folder & seeding folder: L:\Seeding
copycompleted folder: L:\Torrent_Copy\tv-sonarr
extractnow monitors L:\Torrent_Copy\tv-sonarr then extracts to L:\Torrent_Copy\Sonarr

Also, the RSS feed, actually downloading the torrents, and other processes seem to work just fine.
Autocat

Post by Autocat »

Probably you have found a solution by now, anyway, you should extract in the same folder :)

Also make sure that blackhole download method complete folder is correctly set, it should be the same folder as where completed torrents are copied to.
Autocat

Post by Autocat »

Its been a while since I posted this guide. Over the last few years have been searching for the 'perfect' solution. Nowadays its more about staying anonymous and although in my country its something not to really worry about just yet you can never be careful enough. From torrenting locally I have moved to using a seedbox. It gave me some advantages but also has its downsides, especially if you want to automate things. With the right skills I am sure it can work perfectly, but for me it always felt like a 80% solution.

Few months ago I had to upgrade my storage and bought a Synology nas. Not the cheapest but for me a hassle free solution. Along with this I started using docker which really changed the landscape in certain areas. Now I am able to torrent locally again, with making use of a VPN that even supports port forwarding. You dont have to worry about your public IP leaking when the VPN connection drops because the docker in which deluge is running wont work if the VPN connection drops.

The coming weeks I will try to update the guide so that its better suited for 2020, and you all can learn from it :)
RagavKumar
New User
New User

Post by RagavKumar »

Thank you for in-depth guidance regarding this: Full torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract
This is really helpful.
Autocat

Post by Autocat »

2021 update, back to torrenting on Windows again! I can strongly advise Mullvad as a VPN provider. They have I great app that enables you to only allow internet traffic when the VPN is up, with our without the app running. For extracting rarred torrents I am using unpackerr, a great tool. Because of this I don't require the blackhole download method anymore and copy on complete. Makes the setup so much more simple. Will update the guide with all the latest details.
Autocat

Post by Autocat »

Its been a hell of a ride :D but I ended up going completely headless and ended with a docker setup.