Deluge 1.3.12 not starting (missing dll) on win7 x64.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Having major issues installing 1.3.12 on win7 x64.

Post by doadin »

Snackbar wrote:
doadin wrote:try installing Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 herehttp://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download ... x?id=40784
This worked, thanks. Curiously, I already had the x64 version of MSVC 2013 installed from a previous IRC app but following your link and installing the x86 version appears to have replaced the x64 version because I no longer see it in the list of uninstallable programs. Speaking of MSVC, I'm counting *11* separate instances (excluding the latest) from various dates that I'm assuming are tied to various apps. Would you think that uninstalling all of them except the latest x86 one and hope that "backwards compatibility" is a "thing" with MSVC or will all my apps blow up? The amount of clutter that MS puts into their OS makes me really want to change to something like Arch Linux, but I would miss my games.
apps require certain version of msvc as you noted other apps will install the redist if its not already in the same deluge could provide the dll or install as well but i think theres certain rules to that. the x86 version shouldnt replace the x64 version http://puu.sh/kawig/7ba4fba346.jpg is what mine looks like.

so to answer your question no dont uninstall unless you know the app that installed it is also removed. And yes libtorrent is x86 ill edit my post to state that so you at least did part of it right. you should install the x86 version however why it did or you think it replaced the x64 version idk thats for you to diagnose i guess.

Edit: i could be wrong but i think same version of the dist could be fine to replace if you keep the newest one. for example say you have(made up numbers just for example) c++2008 1.0 and c++2008 1.1 you could MAYBE uninstall 1.0 and be fine but you can say uninstall c++2005. because 2008 doesnt covert the apps use of 2005. if that makes sence. again thats a maybe youd have to try and see. also if you install the app that installed it in the first place after remove the redist it installed its just gonna reinstall it so i usually just leave it.
Last edited by doadin on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snackbar
New User
New User

Post by Snackbar »

Just out of curiousity, I tried opening my IRC client again after all this, and top keks result:
top-kek.png
top-kek.png (29.41 KiB) Viewed 9397 times
I don't really care about IRC anyway atm, I'll figure this out later.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

Snackbar wrote:Just out of curiousity, I tried opening my IRC client again after all this, and top keks result:
top-kek.png
looks like its the same dll so you just need to get both x86 and x64 version of the 2013 redist installed. alternatively you could just install the x86 version of hexchat since you have the redist install but really the one replaceing another seems bad to me and you should figure out whats wrong with your system and resolve the issue as a better long term option.
Snackbar
New User
New User

Post by Snackbar »

doadin wrote:
Snackbar wrote:Just out of curiousity, I tried opening my IRC client again after all this, and top keks result:
top-kek.png
looks like its the same dll so you just need to get both x86 and x64 version of the 2013 redist installed. alternatively you could just install the x86 version of hexchat since you have the redist install but really the one replaceing another seems bad to me and you should figure out whats wrong with your system and resolve the issue as a better long term option.
Actually using your same link again I installed the x64 version and now hexchat is working again. And Now both x86 and x64 versions of MSVC 2013 are listed in installed programs. Why x86 totally replaced x64 in the first place? Absolutely no clue. But thankfully everything is now fine.
Last edited by Snackbar on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
light
New User
New User

Post by light »

doadin wrote:Those are build i use personally but i would not recommend using. In fact i think im going to take em down. The 'skip hash check' and 'sequential download' is not something i added so its either something in dev code or 1.3.xx code. I believe the devs have requested i dont provide builds because of version numbering. The dev builds should be 2.0.0 devxxx now and not 1.4.0. The libtorrent builds dont matter though those you can use. So at least for now id recommend using 1.3.12 with one of my libtorrent builds. OR 1.3.12 with vc++ redist 2013 installed(link in my previous post) which would be the most official build option and therefore get the most support from the devs.
Too late, I liked it already so I'm gonna keep using it, and the pieces status bar really nice though i change the default color a bit lighter :D, and it seems to be banned on some private trackers so I have to use ltConfig change user_agent to Deluge 1.3.6 and it does the trick :v. Hopefully, I can edit tracker on multiple torrents, and edit multiple trackers on a torrent soon.
PhYrE

Post by PhYrE »

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "deluge\ui\gtkui\gtkui.py", line 349, in _on_reactor_start
File "deluge\ui\client.py", line 559, in start_classic_mode
File "deluge\ui\client.py", line 432, in __init__
File "deluge\core\daemon.py", line 136, in __init__
File "deluge\core\core.py", line 36, in <module>
File "deluge\_libtorrent.py", line 59, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Same on Windows 10 x64 (latest)
Installing the x64 redistributable didn't help
Installing the x86 one did.
This should be noted in the installation package (or automatically prompted).
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

PhYrE wrote:Installing the redistributable didn't help.
Try just replacing the libtorrent.pyd file with the one linked above or one from here:
http://shryp.ashendust.com/deluge/
desidevil
New User
New User

Post by desidevil »

I got same dll load error after updating to 3.1.12 on windows Xp.Installing the redistrbutable worked for me.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

PhYrE wrote: Installing the x86 one did.
Then stick with that.
Snackbar
New User
New User

Post by Snackbar »

doadin wrote:...but really the one replaceing another seems bad to me and you should figure out whats wrong with your system and resolve the issue as a better long term option.
Snackbar wrote:Why x86 totally replaced x64 in the first place? Absolutely no clue.
I did a small amount of digging in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp" (nice directory to store log files, eh?) where these installation logs are stored and looked at the first x86 installer log file. There's 1 reference to "x64" and it does appear that a silent uninstall command of the x64 version occurred. Here's a curious line#37:

Code: Select all

[bla bla time]i301: Applying execute package: {bla bla numbers}, action: Uninstall, path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{bla bla numbers}\vcredist_x64.exe, arguments: '"C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{bla bla numbers}\vcredist_x64.exe" -uninstall -quiet -burn.related.upgrade -burn.ancestors={bla bla numbers}'
So here's my theory: the x64 version previously installed was already out of date and when the x86 version came along, it decided that the x64 version was too old and decided to uninstall it for the better and this is now a "2013+" thing to do. I'm wondering if an "up-to-date" version of an x64 version would have been left alone when the time came for an x86 installation. Although you would think "Microsoft Update" would pick this kind of thing up and tell you about it, but I've disabled that recently due to it giving me offers for retarded software like Skype and Silverlight.