Memory leak?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
fplayer

Memory leak?

Post by fplayer »

I left Deluge open over night to download some games and stuff. When i wake up it was using 850MB RAM. I have 2 torrents on Deluge and both are paused but program is using 2-6% of my CPU (i have i5 4690k)

Shryp

Re: Memory leak?

Post by Shryp »

The GTK interface has a memory leak when it redraws things. Best to leave it on an inactive tab when not looking at things. It has been described as an issue with the windows GTK runtime version implementation and not a problem with Deluge.

I am not sure about the CPU usage.
Kyle1836
New User
New User

Post by Kyle1836 »

Deluge uses about 2-3% of my CPU (in which I deem totally worthy) and I am on an Intel i7 4720-HQ which is 2.6GHz up to 3.2GHz turbo boost. I also have 12GB of DDR3L RAM and it only uses about 60-80MB of RAM. This is with 12 torrents.
diwit
New User
New User

Post by diwit »

this issue is still active a good few years later. I found that there seems to be no leak when using Deluge Portable 1.3.3, which in my opinion is better than having to remember to close it every time we use it... tried on different computers and I can't remember it having those issues all other versions have, no matter what version/s of Visual C++ you have installed.