Differences In Python Versions?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Shryp

Differences In Python Versions?

Post by Shryp »

I just started using Deluge today after using uTorrent for a long time. I did use Deluge on Linux a long time ago, but that was like 7+ years ago. My main reason for switching was just that uTorrent seems pretty buggy these days so I was using an old version, but wanted something that was going to be updated. Also, I download stuff on my desktop, but mostly use my laptop for browsing around and thought the client - dameon thing would be useful vs using the webUI of other choices.

I am using the python 2.6 version right now, and did try both the 2.6 and 2.7 versions in a virtual machine. What I can't figure out are any differences in the two. I looked through the install directions, the FAQ and though the forums and don't see any mention of any differences in the python versions. Would I be correct in believing the 2.7 series would be better just because it is newer?

If anyone knows of any functional differences between the 2 (stability, speed, efficiency, resource usage, UI differences...) that would be great to know.

Currently using LabelPluss and YaRSS2 plugs, but will probably look through some of the others in time.

Desktop: Windows 7x64, 8GB RAM, AMD Phenom II x4 3GHz
Laptop: Windows 7x64, 4GB RAM, AMD A8-4500M 1.90GHz
Deluge 1.3.11
libtorrent: 0.16.18.0