UI problem with Deluge

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
elgar
New User
New User

UI problem with Deluge

Post by elgar »

Deluge as been great up until the latest release, 1.3.11! Clicking on any button results in a delay of 5 to 10 seconds and a "not responding" message. Deluge does respond as stated earlier but it's somewhat annoying to experience this wait. I'm running windows 7.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Problem after installing Deluge 1.3.11...

Post by Cas »

What version were you using before? There is nothing significantly changed in 1.3.11.
elgar
New User
New User

Post by elgar »

I was using the previous update, 1.3.10.
elgar
New User
New User

Post by elgar »

So I reinstalled the previous version, 1.3.10. It's working like before, no lag. Let me know if you want more info regarding my computer, etc!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Can you reinstall 1.3.11 to confirm it's not just a coincidence.
Torrentowicz
New User
New User

Post by Torrentowicz »

Hello all.

I have the same bug on windows 8.1 after fresh install 1.3.11 today. Buttons do not respond, they just freezing. Buttons start to work after a ~20s or after minimizing and maximizing the application. However buttons stops working after a while.
Reinstall does not remove the problem.

Edit: same things happens with checkbox in settings. They freezing.

Sorry for my bad english language.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Can you test in thinclient mode both connected and disconnected from a running daemon (and/or daemon stopped). Also check CPU usage for Deluge and test with 1.3.10 and then switch back to 1.3.11 to confirm it's not just a coincidence.

I have to reiterate there really have been very very minor changes in 1.3.11 and none that should affect the UI like this. However GTK issues in Win7/8 have been randomly reported with every version, not a lot we can do about this though as GTK2 is EOL so we have to eventually move to GTK3 or something else.

The one thing that is missing is how long after starting, how many torrents etc...
Torrentowicz
New User
New User

Post by Torrentowicz »

Thx for your reply.

Same freezing on 1.3.10 (with cleaned settings in %appdata%).

Freezes happens 1s after starting deluge. Same thing on classic mode and without classic mode. Even freezes happens in connection manager when you have options to start/stop daemon. Same thing with daemon stopped or running. Happens without torrents, and with 1-2 torrents.

I have i7-4770k and deluge usage is at normal.

If you wait a few seconds (~10s), you can select checkbox in options, but right after selecting you can't unselect it, or select another checkbox and even click apply/close - totally freez. You must wait then you can choose another checkbox or close option window, but after choosing the situation repeats itself.

Maybe it has something to do with the latest Windows updates.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I feel there is some conflict with GTK and Windows and a recent update is a good theory, could you verify all updates installed and restart machine a couple of times as that has helped once for a user.
Torrentowicz
New User
New User

Post by Torrentowicz »

Nothing helps.