w00t

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ugg_caboose
New User
New User

w00t

Post by ugg_caboose »

I've been having problems with microtorrent and various other clients, and I'm glad to announce that Deluge works perfectly on my version of Vista. Only comment is, even though my download just reached 300kb/s, my tested port comes up blocked? Should I not worry about that? I'll keep you updated if I find any problems.
ugg_caboose
New User
New User

Re: w00t

Post by ugg_caboose »

Crap, I'm downloading a rather large file, 14.5 gb. I have 12 seeders and 70 peers, yet I'm only downloading at 37 kib/s :x . When setting up a portforward I set it for application name Deluge with my ports etc... is there a different name I should use?

Edit:
By the way, this is what my portforwarding window looks like.
I set up a static IP for other clients that worked fine, which is set to 192.168.1.139
Attached is image.
Attachments
Portfowarding screenie of my router.
Portfowarding screenie of my router.
deluge.jpg (9.95 KiB) Viewed 4396 times
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

ugg_caboose wrote:Crap, I'm downloading a rather large file, 14.5 gb. I have 12 seeders and 70 peers, yet I'm only downloading at 37 kib/s :x . When setting up a portforward I set it for application name Deluge with my ports etc... is there a different name I should use?

Edit:
By the way, this is what my portforwarding window looks like.
I set up a static IP for other clients that worked fine, which is set to 192.168.1.139
Attached is image.
Run the first time configuration wizard (under help) and tell deluge to use that port range (60500 to 60550).
that should make it work.
you can also install the network health plugin to see if you're accepting incoming connections or not.
ugg_caboose
New User
New User

Post by ugg_caboose »

I did set up deluge to use those ports, however my router needs to be enabled for those ports. And when I do that, I have to set it up for a specific application name. Should I just set the application name to Deluge? Because when I set up my portforward for Utorrent, the guide told me to make it Utor1.
loki

Post by loki »

The name doesn't really matter, AFAIK, it's just for your reference. Just to be sure, that static IP address that you listed there is set as your current computers local IP address that deluge is running on?
ugg_caboose
New User
New User

Post by ugg_caboose »

Yeah my TCP is set up for 139, which is what my router is set for. I am clueless as to why it's not coming up as open...
loki

Post by loki »

After you set the port forward did you shutdown dbus-daemon and restart deluge?