YaRSS2 and kickass.to

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
enstine86

YaRSS2 and kickass.to

Post by enstine86 »

Hello,

I just installed Deluge on windows. I wanted to set up some RSS feeds using yarss2. I have added them to the plugin, but I don't think its working. The wiki mentions I may need to add cookie information but I'm not sure. Has any one gotten kickass.to rss feeds to work?

Thank you,
garnertr

Re: YaRSS2 and kickass.to

Post by garnertr »

I'm using YaRSS2 with no problems.

RSS Feeds - Add Feed

For Example:

Kick Ass Movies - RSS FEED Name: Whatever; RSS Feed URL: https://kickass.to/movies/?rss=1; Update Interval: 120 (mine is set to that).

Click Save

Click Subscriptions tab

Click Add Subscription

Title your new subscription

RSS FEED - drop down box, select your newly named RSS Feed; mine is Kick Ass Movies, wait a bit it takes a few minutes to retrieve everything; Under "Matching" you'll see a red X and a title.

In the FILTER INCLUDE (REGEX) start building your "search" criteria

in the FILTER EXCLUDE (REGEX) you can put in things you DON'T want (*.mkv, .or. LOL .or. KILLERS).

Click Save

All should run as advertised and based on your settings your torrent will act accordingly.

----

Myself I have problems w/ the REGEX b/c I'm somewhat of a dweeb / newbie / rookie / dork at it... so I keep my "search" simple. My settings have all torrents in a Paused state, and when the YaRSS2 finds something it sticks it under the NO LABELS tab. Which I personally like b/c it gives me time to review the torrent. I don't mind, and when I get it all squared away I start the torrent, put it in the correct folder and forget about it... :)

I'm a little old-school hands on ocd approach to my torrents, which for me is fine, I don't mind reviewing files (for duplicate and such) and I don't mind all my torrents downloading into a dummy folder and then moving them to my Drobo. Sure it can be automated, but for now I'm happy.

I'm also doing my TV shows in a "bad" way, from what I read of the REGEX it seems like a pretty powerful tool, but I haven't really messed with it, so in theory you should only need one or two subscriptions for your TV shows, b/c the REGEX can search for multiple titles per RSS FEED. but for now I have individual RSS subscriptions for each TV show... I know not efficient, but works. I hope to find or read a moron version of the REGEX for Deluge Windows but so far I haven't really found it yet... but in my 15 minutes of searching in the wee-hours of the morning, things are a tad slow... :)

Hope this works for you...